English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 20 October 2016, 05:37   #21
ruthan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
The simplest way to Mount/DisMount a HardFile or Hardisk on AmigaOS , in questo caso scambiare dati semplicissimo con Dopus4 (see screenshot), but you may also create CD/ISO and mount on MacOS.
How to do it exactly? I dont see anywhere in Dopus is mount button / command option.

I have tried simply mount Amiga system partion, but i have got some disk initialization message in the mac, but it doesnt look like right way to do it, because i dont my format my system partition..

Other question how to switch between Amiga WB and Fusion Mac screen?

Last edited by ruthan; 20 October 2016 at 06:24.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 20 October 2016, 06:51   #22
JimDrew

Keep in mind that you need to install the Mac OS using FUSION. Once you have done that, you CAN NOT use a different ROM unless you re-install. Likewise, you can't use a Shapeshifter or even a real Mac installation with FUSION. Just like you can't use a FUSION installed hard file or hard drive with Shapeshifter or a real Mac. The Mac OS relies on system resources that were installed, and those resources are selected based on the ROM and other hardware found "inside" of the machine. This was the most difficult tech support problem we had with EMPLANT's Mac emulation and FUSION. Yes, a shapeshifter hard file might appear to work, but it doesn't. You get things like Warcraft 2 hanging, along with other little issues. It's a mess. Install using FUSION and do NOT share that installation with shapeshifter or a real Mac - the Mac OS will try to fix itself when resources are wrong or missing.

The ICP is shown when you startup FUSION. You can mount a Mac partition once the Mac side has booted to the Mac desktop. You select the name of the partition and select mount. Once it is mounted, it appears as an AmigaDOS accessible partition and you can use DOpus or anything else to copy files to/from the Amiga/Mac. This is the fastest way to move files.

The Mac screen is an Amiga screen, so you use the normal Amiga-M/N to switch screens.
Old 20 October 2016, 10:00   #23
honx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthan View Post
- get macos install image disk image
- get roms for particular Mac which has to be emulate - Quadra 950 -is most beefy 68k afaik, but i dont know if best for emulation
and that's exactly the point, where i'm stuck. just right before the beginning of this journey.
don't have fusion or shapeshifter or any macOS related software or roms. so nothing to install.
Old 20 October 2016, 11:28   #24
demolition
Unregistered User

When I try to launch the MacOS 7.5.5 installer from within FUSION, I get an error that there is not enough memory with some odd error message "Zero Available / Zero Required". Anyone else had this? I tried setting up FUSION with everything from 8MB to 80MB memory.
Old 20 October 2016, 12:59   #25
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
How to do it exactly? I dont see anywhere in Dopus is mount button / command option
Yes, there is not because you have to create it, in practice you have to assemble a mountlist, i am attaching my MHDF, but you'll have to change the path "HardFile" and edit "HardFile" size parameters;Also make sure you have "filedisk.device" in Device.
Regarding the CD-ISO sharing attach screenshots exhaustive-

Quote:
Other question how to switch between Amiga WB and Fusion Mac screen?
Mentioned by JimDrew

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 15 March 2017 at 00:43.
Old 20 October 2016, 22:36   #26
ruthan

I made progress, with Amiga + N/M key, i can now mount Mac drive into AmigaOS, that is great.

Also discovered that maximum image size for hardisk in Fusion gui is 999 MB. There is classic Amiga catch, that you have to change number in HDD wizard and press enter to apply value, otherwise is used standard 10 MB size value.

But as always new answers generated more questions:
1) How to discover with system / rom was image created?

2) Now i need to know how to use hqx and sit.bin a other files from internet, which i have copied into my drive, when i trying to run then in 7.5.5 or 8.1 i got some install screen, then i select target drive and after Mac freeze. Only *.bin files seems to run, so probably problem is not in data transfer process.

It might be problem with different ROM used for install and run disk image.

3) For to setup AmigaOS or Fusion Mac 8.1 to make internet working? Would be AmiTCP ok? Its networking supported?
Old 20 October 2016, 22:37   #27
ruthan

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
When I try to launch the MacOS 7.5.5 installer from within FUSION, I get an error that there is not enough memory with some odd error message "Zero Available / Zero Required". Anyone else had this? I tried setting up FUSION with everything from 8MB to 80MB memory.
I far as i checked AmigaSystems conf, you probably need to have some motherboard ram and you need magic Fusion line (RstvWrm - or something like that + disabled JIT or boot would crash) at the top your startup sequence.. I had this issue too.

Last edited by ruthan; 20 October 2016 at 22:44.
Old 20 October 2016, 23:14   #28
demolition
Unregistered User

Quote:
I far as i checked AmigaSystems conf, you probably need to have some motherboard ram and you need magic Fusion line (RstvWrm - or something like that + disabled JIT or boot would crash) at the top your startup sequence.. I had this issue too.
I am running on a real Amiga (so no JIT) with a Vampire, and supposedly it should not be necessary to reserve memory with the latest core. On an older core, FUSION would complain if I had not run RsvrWarm, but now it seems to start fine and it also boots into MacOS.
Old 21 October 2016, 14:38   #29
ruthan

Is anywhere some tutorial how to install Mac OS in Fusion from CD?

I just tried to use ISO mounted in WinUAE, because Imgmount probably dont support Mac HFS ISO (i got some mount error),
but Fusion is not able to boot from it, i dont now bootable medium screen.

When i boot into already installed Mac HDD, i cant see, that WinUEA cd image is inserted in Mac, but i got disk inicialize windows,
os its probably not recognized as proper mac iso image..

