English Amiga Board Amiga Lore


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 01 June 2016, 14:07   #241
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 42
Posts: 19,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
WinUAE did not crash, but I got an 80000003 guru followed by an 80000006, and then an 80000003 again. Screen then went black and did not boot.
Points even more to Amiga side problem. Remove all unnecessary expansions etc.. (including harddrives except boot drive). What kind of AOS installation you have? "Standard" or some heavily patched?

Does same happen if you boot without startup-sequence, run setpatch (or whatever you use to load patches), then boot without startup-sequence again? Does it still crash?
Toni Wilen is online now  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 02 June 2016, 02:18   #242
ED-209
Registered User

ED-209's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: OCP
Age: 37
Posts: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Beta 16:

- Replaced obsolete Logitech LCD API usage with current version. No other changes, still plain black and white only.
Hi Toni, since this update the lcd output on my G19s is no longer working. I download the latest Logitech software but it made no difference, is there something else I need to update?
ED-209 is offline  
Old 02 June 2016, 14:33   #243
James
Registered User

 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Beckenham/England
Posts: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Points even more to Amiga side problem. Remove all unnecessary expansions etc.. (including harddrives except boot drive). What kind of AOS installation you have? "Standard" or some heavily patched?
Heavily patched.
I get no crashes if I switch to an AGA screen and disable RTG emulation (crashes with ZorroII and Zorro III). Tried AmiKIT... no crash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Does same happen if you boot without startup-sequence, run setpatch (or whatever you use to load patches), then boot without startup-sequence again? Does it still crash?
Got UAEGFX program failed 80000003 after running setpatch (tried to get back to boot screen but think I missed it .

Last edited by James; 02 June 2016 at 14:43.
James is offline  
Old 02 June 2016, 15:12   #244
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 42
Posts: 19,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by ED-209 View Post
Hi Toni, since this update the lcd output on my G19s is no longer working. I download the latest Logitech software but it made no difference, is there something else I need to update?
Should be fixed now (with slightly different output). New API does not anymore do b&w -> color conversion automatically and I didn't bother to test it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Heavily patched.
I get no crashes if I switch to an AGA screen and disable RTG emulation (crashes with ZorroII and Zorro III). Tried AmiKIT... no crash.

Got UAEGFX program failed 80000003 after running setpatch (tried to get back to boot screen but think I missed it .
b2 has absolute no changes that could affect emulation and only b12 change I can see that could have some effect in situation where program accesses invalid memory. Which can break bad code even worse..

uaegfx is just a "loader", something is already broken if it crashes.

Some (or even more) of your patches are broken or don't like to work together. It is normal, not the first or last time it has happened..
Toni Wilen is online now  
Old 03 June 2016, 19:19   #245
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 42
Posts: 19,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
With betas 12-17 WinUAE crashes on reset with my main config (No crash with a simpler config). Betas 2-11 crash on boot with this config. It boots and resets OK with beta 1.
Thanks for the PM hint. It was emulator bug that overwrote part of boot rom data space if conditions were right (enough UAE expansions etc..).

Did you really mean beta 2? Beta 3 does have one change that could have triggered this.

One more beta to do..
Toni Wilen is online now  
Old 03 June 2016, 19:21   #246
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 40
Posts: 8,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
One more beta to do..
Getting there Toni; good to get these small bugs identified / fixed before the major, 6 month long release

...this new 3.3.0 version will be the best / feature rich version so far. I can't wait!!!

Again, we all really appreciate the continued hard work you put into WinUAE. You're a very knowledgeable / skilled / dedicated man and obviously have a passion for all things Amiga (even if sometimes it gives you headaches)
DamienD is offline  
Old 03 June 2016, 19:46   #247
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 42
Posts: 19,520
http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_3300b18.7z
http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae64_3300b18.7z

Beta 18: (another possible last beta)

- "ROM needs 68020+" dialog repeated forever.
- Fall back to old GDI screenshot method if GetRenderTarget() fails.
- Logitech color LCDs work again, old API did the conversion automatically.
- Fixed UAE boot ROM trap code corruption if "too many" UAE expansions were enabled. (b3)
Toni Wilen is online now  
Old 03 June 2016, 20:11   #248
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 40
Posts: 8,979
Cheers Toni; will continue testing with this latest beta
DamienD is offline  
Old 04 June 2016, 01:37   #249
James
Registered User

