English Amiga Board Amiga Lore


Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 04 April 2016, 01:23   #261
onkelarie
Registered User

onkelarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Spijkenisse / the Netherlands
Age: 47
Posts: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
@juan; I know I've said this before but will do so again... I have no need for a boxed copy of the CD-ROM or Disk (as I use WinUAE only these days) but would love to be able to "donate" for this worthy game.

Can you guys not setup a PayPal account or something where people who feel the same as me could send some money across in appreciation of all your hard work?
Ditto...!
onkelarie is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 04 April 2016, 01:34   #262
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Retrofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Lanzarote/Spain
Posts: 5,575
Send a message via Skype™ to Retrofan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
@juan; I know I've said this before but will do so again... I have no need for a boxed copy of the CD-ROM or Disk (as I use WinUAE only these days) but would love to be able to "donate" for this worthy game.

Can you guys not setup a PayPal account or something where people who feel the same as me could send some money across in appreciation of all your hard work?
That's a nice idea. But well, I also will tell what I will do with the one I've ordered: I will open it, I will read the manual or at least take a look at it, I will use the floppy just once to save it to the HD and then I will place the nice box where I can see it... That's in the happy case that my floppy drive reads the floppy, because if not I just will download it and I won't complain at all about the floppy disk.
Retrofan is offline  
Old 04 April 2016, 01:36   #263
onkelarie
Registered User

onkelarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Spijkenisse / the Netherlands
Age: 47
Posts: 424
On second thought, I just went for it and made the payment for the boxed version just now. As Retrofan mentioned, it's nice to look at the box on the shelve now and again as well
onkelarie is offline  
Old 04 April 2016, 01:38   #264
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Retrofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Lanzarote/Spain
Posts: 5,575
Send a message via Skype™ to Retrofan
Quote:
Originally Posted by onkelarie View Post
On second thought, I just went for it and made the payment for the boxed version just now. As Retrofan mentioned, it's nice to look at the box on the shelve now and again as well


Have you seen the movie "Pay it forward?". Today I've sent an email to four friends recommending this game. If you all make the same -it seems three is enough- then you don't need to use Paypal to thank them.

Last edited by Retrofan; 04 April 2016 at 01:49.
Retrofan is offline  
Old 04 April 2016, 06:57   #265
juen
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Kraków / Poland
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Can you guys not setup a PayPal account or something where people who feel the same as me could send some money across in appreciation of all your hard work?
ehhh if you really really wanna spend some money to support us, you can send a donation to juen@o2.pl paypal account

--

Retrofan - it's cool idea thx!

ps: not juan - juen [you-en]

Last edited by juen; 04 April 2016 at 12:10.
juen is offline  
Old 04 April 2016, 12:35   #266
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 40
Posts: 8,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
That's a nice idea. But well, I also will tell what I will do with the one I've ordered: I will open it, I will read the manual or at least take a look at it, I will use the floppy just once to save it to the HD and then I will place the nice box where I can see it... That's in the happy case that my floppy drive reads the floppy, because if not I just will download it and I won't complain at all about the floppy disk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by onkelarie View Post
On second thought, I just went for it and made the payment for the boxed version just now. As Retrofan mentioned, it's nice to look at the box on the shelve now and again as well
I'm sure the box / everything is very nice but unfortunately as I've also mentioned previously there's no room in my house to be storing extra stuff...

I have over 4000 vinyls and other stuff; the girlie wouldn't be too happy if I start adding "game" boxes also
DamienD is offline  
Old 04 April 2016, 12:42   #267
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 40
Posts: 8,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by juen View Post
ehhh if you really really wanna spend some money to support us, you can send a donation to juen@o2.pl paypal account
Great thank you Juen; donation sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by juen View Post
ps: not juan - juen [you-en]
Apologies; quick post and all that
DamienD is offline  
Old 04 April 2016, 13:24   #268
juen
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Kraków / Poland
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
I'm sure the box / everything is very nice but unfortunately as I've also mentioned previously there's no room in my house to be storing extra stuff...

