English Amiga Board Amiga Lore


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 01 March 2016, 19:49   #61
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ireland
Age: 39
Posts: 647
Indeed it's impressive for only 16 colours.
Adrian Browne is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 05 March 2016, 14:01   #62
appnjoy
Amiga lover
appnjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Italy
Posts: 19
Woow, really impressed!!!
With all the respect for coders and their hard work, i must admit that when a good graphician get involved, the project assumes a commercial professional look.

Keep on going on, well done!!!
appnjoy is offline  
Old 06 March 2016, 20:40   #63
Greyfox
Pixel Blender!

Greyfox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 44
Posts: 261
Send a message via MSN to Greyfox
You do know Wayne, Magnus and you have now just raised the bar with this game, looks absolutely amazing and massive kudos to you both giving your time to create wonderful new Amiga games.

Will you be releasing a play testing beta soon? The videos are just pointing at me laughing, I really want to give this a go.

Keep up the awesome work to you both.
Greyfox is offline  
Old 06 March 2016, 21:46   #64
LordNipple
Registered User

LordNipple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Preston England
Posts: 299
Massive thankyou to the positive feedback, I am quite overwhelmed actually. Feedback has been almost universally positive! As the graphician on this (a term I adore and hope to bring back) I can assure you I am producing my best work I possibly can on not only this game but a couple of others I am contributing to also.
Graphically I am extremely pleased with how it is looking, but that pales in comparison to watching it play. The speed of things is incredible. The scrolling is amazing and Magnus keeps producing these incredible little touches or effects that blow me away.
It's going to be a really great action game.

We are still a very long way away from a demo, months at least. When we're getting close to the physical release we'll release the teaser demo ready for orders to be taken for the CD version and Limited Edition Big Boxed floppy disk/CD version (this is the plan).
I don't think we will need any more playtesters as we already have a very small team of those ready to do that side of things.

Considering we have only been working on this since December of last year things have progressed incredibly quickly. The game has evolved to be much larger than we originally planned too but those aspects are coming together really nicely now.

I suspect we'll be putting together a nice new video in the coming weeks showing you all how things are progressing. Magnus sent over some test footage today and I can't stop watching it. The basics are very nearly done. After that comes the task of creating new background tiles and then the levels etc. It's all coming together very nicely and it's something I have wanted to do for 20 years: to help create a game for Amiga that will be remembered and I believe we're doing that right now.

And yes, there has been talk of another game after we complete this one.

Last edited by LordNipple; 06 March 2016 at 22:00.
LordNipple is offline  
Old 07 March 2016, 00:12   #65
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ireland
Age: 39
Posts: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNipple View Post
Massive thankyou to the positive feedback, I am quite overwhelmed actually. Feedback has been almost universally positive! As the graphician on this (a term I adore and hope to bring back) I can assure you I am producing my best work I possibly can on not only this game but a couple of others I am contributing to also.
Graphically I am extremely pleased with how it is looking, but that pales in comparison to watching it play. The speed of things is incredible. The scrolling is amazing and Magnus keeps producing these incredible little touches or effects that blow me away.
It's going to be a really great action game.

We are still a very long way away from a demo, months at least. When we're getting close to the physical release we'll release the teaser demo ready for orders to be taken for the CD version and Limited Edition Big Boxed floppy disk/CD version (this is the plan).
I don't think we will need any more playtesters as we already have a very small team of those ready to do that side of things.

Considering we have only been working on this since December of last year things have progressed incredibly quickly. The game has evolved to be much larger than we originally planned too but those aspects are coming together really nicely now.

I suspect we'll be putting together a nice new video in the coming weeks showing you all how things are progressing. Magnus sent over some test footage today and I can't stop watching it. The basics are very nearly done. After that comes the task of creating new background tiles and then the levels etc. It's all coming together very nicely and it's something I have wanted to do for 20 years: to help create a game for Amiga that will be remembered and I believe we're doing that right now.

And yes, there has been talk of another game after we complete this one.
Great. I hope to get the big box version- and yes please to another game after this one.
Adrian Browne is offline  
Old 30 March 2016, 20:23   #66
LordNipple
Registered User

LordNipple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Preston England
Posts: 299
I thought I would just post a very quick update (sadly no screenies just yet)...work continues on this project and we continue to make excellent progress!

I really wish I could tell you about the awesome new bits and pieces but we're waiting to create a new video for public consumption, hopefully this will be in a few weeks!

This is just a check-in to say hello! Stay tuned and thankyou for your continued interest and support.

