English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 03 December 2016, 19:36   #61
JZon

Big Key vs Little key

Ended up copying the key to every drawer on SYS: and SYS: MUI . (to no avail)

(big Key on first attempt)

Maybe I build a new lha for mui38usr with the key inside? and open in ram and install from there? (Sounds like too much work and probably wouldn't accomplish anything.)

Is the keyfile case sensitive? (maybe I have more ways to try)

(I'm copying MUI.key, the little key's name. It's funny the little key is named MUI.key and the big key is named mui.key)((I try this both ways too, and report back))

Standby.. .. ..
AdSense AdSense  
Old 03 December 2016, 19:49   #62
emufan

put mui.key into sys:s or sys:l take a look at that image.
no need to rebuild a mui archive - after installing mui38usr.lha just copy the key.
the amiga filesystem does not care about casesensitivity, so it doesnt matter (MUI.KEY vs mui.key)
start mui program in sys:mui and you should see the same.

btw: sys: and system: seems to be the same, we were talking about the other day
^^^hmmm, my boot harddrive has the name system: so i'm not sure about the above.
sys: is correct for sure. sys: points to boot-drive (floppy , harddrive).

Last edited by emufan; 03 December 2016 at 20:23.
Old 03 December 2016, 20:09   #63
JZon

Big Key (little name) failed, btw

I see. I see.

I'm showing a different error (as if everything is good as I put a copy of the key there in S too)...

Click image for larger version

Name:	failure.png
Views:	26
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	51160

I made an oh so brief look on aminet only for the screennotifier.library and found this.. OS39_update_patches.lha

Maybe I try this from my saved, replicant, directory, start afresh, and install this patch, then install MUI?

Thank you very much! Brother Jzon

Last edited by JZon; 03 December 2016 at 23:18.
Old 03 December 2016, 20:22   #64
emufan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZon View Post
I made an oh so brief look on aminet only for the screennotifier.library and found this.. OS39_update_patches.lha

Maybe I try this from my saved, replicant, directory, start afresh, and install this patch, then install MUI?
you can simply copy the sceennotify.library from that archive into your libs: folder.
the other patches in that archive i would not apply. they dont look so important.

#1) mui is looking for the key file only when it get started for the first time.
so right after a reboot, start snoopdos then start the sys:mui tool, and you will see something like that:
mui L:mui.key read fail
mui S:mui.key read ok

Last edited by emufan; 03 December 2016 at 20:33.
Old 03 December 2016, 21:46   #65
JZon

I'm digging the inhouse msg sys

OK. Went back to SnoopDos, found some entities that it was looking for, which I found on aminet (listtree.library, listtree.mcc, and listtree.mcp <does that stand for Master Control Program?>)

After those failures were fixed, I come up with this...

Name:	snoop dos and mui 3.PNG
Views:	35
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	51159

It's finding big mui "MUI" in ram? I look here and only find little mui "mui". I created some keypath and keyfiles folders with the key(s) inside them. Still showing this. (also put key's in every drawer of sys)

Is ram accessing things I wouldn't normally find in a directory tree? Is this why you had me build lha and mui from cli? (which I've been doing btw. I did try opening the ram icon and working from there once. Seemed to be the same end result) Also noticing your's booting from System. Mine seems to be changing around directories to accomplish the same thing. (Or is it?)

Old 03 December 2016, 22:31   #66
emufan

these fails are ok, no real problem. mui tool is looking in different locations for the key,
the different folder dont have to be created, since mui is also looking in s: folder.

you are refering to ramlib? here i have no clue how it works, but this is nothing special,
nothing to fix.
maybe an already started process with some magic, calling this ramlib instance to open components.

my boot harddisk has the volume name system: this is somehow confusing, but was default name of the AmigaSYS installation.
Old 03 December 2016, 22:41   #67
JZon

Swoosh

OK. I'm speaking in a whisper voice now.

I put a key in the MUI folder but not the subfolders. Checking now...

Over.
Old 03 December 2016, 22:47   #68
emufan

Quote:

OK. I'm speaking in a whisper voice now.

I put a key in the MUI folder but not the subfolders. Checking now...

Over.
it is really not necessary, but if you want to get rid of these "fails"
you can add to your s:user-startup
assign keypath: s:
assign keyfiles: s:

give it a try
Old 03 December 2016, 22:49   #69
JZon

Amiga SYS

Yes.

I saw this and wanted to go over this. Good stuff. Good stuff.
Old 03 December 2016, 23:14   #70
JZon

Wow!

I think it's working..

the assigns took. no errors

I think I made the scroll bar light up when adjusting!

Does it normally do that!?

OK. Going back in...
Old 03 December 2016, 23:26   #71
emufan

Quote:
I think it's working..

the assigns took. no errors
ok
Quote:
I think I made the scroll bar light up when adjusting!

Does it normally do that!?
explain, which scroll bar? attache an image
Old 03 December 2016, 23:49   #72
JZon

Premature false alarm

It does change the settings within MUI. I thought it was going to make them stick to the workbench. Under system I select workbench. (mui)

I tried, rebooting each time. (after saving) it saves to mui interface no probs.

Also tried the free xen preset. it's missing some fonts. (in snoopdos) I went to reset, but the fonts carried over. I will do a clean install.

Are these changes supposed to apply to the workbench kickstart desktop?

Old 04 December 2016, 00:06   #73
emufan

changes in the MUI setting do not affect the workbench, only those mui applications.
basically you could give a mui application it's own look - but I never was very successfull with that. so i'm using the default gui settings.
for example: you can make those mui apps open on it's own screen - i never understand how this works - so i gave up once

in MUI -> System you could configure a screen for your mui application, but as i stated above,
i never understood how this works.

