English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene > Member Introductions

Old 03 February 2016, 16:43   #1
indyanhorse

hi, amiga was my first love

and it will be my last ?

It was my first contact with computer , and it changed my life. i was student in a school of art in france, and it was amazing to see what it was possible to draw compare to fortunate peaople who did 2 colors drawings on macintosh.

My center of interest was 3d, sculpt 3d , sa4d, turbo silver, next, imagine 3d and i bought finally in UK chez Duchet computer, a licence of lightwave 3d 3.5.

And it changed my life ( again), i made then 3d on silicon graphics later, movies, i have been working on tvpaint, also an ancient software on amiga who did 24bit drawings in total blindness "mix ator" 1987. And .. i'm still using imagine 3d for doing models before refining them on lightwave.

I have preorderd ARMIGA, that is why it will be my last love, i kept all my disks and i know i have some rare stuff, i have raytracer original version of 1987 a compositing program also, ( cant remember the name). Hope to read my disks again next month.

Thanks everybody to make live this impressive forum.

AdSense AdSense  
Old 03 February 2016, 22:58   #2
prowler
Global Moderator

Hi indyanhorse, and welcome to EAB!

Good luck with reading those disks, and be sure to let us know how you get on!
Old 04 February 2016, 13:25   #3
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Hi indyanhorse, welcome to EAB!

Since you're such a big Amiga lover, you should own an original Amiga to read those disks ARMIGA is something I'm highly critical of - it's just emulation with a disk reader slapped next to it, on top of that it uses Amiga4ALL, which is still not that accurate even if the guys working on it are making huge progress with it...
Old 04 February 2016, 15:07   #4
indyanhorse

owww ok, thanks for the information. I'll try to locate an original amiga. Somebody is selling an amiga with an internal pc card 80286 AT-once, this could help me to get my files on pc more easily.

AdSense AdSense