 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Beckenham/England
Posts: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Did you really mean beta 2? Beta 3 does have one change that could have triggered this.
I thought it was beta 2, but I could have been mistaken, or maybe there was some other problem with beta 2 that has already been fixed? Could test it again if you think it is important...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
- Fixed UAE boot ROM trap code corruption if "too many" UAE expansions were enabled. (b3)
Working great now, thanks!
James is offline  
Old 04 June 2016, 10:42   #250
rbm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: CAT
Posts: 46
Shapeshifter does not work, crashes to a blank screen with no error message. I have just tested all the versions back and the last one that worked is the beta 10

Attached the config file, beta10 and beta18 logs.
Attached Files
File Type: rar logs.rar (32.9 KB, 76 views)
rbm is offline  
Old 04 June 2016, 10:54   #251
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 42
Posts: 19,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbm View Post
Shapeshifter does not work, crashes to a blank screen with no error message. I have just tested all the versions back and the last one that worked is the beta 10

Attached the config file, beta10 and beta18 logs.
You have really complex config.. Remove everything unncessary first (I don't think you need cyberstorm or A2386SX or even PCI bridgeboards to duplicate this)

- Does it happen without JIT?
- Does it happen with 68020 or 68040? (Only b11 change is bug fix that allowed dummy 68030 MMU instruction in 68060 mode)
- Do you have proper 68060.library installed? (c:cpu says "68060 68882")
Toni Wilen is online now  
Old 04 June 2016, 11:14   #252
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 42
Posts: 19,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbm View Post
Shapeshifter does not work, crashes to a blank screen with no error message. I have just tested all the versions back and the last one that worked is the beta 10
Does http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.7z work? (68060 special case for unimplemented instructions was fixed too well..)

Ignore previous post if this fixes it.
Toni Wilen is online now  
Old 04 June 2016, 20:16   #253
rbm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: CAT
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Does http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.7z work? (68060 special case for unimplemented instructions was fixed too well..)

Ignore previous post if this fixes it.
Now it works again. Thank you very much !
rbm is offline  
Old 06 June 2016, 13:05   #254
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 42
Posts: 19,520
Thanks. I think it is time for final 3.3.0 later today.
Toni Wilen is online now  
Old 06 June 2016, 13:43   #255
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 40
Posts: 8,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Thanks. I think it is time for final 3.3.0 later today.
Awesome
DamienD is offline  
Old 06 June 2016, 14:23   #256
ED-209
Registered User

ED-209's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: OCP
Age: 37
Posts: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Should be fixed now (with slightly different output). New API does not anymore do b&w -> color conversion automatically and I didn't bother to test it..
Thanks is working now! Though the new API seems to stretch the lcd display vertically x2 for some reason.
Is it possible to implement green/red color to drive r/w & power led, similar to that of the native on-screen display?
ED-209 is offline  
Old 06 June 2016, 15:36   #257
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 42
Posts: 19,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by ED-209 View Post
Thanks is working now! Though the new API seems to stretch the lcd display vertically x2 for some reason.
I did that

It is 2x horizontal, 3x vertical.

Quote:
Is it possible to implement green/red color to drive r/w & power led, similar to that of the native on-screen display?
Yeah, someday. Including Logitch Arx support.
Toni Wilen is online now  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WinUAE 2.7.0 beta series Toni Wilen support.WinUAE 326 03 December 2013 23:37
WinUAE 2.6.0 beta series Toni Wilen support.WinUAE 271 14 May 2013 16:51
WinUAE 2.4.1 beta series Toni Wilen support.WinUAE 223 09 May 2012 16:16
WinUAE 2.3.1 beta series Toni Wilen support.WinUAE 90 23 February 2011 21:17
WinUAE 2.0.0 beta series Toni Wilen support.WinUAE 445 13 December 2009 14:46

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Page generated in 0.21365 seconds with 12 queries