...more news to follow...(soon-ish)
LordNipple is offline  
Old 30 March 2016, 21:41   #67
Amigajay
醉拳
Amigajay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: N/A
Posts: 1,258
Good stuff! We await with baited breath that video!
Amigajay is offline  
Old 30 March 2016, 22:19   #68
Gzegzolka
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Warszawa / Polska
Posts: 838
good to see You still work on it
Gzegzolka is offline  
Old 31 March 2016, 14:04   #69
invent
pixels

invent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Australia
Age: 45
Posts: 154
Awesome LordNipple, keep going, thanks for the update
invent is offline  
Old 01 April 2016, 16:16   #70
Xenon
Registered User
Xenon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Zaragoza, Pamplona-Iruņa, Bera
Age: 35
Posts: 420
Really awesome :-)
Xenon is offline  
Old 04 April 2016, 11:57   #71
LordNipple
Registered User

LordNipple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Preston England
Posts: 299
Here you go!
A new video, sooner than expected! Remember there is still a TON of work to do, SFX will wait for a while yet, we have placeholder SFX for the moment.

I hope you enjoy what you see and don't forget to check the F.A.Q here:
http://wayneashworthart.com/scourge%...underkind.html


[ Show youtube player ]
LordNipple is offline  
Old 04 April 2016, 12:19   #72
nobody
Registered User

nobody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: GR
Age: 40
Posts: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNipple View Post
Yes, after all these years it's still the program of choice for a project such as this. I could use Photoshop or Grafx2 to produce the art for this but I have so much fun using Dpaint
Ever used cosmigo pro motion? It blows out of the water dpaint, grafx2 and everything else. Quite similar to Deluxe paint too. It's not free though.
nobody is offline  
Old 04 April 2016, 12:30   #73
LordNipple
Registered User

LordNipple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Preston England
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
Ever used cosmigo pro motion? It blows out of the water dpaint, grafx2 and everything else. Quite similar to Deluxe paint too. It's not free though.
Hi!

I answer this question in the FAQ
LordNipple is offline  
Old 04 April 2016, 12:38   #74
Amigajay
醉拳
Amigajay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: N/A
Posts: 1,258
Hi, i'm at work atm so ill watch the vid later, but in the FAQ it says you won't be making a CD32 version, which of course for me is disapointing, but i want to support the project, you also mention the CD version will contain the ADF, if possible could you include a HD installable version, that way people with CD32's can use those files and make their own bootable CD32 disc?
Amigajay is offline  
Old 04 April 2016, 12:56   #75
LordNipple
Registered User

LordNipple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Preston England
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
Hi, i'm at work atm so ill watch the vid later, but in the FAQ it says you won't be making a CD32 version, which of course for me is disapointing, but i want to support the project, you also mention the CD version will contain the ADF, if possible could you include a HD installable version, that way people with CD32's can use those files and make their own bootable CD32 disc?
We will look at this possibility, we want as many Amiga users as possible to enjoy our game.
LordNipple is offline  
Old 04 April 2016, 14:04   #76
S0ulA55a551n
Registered User
S0ulA55a551n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rhondda, Wales
Age: 40
Posts: 439
Like the look of this a lot. Will defo be buying
S0ulA55a551n is offline  
Old 04 April 2016, 15:54   #77
Gzegzolka
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Warszawa / Polska
Posts: 838
I see lot of progress and I like that idea with bombs destroying walls.
Gzegzolka is offline  
Old 04 April 2016, 17:58   #78
Amigajay
醉拳
Amigajay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: N/A
Posts: 1,258
Just watched the new vid...wow such progress since the last vid, you have a commercial quality game here fellas, the animation and small touches really add to the game, very impressive, keep it up!
Amigajay is offline  
Old 05 April 2016, 01:16   #79
Cherno
Registered User
Cherno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Dortmund, Germany
Posts: 528
I like how the game looks, if it would still be the early 90s it could be a release by a well-known developer/publisher, and it would look better than most of the other games of the time.

Keep up the good work
Cherno is offline  
Old 06 April 2016, 19:41   #80
LordNipple
Registered User

LordNipple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Preston England
Posts: 299
Huge thankyou for the support!!

Remember, please consult the FAQ on my website for more details!


http://wayneashworthart.com/scourge%...underkind.html
LordNipple is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tales of Gorluth II - Development thread viddi project.Amiga Game Factory 51 07 September 2016 02:33
Tales of Gorluth - Development Thread viddi project.Amiga Game Factory 156 17 September 2013 19:52
Amiga development freehand Retrogaming General Discussion 4 18 April 2010 17:53
E-UAE Development pjhutch support.OtherUAE 1 06 October 2008 02:26
game development? poppe Amiga scene 0 02 April 2002 17:17

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Page generated in 0.41528 seconds with 11 queries