English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 08 September 2016, 15:55   #181
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
Config is A1200 quickstart of course. I will post a save state later.
Yes, of course, but low latency vsync modes mean there is much more that can cause side-effects than just core emulation mode.

EDIT: Perhaps there is more simple reason: something causes more CPU usage.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 08 September 2016 at 17:25.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 08 September 2016, 16:54   #182
PortuguesePilot
The Son of Luso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Log was fine. I guessed right, this will be fixed in next beta.
Thanks for that.

Quote:
(But just wondering why your config has 256K of Z2 RAM configured)
It doesn't.

PS: Can I ask for a feature? I think it's great that WinUAE decides witch joystick is active with a single press of a button. It's great! I've been using lots of different real-Amiga DB9 joysticks with WinUAE because of this feature. It reminds us of the real "plug ang play" that was available on the Amiga. But can you make the first button press - the one that decides which joystick is active - count as an actual button press as well? Because if I want to play a said game and it says "press to fire play", I actually have to press fire twice. Once to activate the joystick and then again to start the game. Is it actually possible to make the button press that activates the joystick automatically count as a fire-press as well? Nitpicking, I know, and not a bug or serious issue, but it would make the games work as intended, without the need for extra fire-button tapping.
Old 08 September 2016, 17:29   #183
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortuguesePilot View Post
It doesn't.
fastmem_size=0
fastmem2_size_k=256

Second Z2 fast ram is set to 256k. ("Hidden" in select menu in 3.4. Only first Z2 and Z3 is normally visible)

btw, workaround (before proper fix) to your crash case is simple: switch off 256k fast ram and set Z3 mapping mode to UAE.

Quote:
PS: Can I ask for a feature? I think it's great that WinUAE decides witch joystick is active with a single press of a button. It's great! I've been using lots of different real-Amiga DB9 joysticks with WinUAE because of this feature. It reminds us of the real "plug ang play" that was available on the Amiga. But can you make the first button press - the one that decides which joystick is active - count as an actual button press as well? Because if I want to play a said game and it says "press to fire play", I actually have to press fire twice. Once to activate the joystick and then again to start the game. Is it actually possible to make the button press that activates the joystick automatically count as a fire-press as well? Nitpicking, I know, and not a bug or serious issue, but it would make the games work as intended, without the need for extra fire-button tapping.
It is by design. To prevent game doing something when you only want to switch joysticks. It is more safe option.
Old 08 September 2016, 17:45   #184
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Yes, of course, but low latency vsync modes mean there is much more that can cause side-effects than just core emulation mode.

EDIT: Perhaps there is more simple reason: something causes more CPU usage.
Here is a state file. Not sure if you can reproduce it, but disabling Low Latency Vsync gives me 50fps again. Strange that it only happens in Aladdin so far.
Attached Files
File Type: uss Aladdin (WinUAE latest beta zip).uss (838.6 KB, 43 views)
Old 10 September 2016, 16:54   #185
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_3400b5.7z
http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae64_3400b5.7z

Beta 5:

- Buddha Z2 IDE controller emulation added. Catweasel Z2 model optionally selectable (Has nearly identical Buddha hardware, CW part is not emulated). No ROMs added, flash rom images are available from manufacturer's web site. IDE doubler is not emulated.
- Reset drive sound state when emulated Amiga is reset.
- Z3 mapping = Automatic didn't choose UAE mode if JIT direct was enabled and Real mapping would not fit in allocated natmem space but UAE mapping would fit.
- Select UAE mode if Z3 mapping is automatic and UAE fits inside 2G barrier but Real does not. (To better match pre-3.4 behavior, selecting Real in this mode can cause non-booting config if config has enough Z3 RAM)
- 3G of Z3 RAM is now possible (3x1G Z3 boards). 64-bit WinUAE only, can't be fully JIT direct compatible.
- Hardware info GUI panel shows also last Z3 address.
- Hardware info shows Z3 board status info: dark background = outside of 2G border (can cause problems because some exec memory functions that use bit 31 for error status, reset proof programs mainly use them, usually causes reboot loop). Yellow background = board does not fit in address space (32-bit overflow, start address is also 0xffffffff in this situation). Red background = memory allocation failed. Lighter text = JIT direct enabled but memory is not JIT direct capable.
- SCSI emulation request sense always returned allocation field number of bytes even if command returned less data.
- If ATAPI CD data transfer size is odd (which is not valid), ignore last byte.
- NE2000 ISA is now available in x86 bridgeboard emulation. 100% untested!
- Portaudio driver converted to pull mode.
- Added Blizzard SCSI Kit III emulation and boot ROM v1.139.
- Blizzard 1230 MK III ROM layout changed to match SCSI Kit III ROM. (Still no proper dump but I am sure this is correct)
- Fixed M-TEC IDE controller emulation rom handling.
- Low latency vsync + no buffer + WASAPI pull mode should be stable again. (RTG mode: todo)
- Sound audio switch off didn't select correct timing method in WASAPI pull mode.
- Small Z2 RAM (256k or smaller that goes in IO Z2 space) shadowed f00000 UAE Boot ROM in some configurations.
- If only one or more Z3 RAM boards are outside of natmem and JIT direct is enabled: don't disable JIT direct completely but only force non-JIT direct capable Z3 memory banks to use indirect mode.
- Show Tecmar T-Card as "Zorro I" (prototype/unreleased version of autoconfig) board in Hardware info GUI.
- Certain accelerators with autoconfig board didn't appear correctly in Hardware info panel.
- Z2/Z3 memory bank that failed to allocate (out of memory) caused a crash.
- Save image extended adf image was created with smaller max PAL size if emulation was not already started and in NTSC mode.
- Some fake-DMA harddrive controllers with internal buffers crashed the emulation if GUI was opened during internal DMA operation and CPU mode was compatible/cycle exact.
- Separated memory bank pre-allocation and after allocation memory size variables.
- Return correct SASI request sense data.