I have over 4000 vinyls and other stuff; the girlie wouldn't be too happy if I start adding "game" boxes also
wow nice collection!!
my retro collection need also huge amount of space - http://szajb.us

Tanks You Furry much!!!
juen is offline  
Old 05 April 2016, 14:59   #269
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant
Predseda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The City of Townsville
Age: 39
Posts: 4,388
My forgotten floppy arrived, Tank you juen!
Predseda is offline  
Old 05 April 2016, 20:23   #270
Amon_RA
Registered User
Amon_RA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Belgium
Posts: 99
My order status changed to sent on 22/03... and it still hasn't arrived. Getting a bit worried now that it got lost in the Post... :-(
Amon_RA is offline  
Old 06 April 2016, 09:26   #271
juen
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Kraków / Poland
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amon_RA View Post
My order status changed to sent on 22/03... and it still hasn't arrived. Getting a bit worried now that it got lost in the Post... :-(
can u contact with distributor for something like tracking number or any other info? - http://amiga.net.pl/index.php?kwt=5031&lng=eng
juen is offline  
Old 06 April 2016, 10:16   #272
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 40
Posts: 8,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by juen View Post
wow nice collection!!
my retro collection need also huge amount of space - http://szajb.us

Tanks You Furry much!!!
That's one hell of a collection Juen

Unfortunately a long time ago I had got rid of all my stuff like:

... Atari 2600
... Commodore 64
... Amiga 500 (512KB expanded)
... Sega Mega Drive
... Super Nintendo
... Nintendo 64
... Playstation
... Xbox
... Playstation 2
... ect.

Thank god for emulation
DamienD is offline  
Old 06 April 2016, 15:01   #273
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant
Predseda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The City of Townsville
Age: 39
Posts: 4,388
We used to have an Amiga party every summer. Each year we have a theme - there was a Lotus party, Body Blows party, Worms party, Hired guns party and many more. This year, in August, there is a Tanks Furry party!
Predseda is offline  
Old 07 April 2016, 12:32   #274
juen
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Kraków / Poland
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
We used to have an Amiga party every summer. Each year we have a theme - there was a Lotus party, Body Blows party, Worms party, Hired guns party and many more. This year, in August, there is a Tanks Furry party!
cool, DM is fun show some photos after
juen is offline  
Old 07 April 2016, 13:31   #275
crazyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gravesend - UK
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amon_RA View Post
My order status changed to sent on 22/03... and it still hasn't arrived. Getting a bit worried now that it got lost in the Post... :-(
My order status changed to Sent on 16 March and still no sign either.

I have just emailed via Juen's link.
crazyc is offline  
Old 07 April 2016, 21:07   #276
crazyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gravesend - UK
Posts: 408
Whilst waiting for delivery, I have downloaded the online one and put it on an adf - anyone fancy uploading or linking to the manual? (or is it on the adf - I didnt look -d'oh!)
Cheers
C
crazyc is offline  
Old 07 April 2016, 21:33   #277
Amon_RA
Registered User
Amon_RA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Belgium
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyc View Post
My order status changed to Sent on 16 March and still no sign either.

I have just emailed via Juen's link.
Shipments were done a bit later than the communicated status update date. If you ask they will provide you with a tracking number. I'll pick it up at the post office tomorrow :-)
Amon_RA is offline  
Old 07 April 2016, 22:33   #278
Paul_s
needs more ice cream

Paul_s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Amigaville
Age: 39
Posts: 3,160
Has anyone got the link to hand for downloading the full game? Thanks.
Paul_s is offline  
Old 07 April 2016, 22:49   #279
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant
Predseda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The City of Townsville
Age: 39
Posts: 4,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_s View Post
Has anyone got the link to hand for downloading the full game? Thanks.
http://aminet.net/package/game/shoot/tanksfurry1-1
Predseda is offline  
Old 07 April 2016, 23:20   #280
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 40
Posts: 8,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyc View Post
Whilst waiting for delivery, I have downloaded the online one and put it on an adf - anyone fancy uploading or linking to the manual? (or is it on the adf - I didnt look -d'oh!)
Cheers
C
No manual on the .ADF...

The game executable takes up quite a bit of space; they definitely crammed a lot into one disk and there was only "3K" free at the end:

DamienD is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Atari ST conversion coming to Amiga Galahad/FLT Amiga scene 158 30 April 2017 18:05
Tanks Kenan Looking for a game name ? 5 06 May 2013 08:09
Furry A501 Eclipse Hardware pics 9 25 June 2011 01:13
furry of the furries sirhurtalot support.Games 4 30 July 2002 22:55
Furry videogames Tim Janssen Amiga websites reviews 4 03 July 2002 19:16

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Page generated in 0.26324 seconds with 12 queries