English Amiga Board Amiga Lore


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 01 June 2016, 20:49   #1
sandruzzo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Italy/Rome
Posts: 1,102
How Dma Debug works?

Hi,

Can someone explain to me how enable visual dma usage? I would like to see how much dma i'm using and how improve it.

Thanks
sandruzzo is online now  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 05 June 2016, 10:55   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 42
Posts: 19,561
In debugger:
v -1 : enable only, no visual mode.
v -2 : enable + visual mode
v -3 : enable + visual mode + doubled horizontal pixels

Note that currently mode can't be changed after it has been enabled.

After it has been enabled (visual or not), v <vpos> <hpos> shows detailed scanline DMA/CPU usage.
Toni Wilen is online now  
Old 05 June 2016, 15:31   #3
sandruzzo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Italy/Rome
Posts: 1,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
In debugger:
v -1 : enable only, no visual mode.
v -2 : enable + visual mode
v -3 : enable + visual mode + doubled horizontal pixels

Note that currently mode can't be changed after it has been enabled.

After it has been enabled (visual or not), v <vpos> <hpos> shows detailed scanline DMA/CPU usage.
Thanks tony. With that, i'll be able to see how mamy dma cycle my screen will take? Do you remember the help you gave me about copper?

How I can read alla that colors on screen? What does they means?
sandruzzo is online now  
Old 05 June 2016, 18:13   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 42
Posts: 19,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandruzzo View Post
Thanks tony. With that, i'll be able to see how mamy dma cycle my screen will take? Do you remember the help you gave me about copper?
Yes but you probably need to use console version (v vpos hpos) to see all details.

btw, remember to enable copper debugger first (od). Then check copper list (o-command), use it to find line you need DMA details, then use v-command to see exact details.

Quote:
How I can read alla that colors on screen? What does they means?
yellow = copper
green = blitter
dark green = blitter line
bright green = blitter fill
blue = bitplane
cpu = gray
audio = red
sprite = white
disk = purple

Vertical line on the left side: CPU interrupt level.
Toni Wilen is online now  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CD32 debug with NComm xArtx Coders. General 30 23 January 2015 06:20
Help me debug my shitty code? h0ffman Coders. General 13 22 March 2011 15:17
Hisoft C++ Debug AlfaRomeo Coders. General 0 13 October 2008 21:17
Mame32 Debug redblade Retrogaming General Discussion 4 10 October 2005 05:43
Debug ? mtb support.WinUAE 8 19 December 2002 12:19

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Page generated in 0.11081 seconds with 11 queries