#1) strange, in MUI -> System you "Call Inspector", create a new screen, this new screen you can
choose in this drop-down box above "call inspector", next press save - now it works, i dont get it ... :/

Last edited by emufan; 04 December 2016 at 00:11.
Old 04 December 2016, 00:48   #74
JZon

Great tool!

Even though I had higher expectations, to seamlessly integrate this into 3.5 would be a chore in itself. Great tool though.

What about the Magic WorkBench. Doesn't it have presets or something for the desktop? Did Reaction make something like this?

It's ok. I can search these things out. Main thing we got P96 figured out. Which by the way I've got DPaint IV and V both on their own configs and each using P96. Only DPaint V makes uae dumps if I go to uae settings in screen mode. (& if I try to go back, its bad news) (Good thing for backups) (I just stick with ntsc 640 x 400) But it can work with P96 installed.

Also noticed 39 install looking for the name of the empty hard drive. (So bunny pasting guts is out of the question, gives me too many mystery conflicts)

Now I'm thinking about making a shortcut for my win8 desktop with a custom icon for my Amiga apps. Can I put a config file on the desktop and double click it to start it in WinUAE? & if so, could I also tell the Amiga side (in user startup) to open say DPaint V on boot? (I think that would be boss to have these things available on my win8 taskbar!)

Old 04 December 2016, 01:17   #75
JZon

New Update

I have currently WinUAE3.3 and WinUAE Public Beta 15, 2016.11.06 64-bit.
I installed WinUAE3.3 first.

I put a shortcut to DPaint4 config. It opened WinUAE! But, WinUAE hangs, waiting for one to press the start button.

The config opened using WinUAE3.3 (Not sure if this is because that was the last version I used or if it has priority or if the config was made with that version)

Is there a way to tell WinUAE to start that config if executed from a config file, (or technically, from a shortcut to a config file?) Maybe I try isolate each WinUAE version and try each one. (Not sure if this feature was thought of or incorporated into any of these WinUAE versions)

PS Looked in misc settings of WinUAE only saw 2 start related items. If there is a resolve, I can use your example above to start DPaint on startup (Amiga side) and bam, quick access via taskbar!

Last edited by JZon; 04 December 2016 at 01:24.
Old 04 December 2016, 01:31   #76
JZon

success

There was a third way in the misc settings of WinUAE. Uncheck the Show GUI on startup! Incredible! Now one can custom taylor each app! Good looking WinUAE crew!

Brother Jzon

Out.

Last edited by JZon; 04 December 2016 at 01:58.
Old 05 December 2016, 06:18   #77
JZon

Free SVG!

I added the start up command for DPaintIV, created a custom config to start without gui, supplied a taskbar shortcut, and made a custom icon...

Name:	DPaint4LogoIconCreationb.png
Views:	31
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	51170

I just tried to upload the free DPaint IV logo SVG. But it doesn't like it TIFF nor SVG format.

Anyways, it's working great! The TIFF version went from a perfectly symmetrical pyramid to an elongated one, when converting to an ICO using XNView.

Is there any way to perk up the task bar icons? Maybe like a tweak to simply make the image, inside the button, bigger?

Old 05 December 2016, 19:32   #78
emufan

you can add a known extension ( eg: .txt ) to your svg file, before uploading,
or create a rar or zip archive from it, so it will be accepted by the attachment thing

no idea about the task bar. i have one here too, i once added a new icon, changed a tool.
but this is long ago. now have to find the name of it, so i can look for the config tool
Old 06 December 2016, 03:41   #79
JZon

Neat

Not too stressed with the size of the taskbar icon. I have a dock program that's much better than this stock windows one. I just don't use it as it takes up too many resources. But, when I get things dialed in...

OK. Sweet. here it goes...

OK. I haven't gone back to 'dial in' the svg. It's about 1.8 megs. I can't go over 100 kb's for txt files. I could probably accomplish this, but I have to go do some node shifting and apply a gradient for the 'brush' portion of the picture. Maybe idk if it's possible, you can send me an email in the eab inhouse msg system? I can send files this size and bigger ones with google drive.

I'm trying to set up Opal Paint to start, like I have with DPaint(s). Which by the by, I can make DPaint V start on top of workbench, DPaint IV starts, but it's behind the workbench screen. (I try moving the command from the top to the bottom of the user startup to no avail) It (Opal Paint) opens, but the assigns file (you sent me) won't engage. I tried entering the command twice (to no avail) thinking it equated to a double click (lol)...

Name:	OpalStartup.PNG
Views:	26
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	51196

It seemed the last time, days ago, when I touched this config, after double clicking the assigns, Opal Paint found the keyfile. Now, when I double click assigns, then Opal Paint, it works seemlessly, but the 'can't find keyfile' promt comes up. No biggie, just click OK. (Don't know if features are inhibited) I suppose I should check out grandis. Or actually, check out my own folders, lol, first. (may have done this and forgot)

Do assigns want a different way of being told how to engage?

JUST FOUND OpalVision_Complete in the Zone!

Last edited by JZon; 06 December 2016 at 03:57.
Old 06 December 2016, 05:12   #80
JZon

keyfile moot

It's funny, I went to install the OpalVision_Complete package, it got to where it said insert Images disk 1, didn't like any of the 7 supplied adfs and canceled. I tried making an images1 disk with some files I thought it would want, but it got a little ways in and canceled. However, after having done all this, it's no longer looking for the keyfile! LOL

Also, whenever I open Opal Paint without first depressing the assigns, it's now not going through as many cancel prompts. Assigns still works though, faithfully as always. (Just can't seem to make them (assigns) engage prior to Opal Paint opening on start up)

AdSense AdSense