English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 30 August 2016, 19:01   #21
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
No; this is my original configs that work perfectly on my widescreen laptop like the first image in my 1st post.

We are running in circles since you don't acept what i said to you about using always the native resolution+scale the image to fullscreen. This is the way to go. Yes, you get a distorted scaled image, but i don't know why atm. It should look perfectly fine.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 30 August 2016, 19:04   #22
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Config without winuaelog.txt also does not help much. What config asks may not be always what you get..
Old 30 August 2016, 19:04   #23
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
Maybe a driver problem, who knows. Your tiny unscaled image in native resolution (post #5) looks fine though.
Yeah, you know I thought it could be either:

a) A driver issue / scaling switched on.

or

b) A monitor issue / scaling switched on.

I'm home now so using my proper Windows 7 64-bit laptop. I've connected it to 2 x TVs that I have in my house via HDMI and all works exactly how it does on my widescreen laptop. I definitely have scaling switched off in both the drivers and the TVs

Anyway, here's the deal. I was testing this today on my work laptop / monitor as I don't have a monitor at home. Basically I gave a friend my WinUAE setup. I guess he only has a PC & monitor. When he ran my configs the image on his monitor looks like the second screenshot in my 1st post.

He's checked his driver settings and confirmed that scaling is switched off. Personally I think it's an issue with his monitor. Scaling needs to be switched off via the buttons / menus. Also worth noting is that he's using a BenQ monitor. I know from experience that these are quite shite (my step-father in Australia has one) so I think that's where the issue lies.

Thanks as always for your help Retro

I'll go back to him and get him to check that scaling is indeed switched off via the buttons / menus on his monitor. Failing that it might be time to test on another monitor or even get a proper monitor
Old 30 August 2016, 19:08   #24
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
We are running in circles since you don't acept what i said to you about using always the native resolution+scale the image to fullscreen. This is the way to go. Yes, you get a distorted scaled image, but i don't know why atm. It should look perfectly fine.
See post #23; all works fine for me on my laptop / TVs without having to change anything in my configs
Old 30 August 2016, 19:11   #25
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Oki doki. We'll see it later then.
Old 30 August 2016, 19:31   #26
Schlachtwerk
68k RULEZ

Disable the atomatic strech on the osd from your monitor
Old 30 August 2016, 21:20   #27
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlachtwerk View Post
Disable the atomatic strech on the osd from your monitor
Yup, agreed

...which is exactly what I've said to him previously and also mentioned above:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Scaling needs to be switched off via the buttons / menus.
He's an EAB member so should see this thread / posts
Old 31 August 2016, 10:11   #28
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
There wont be any scaling by the monitor at all if Native or largest screen resolution is selected.

You can then set 'No scaling' in winuae options and simply set Horiz. Size and Vert. Size to 2x. (Assuming Image is already being doubled in the Display Options menu). This in total 4x at 1200p with no scaling issues. at 1080p you will lose some of the overscan area at top/bottom.
Old 31 August 2016, 10:16   #29
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Matt View Post
There wont be any scaling by the monitor at all if Native or largest screen resolution is selected.

You can then set 'No scaling' in winuae options and simply set Horiz. Size and Vert. Size to 2x. (Assuming Image is already being doubled in the Display Options menu). This in total 4x at 1200p with no scaling issues. at 1080p you will lose some of the overscan area at top/bottom.
Appreciate the input Mad-Matt

"No scaling" is set in all my configs. It's most probably a monitor issue; see my post #23.

When I was testing yesterday I was using my work laptop and monitor...

Using my widescreen laptop (with scaling turned off in the graphics card driver) all my configs are perfect like the first image in the 1st post of the thread.

Also, when connected to 2 x TVs (with scaling turned off / keep aspect ratio set) these configs are also perfect.

No need for me to set "Native" or play with "Horiz. Size" + "Vert. Size" = 2x
Old 01 September 2016, 10:52   #30
ransom1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Config without winuaelog.txt also does not help much. What config asks may not be always what you get..
@Toni

OK, here goes. I have a 1080P Widescreen Monitor that does not allow me to adjust Scaling settings. Therefor When I run Winuae and choose No Scaling in the filter options, the game image is streetched full screen on a 16:9 Display. If i change the setting in winuae to Default it scales the image to proper size.

Whilst leaving it as filter setting to Default games don't have proper images, text is all warped and wobbly, and image is not 100% Correct.

My question to you is If a monitor is unable to change scaling settings, Can winuae force out a proper exact image on a widescreen? If so how?

You can see here the text is all obscured.

WINUAE Display Settings

If I change Default to No Scaling, the image is completely stretched and fills a 16:9 screen completely.

Also Video Card Settings are set to 1920x1080 60hz, with "No scaling"

Last edited by ransom1122; 01 September 2016 at 11:45.
AdSense AdSense