English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 11 November 2016, 00:33   #1
ransom1122

Floppy Drive option

Hi Toni.

When you click on the arrow to maximize the list of previously used adfs you see all adfs.

Is there a way you could press the down or up arrow to select previous adfs without clicking the arrow?
AdSense AdSense  
Old 11 November 2016, 16:09   #2
mark_k

You can press Alt-Up or Alt-Down to open or close the drop-down list of previous ADFs. However you can't (as far as I can tell) press any key (e.g. cursor up/down) to change the selected ADF. That might be due to WinUAE eating/ignoring WM_KEYDOWN messages.
Old 11 November 2016, 21:16   #3
ransom1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_k View Post
You can press Alt-Up or Alt-Down to open or close the drop-down list of previous ADFs. However you can't (as far as I can tell) press any key (e.g. cursor up/down) to change the selected ADF. That might be due to WinUAE eating/ignoring WM_KEYDOWN messages.
Thanks for the info. Never knew alt up & diem does that. Is there a definite answer from Toni why the up and down arrows alone can't do the same thing?
Old 12 November 2016, 02:14   #4
ransom1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_k View Post

ALT-DOWN Brings up the Previous ADF in the list very true, but does not cycle through ADF's.

I did find something interesting which answers my initial question though

CTR-DOWN cycles through adfs on the list without bringing up the list of adf's used. but only cycles too and from the 1st and 2nd adfs on the list.

any idea how i can cycle the adfs with the keyboard?
Old 12 November 2016, 09:49   #5
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I don't see any working solution, there is no way to see (and it would be wrong anyway, mouse and keyboard are not the only existing input devices) if "list changed" event comes from mouse or keyboard.

List is sorted in newest to oldest order, when entry gets changed (via keyboard or mouse), list gets recreated with the newly selected entry at the first position.

Perhaps if list is only reordered after list loses focus but it may cause other side-effects.

EDIT: Autoselection when drop down is open is changed in next beta. Then you can use F4 (which is standard Windows shortcut that opens combo boxes) to open the drop down and then cursor keys browse items and return to select it.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 12 November 2016 at 09:55.
Old 12 November 2016, 12:34   #6
mark_k

When the drop-down is open you can press PgUp and PgDn to move the selection line. However that isn't much use at the moment due to the list sorting.
Old 12 November 2016, 13:34   #7
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Experimental change: only update list after drop down closes or combo box loses focues. It seems to work. Maybe.

(winuae.7z updated, next official beta later today)
Old 12 November 2016, 23:02   #8
mark_k

Thanks, now the GUI is much more keyboard-navigable, e.g. on CPU and FPU page you can press Tab to activate the CPU radio buttons, then cursor-up/down to change it.
Old 13 November 2016, 00:43   #9
ransom1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Experimental change: only update list after drop down closes or combo box loses focues. It seems to work. Maybe.

(winuae.7z updated, next official beta later today)
Thanks can't wait to check it out.
AdSense AdSense