English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 18 October 2016, 22:13   #261
Exit

Quote:
Originally Posted by apex View Post
We got the ok from Ralph many, many years ago. I think our page is now over 10 years old, hopefully we will NOT run into trouble after such a long time supporting the community. Our programmer got that permission, which mean I have no direct contact.
But I know that Ralph & bplan was informed already 2 or 3 month ago.

I have no personally problem with this guy. He has just to deliver without pre-payment using well known dealers like Amigakit & Vesalia and everything will be fine. Till that, the rumors in the Amiga forums will not stop.
Thnx for answering, i dont have any problems with him either..but i hope he delivers, and what you said only through resellers and not like a crowdfunding project. Okay so mr.smidt and Bplan are informed...okay good to know, so if he can continue with this..i guess they have some agreement and he can use their old logo and name.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 19 October 2016, 13:24   #262
dirkies
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalion View Post
Actually i did it today, three time but unfortunately nobody answered the call. So maybe i try again.
On a1k they tried that number too and no-one is picking up. Sounds promising for after sales support...
Old 19 October 2016, 13:34   #263
HelloBeautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkies View Post
On a1k they tried that number too and no-one is picking up. Sounds promising for after sales support...
They would be stupid to staff it before they are selling anything so I see that as a non issue.
Old 19 October 2016, 13:56   #264
dirkies
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloBeautiful View Post
They would be stupid to staff it before they are selling anything so I see that as a non issue.
then why put it in UPPERCASE & as the first number on his "website" and facebook page if it is not working anyway?

And obviously it could serve for "pre-orders"... remember Vampire ?

This shows again the hilarious level of amateurism involved in this... building CPU cards is not a simple matter, I do not see how a guy like this will pull it off...
Old 19 October 2016, 14:03   #265
HelloBeautiful

Quote:
then why put it in UPPERCASE & as the first number on his "website" and facebook page if it is not working anyway?

And obviously it could serve for "pre-orders"... remember Vampire ?

This shows again the hilarious level of amateurism involved in this... building CPU cards is not a simple matter, I do not see how a guy like this will pull it off...
Well obviously there's a lot of over enthusiasm at the other end which reminds me when we were setting up a little web design company when I was 18 It doesn't mean it's not legit it just means the public front has not been thought out well.
Old 19 October 2016, 14:11   #266
dirkies
Zone Friend

I am not saying (yet) this is a 100% a hoax, but compare it with any other Amiga company (manufacturer or reseller) still out there, and you sense the lack of basically everything that makes a company credible/trustworthy.
Even the Vampire team were 100x better in everything in the run up to the V600, despite lacking a legal framework and several mistakes made.
Old 19 October 2016, 16:27   #267
Thalion
Amiga Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estrayk View Post
hello. I´ve direct contact with Salvador Fernandez.

I´ve asked some questions to him for our Spanish Youtube Amiga channel "Amigawave" and he has answered all our questions:

A lot of interesting information (In Spanish, sorry) but maybe the more relevant points are:

- Launch date: Dec.2016 / March 2017.
- Example price: Blizzard 1260 about 399€-599€ with new cplds.
- You´ll can buy directly to phase 5 or via resellers.
There is another thing i don't understand and that is how his business model is supposed to work. As stated above it will be possible to buy the cards through one or more resellers and directly through phase 5. That doesn't make much sense to me but maybe i'm wrong. I just wonder how a reseller is supposed to sell any cards if you can buy them directly at the "producer" which i guess will be faster and maybe cheaper? I don't think any reseller would buy more than a handfull if ever cards when there is no insurance they will be bought and regarding price a reseller only would make it more expensive as they of course want to make their cut too.
Old 19 October 2016, 16:44   #268
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloBeautiful View Post
when I was 18
Yeah we all do silly things when we haven't matured enough.
Old 19 October 2016, 17:26   #269
aszu

Quote:
There is another thing i don't understand and that is how his business model is supposed to work. As stated above it will be possible to buy the cards through one or more resellers and directly through phase 5. That doesn't make much sense to me but maybe i'm wrong. I just wonder how a reseller is supposed to sell any cards if you can buy them directly at the "producer" which i guess will be faster and maybe cheaper? I don't think any reseller would buy more than a handfull if ever cards when there is no insurance they will be bought and regarding price a reseller only would make it more expensive as they of course want to make their cut too.
I think some people might be reluctant giving money to phase5 and would rather prefer to go for a reseller, knowing he has cards in stock. I buy stuff from Amikit in UK and having a choice of 2 shops I will always go for the one near me as I have trust in them and it is so much easier and quicker to sort things out.
Old 19 October 2016, 18:00   #270
dirkies
Zone Friend

Quote:
it will be possible to buy the cards through one or more resellers and directly through phase 5. That doesn't make much sense to me but maybe i'm wrong.
But isn't this the case with iComp too? Products are priced identically at the icomp shop as with resellers. Availability may play a role to choose where to buy though.
Old 20 October 2016, 06:39   #271
JimDrew

Pricing to dealers is less than retail, and the dealer sells (typically) for the same price or less than the manufacturer is selling them for direct. I have reached out to Phase 5 to be a distributor for the U.S.
Old 20 October 2016, 08:29   #272
dirkies
Zone Friend

Did they (he?) even reply? Anything that indicates he will deliver? From the comment of another reseller on FB it seems they were in contact with him but not very convinced it would result in something tangible.
Old 20 October 2016, 15:47   #273
Exit

Quote:
Did they (he?) even reply? Anything that indicates he will deliver? From the comment of another reseller on FB it seems they were in contact with him but not very convinced it would result in something tangible.
yes im curious too if he replied, and dirkies which reseller responded that way on facebook?
Old 20 October 2016, 15:49   #274
dirkies
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit View Post
yes im curious too if he replied, and dirkies which reseller responded that way on facebook?
check facebook reseller comments
Old 20 October 2016, 15:51   #275
Exit

Quote:
check facebook reseller comments
where?
Old 20 October 2016, 16:02   #276
dirkies
Zone Friend

Big grin

PM'ed
btw, I now saw a comment from him on his FB page saying he never heard of the Vampire project when someone mentioned it to him...

Quote:
phase 5 digital products:
"vampire, ultimateppc, tabor ? never heard of them..."

is there today still any online Amiga enthusiast who has not heard of this project????
Old 20 October 2016, 16:54   #277
Akira

Quote:
PM'ed
btw, I now saw a comment from him on his FB page saying he never heard of the Vampire project when someone mentioned it to him...

Yeah, right.
Old 20 October 2016, 18:33   #278
Thalion
Amiga Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Pricing to dealers is less than retail, and the dealer sells (typically) for the same price or less than the manufacturer is selling them for direct. I have reached out to Phase 5 to be a distributor for the U.S.
Ok obviously i'm no salesman. If i may ask that, how many cards would you buy, and do you buy them on comission or do you go full risk that nobody wants the cards?
Old 20 October 2016, 20:17   #279
Akira

Quote:
PM'ed
Just in case he erases such a comment:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lamer.PNG
Views:	585
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	50530  
Old 21 October 2016, 10:14   #280
AMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Do you know which engineer is working for the new "phase5" company? The old team members Carda,Rudloff,Dietrich,Knäbl and Schmidt are not involved. (wrote Salva on Facebook)
AdSense AdSense