I Fusion device list i have some CD1 device, i have installed IDEfix97, but there is other Peripherals setings-CDROM in Fusion,
is this setting applied to CD1 device, or it is other device? Here is have problem to select proper driver, because i dont know with
driver is for IDEfix CD-Rom..

Last edited by ruthan; 21 October 2016 at 15:52.
Old 22 October 2016, 00:25   #30
AMIGASYSTEM

WinUAE It does not support image ISO HFS (.toast), you have to use to mount AsimCDFS the best manager of Amiga CD.
However you can also avoid mount the the ISO HFS on AMiGA OS, if you configure the CD as SCSI Directly
on Fusion or ShapeShifter (uaescsi.device) the CD is automatically seen by the MAC, view screenshots.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 31 May 2017 at 12:21.
Old 22 October 2016, 06:52   #31
JimDrew

Quote:

Sounds like you are not using a MacOS 7.5.5 installer designed for the ROM and setup you have for FUSION.

Remember, unless the CD ROM says "Universal Installer" it is designed strictly for one machine or family of Macs. This is of course the same with a real Mac.
Old 22 October 2016, 07:00   #32
JimDrew

Quote:
I am running on a real Amiga (so no JIT) with a Vampire, and supposedly it should not be necessary to reserve memory with the latest core. On an older core, FUSION would complain if I had not run RsvrWarm, but now it seems to start fine and it also boots into MacOS.
No, you *must* use RsrvWarm with ALL setups - real, UAE, or FPGA based. The mechanism of doing FUSION's RsrvWarm was removed from the Vampire core (after I pointed out that it moves the VBR and that interferes with many games) in SILVER7. It also wasn't the correct mechanism so that caused Mac compatibility issues. So, you should be using the latest Vampire core and you will need to make sure that the *very first* line in your startup-sequence is:

RsrvWarm >NIL:

Last edited by JimDrew; 22 October 2016 at 07:24.
Old 22 October 2016, 07:06   #33
JimDrew

Quote:
WinUAE It does not support image ISO HFS (.toast), you have to use to mount AsimCDFS the best manager of Amiga CD.
However you can also avoid mount the the ISO HFS on AMiGA OS, if you configure the CD as SCSI Directly
on Fusion or ShapeShifter (uaescsi.device) the CD is automatically seen by the MAC, view screenshots.
I recently wrote iso.device for FUSION, which lets you select a standard ISO image file in FUSION's CD-ROM setup. This makes it handy using a modern ISO rip.
Old 22 October 2016, 07:18   #34
ruthan

Quote:
Im abit confused, i installed AsimCDFS to mac, when i insert image in WinUAE i can now see Mac disk in AmigaOS, but i dont now how to propagate it into Fusion,
on all picture you have uaescsi device, i dont have such device. I just tried CD0 - for AmiCDFS, but this is not working.

Quote:
However you can also avoid mount the the ISO HFS on AMiGA OS, if you configure the CD as SCSI Directly on Fusion or ShapeShifter (uaescsi.device) the CD is automatically seen by the MAC, view screenshots.
I have system without optical media and OS image in iso format. In this case do you meant to use physical disk, or i could use some tool to mount iso in Windows and forward it to WinUAE and Fusion?

Last edited by ruthan; 22 October 2016 at 08:19.
Old 22 October 2016, 07:34   #35
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
I have system without optical media and OS image in iso format. In this case do you meant to use physical disk, or i could use some tool to mount iso in Windows and forward it to WinUAE and Fusion?
No need optical media or mount iso in Windows ! you just have to set the ISO in WinUAE and Fusion ! see the last two screenshots.
Old 22 October 2016, 08:22   #36
ruthan

But as i wrote above, i still need somehow setup Fusion CD-ROM and i dont have uaescsi device, as you have.
At least not in devs or dosdrivers, its not listed, i have tried to search such file through simplefind, but dont have any.

Update:
Its a mess, so i have to add iso in WinUAE on two places probably - bellow in CD/Drive image settings and second - add new device.

Even then add and i got uaescsi error right after Workbench start - cant open a uaescsi device.device unit 1

Update2:
Working with CD settings making my WinUAE settings often corrupted and after i have got that uaescsi errors, after boot.
At the end i hardcoded that uaescsi.device string into inputbox and its working, i have installed 8.1, but..

Warcraft 2 is still crashing same way and i have still same problem to start installers from internet, it all looks like emulator bugs on 68040 + WB 3.1 with Quadra 950.

Last edited by ruthan; 22 October 2016 at 10:08.
Old 22 October 2016, 10:40   #37
AMIGASYSTEM

As I understand it in the end I was able to see the CD on MAC OS !

About Warcraft 2 I can not help you because I do not this games
Old 22 October 2016, 16:23   #38
JimDrew

Warcraft 2 works fine with FUSION - make SURE you are using a hard file or partition that YOU installed. You can't share hard files or partitions between FUSION and Shapeshifter (ever), and only between FUSIONs if you using the exact same ROM, memory, machine ID, etc.
Old 23 October 2016, 05:27   #39
ruthan

Hmm im stuck i cant install it again, because as i already wrote im unable to work with hqx and sit, bin.sit files, i got freeze, when im trying to use them, even when i use right mouse on them.

I have downloaded them on PC, added into WinUAE mounted directory - as DH1 and copied through ICP to Mac, maybe they are somehow corrupted, but i dont know how check them.

And what about networking in Fusion and WinUAE? I would be able to download files directly to Mac.

I have found other strange bug, it seems that in Fusion is working mouse wheel scroll, when i use it in Simcity 2000 - map is moved, and then whole Mac OS is broken, even is not more possible back to AmigaOS with Amiga+N/M.
Old 23 October 2016, 07:39   #40
JimDrew

Sounds like your Mac system software was not installed using FUSION.
AdSense AdSense