English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 31 March 2016, 01:44   #1
Graham Humphrey
Global Moderator

Maxwell Mouse - graphic artists required ASAP

As the title suggests... I have noticed some talented pixel artists show up on EAB in recent months and as luck would have it, I really could do with a couple of extra pairs of hands for Maxwell.

I already have a couple of people contributing graphics and fine work they are doing too... but it's a big project and everyone has other commitments too, of course, so I'm not able to progress the game as quickly as I'd like.

I'd like to speed things up a little. Would anyone be interested in helping out? If you're not sure what Maxwell is, my development blog should give you the background, and the demo version is out for download and on [ Show youtube player ], too. In a nutshell: it's a Dizzy style platform game with puzzle and adventuring elements where you talk to characters, give them items etc.

The main sprite is finished, as is almost the entire tile set for level one now - but I am urgently in need of objects, non-player characters and enemies to be drawn. We already have a palette set for level one, which may or may not be restrictive for newcomers, but hopefully it won't be too much of an obstacle for what I need - however the other three levels haven't been started yet.

I am after enthusiastic, willing artists to help me out. Experience not strictly required. Your finished graphics will get used in a finished game - this game WILL be finished as the engine is largely done barring a few tweaks; it's a matter of implementing the design and the storyline I have planned out. I am determined to finish and release this game even if it kills me

Please let me know if you are interested, or if you know someone who might be then point them in the direction of this thread.

Thanks all!
AdSense AdSense  
Old 01 April 2016, 11:34   #2
Graham Humphrey
Global Moderator

Bump. Anyone interested?

Forgot to mention this is all in 32 colours and will run on any 1MB Amiga when finished (it'll probably come on two disks though). I'd also like to release it as a physical product, too...
Old 01 April 2016, 15:07   #3
invent
pixels

Hi Graham,

I read your first post searching for a pixel artist. Firstly, keep doing what your doing, maybe use placeholder graphics for the moment.

I'd offer some help but I do have a few other projects on the go. Happy for you to send a PM/email on anything urgent and I'd be happy to look at what needs to be done.

Do you for example have a complete list of objects, sprites, backgrounds that need to be drawn/animated including styles/dimensions, if so I might then be able to select and do some things over time.

Again don't panic and good luck with your project
Old 01 April 2016, 22:04   #4
Graham Humphrey
Global Moderator

Thank you! I just sent you a PM

I have been using the odd placeholder for the sprites but it's far from ideal really, especially as the code for handling NPC sprites is a bit different now

Almost all of the level one tileset is done now so sprites will be the main focus.

If anyone else is potentially interested then please let me know, I have details I can send over that may help
AdSense AdSense