Blizzard SCSI Kit III:
- PIO-only! I thought all Phase 5 SCSI controllers were true DMA...
- FAS408 SCSI chip which is FAS216 + 128 byte PIO FIFO buffer. (was annoying to emulate without datasheet..)
- v1.39 ROM ("$VER: A1233_VERSION 1.139 (9.5.95)") added to ROM scanner.
- Blizzard 1230 "MK I" to go.. (Does anyone have it? With or without SCSI Kit)
Old 10 September 2016, 17:22   #186
mritter0

I can't boot with b5. Never see a screen color flash change, only black.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z Logs.7z (3.72 MB, 40 views)
Old 10 September 2016, 19:03   #187
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mritter0 View Post
There is two bugs, one affect CSPPC/BPPC config without uae boot rom and another CD SCSI. Your config probably works if you remove the CD. Possibly. Fix coming tomorrow.
Old 10 September 2016, 19:11   #188
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

I managed to get the Xebec HD working in B4, but in B5 it just stops at the floppy boot disk loading. (probably scismount)

logs for b4+b5 & config

Last edited by Arnie; 27 September 2016 at 16:19.
Old 10 September 2016, 20:07   #189
mark_k

Quote:
- Show Tecmar T-Card as "Zorro I" (prototype/unreleased version of autoconfig) board in Hardware info GUI.
I'm not sure calling the T-Card Zorro I is really correct.

Zorro I was (also?) used to refer to the original Amiga expansion board form-factor. The Byte by Byte PAL and PAL Jr. expansion chassis used that form factor but the same AutoConfig spec as Zorro II. The Garganturam was a RAM board in the Zorro I form factor compatible with the PAL (Jr.).
Old 10 September 2016, 21:22   #190
AMIGASYSTEM

Hello Toni with the beta 5 What must change the old configurations OS4.1. None of my old configurations are started, after the color screen everything stops and remains black screen, i enclose two of my config and log.

I noticed that beta 5 is more intelligent,on an OS3 configuration swept an incorrect checkmark on "IDE Controller" and did not make me start the system,older versions of WinUAE however they ignored this checkmark and OS3 start smoothly

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 26 September 2016 at 23:21.
Old 10 September 2016, 21:25   #191
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_k View Post
I'm not sure calling the T-Card Zorro I is really correct.
It isn't but I am not going to special case it more, it has to be Z<something>.

Quote:
I noticed that beta 5 is more intelligent,on an OS3 configuration swept an incorrect checkmark on "IDE Controller" and did not make me start the system,older versions of WinUAE however they ignored this checkmark and OS3 start smoothly
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mritter0 View Post
winuae.7z/winuae64.7z should fix it.
Old 10 September 2016, 22:14   #192
mritter0

Yes, latest build fixed it. Thanks.

Is there something I should tweak to make better?
Old 10 September 2016, 22:22   #193
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
What?
I do not know what I translated GogleTranslator

- Old WinUAE HardFile OS3 OK Start no problem
- Same system OS3 WinUAE b5 no Start (hardisk missing)

inadvertent error problem in IDE Controller (check out XTIDE Universal)
Old 10 September 2016, 22:53   #194
AMIGASYSTEM

OK Toni with last winuae.7z of (21:22) OS4.1 Start, thank you
Old 11 September 2016, 10:39   #195
AMIGASYSTEM

Ciao Toni, sorry again, I would like to report the minor faults of 3.4.0 b5 but also present in previous beta 3.4.0, I do not know if the problems are just my (Win7 32Bit), i hope my English is inclusive.

- If you create a new config from scratch for OS4.1 sound cards FM801/ES1370 also activated with relative check They are no longer present on OS4.1.
The new saved config, when viewed with 3.3.0 shows FM801/ES1370 are disabled

- With 3.4.0 b5 but also in 3.4.0 previous Beta with sound cards FM801/ES1370 on OS4.1 the sound is very distorted, with 3.3.0 (same config same system) the sound feels good.

- With 3.4.0 b5 but also in 3.4.0 previous Beta with with the graphics card UAE Zorro III the opening of the Workbench windows turns out to be slower than Picasso IV (Workbench graphical windows disgusting), with 3.3.0 (same config same system) no problem.
Old 11 September 2016, 11:02   #196
AnnaWu

Bridgeboard support

Hello Toni, my hard disk image is no more bootable with the last beta version (winuae_3400b5.7z)
The last working version was winuae_3400b1
If you need more info(s), please let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: uae A2386SX VGA Universal HDD.uae (20.0 KB, 36 views)
Old 11 September 2016, 11:51   #197
AMIGASYSTEM

Ciao AnnaWu, also I do not like the emulation A2386SX (XTIDE Universal Bios) But it was fine up to 3.4.0 beta4
Old 11 September 2016, 12:04   #198
AnnaWu

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
Ciao AnnaWu, also I do not like the emulation A2386SX (XTIDE Universal Bios) But it was fine up to 3.4.0 beta4
It is not a A2386SX specific.
All bridgeboard models (A2088/A2088T/A2286/A2386SX) with XTIDE Universal Bios have this problem.
Old 11 September 2016, 12:12   #199
AMIGASYSTEM

Yes AnnaWu with beta 3 and 4 They are fine all A2088T, A2286 and A2386SX, i only have problems with b5
Old 11 September 2016, 12:13   #200
AnnaWu

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
3.4.0 beta4

No, the first hard disk image (Amiga, DH0: device) boot fine but not the second one (PC, XTIDE Universal Bios HD:0 device).

Last edited by AnnaWu; 11 September 2016 at 12:31.
AdSense AdSense