English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 02 January 2016, 14:44   #61
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Montreal/Canadia
Age: 46
Posts: 1,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenLeftFingers View Post
I'm curious - those who are critical of this campaign or think they can produce a better product: If this gets funded at 4,000, would it encourage you to produce your own vision knowing you could get crowdfunded above 4,000+ ? Sincere question about what kind of result here would motivate you (and not trying to rehash what's already been said).
Frankly, 4000€ is quite a low amount for the development of a full fledged game.
Especially for a team, where the money needs to be split across members.

Even if the development takes only, say, one month, which I think is improbable given the Amiten team are not professional-level Amiga developers (not meaning anything bad here, just looking at their experience), this will clearly not fund their actual living expenses. Also, judging from early videos, they still have a lot to learn in term of tweaking and tuning gameplay so they will need way more time if they want to ship an actually enjoyable game.

So, we are looking at funding a 4-5 team for several months with only 4000€, which can probably only cover their food expenses (at best).

This said, given the reputation of the team (not a single previous project brought to completion) and the presentation of the project maybe this is actually encouraging. A smaller, accomplished, team (maybe of one), with a clear focus and aim might draw even further funding.

Wait and see.
I wish Amiten and his team to learn a lot of things during this project. I do not think it will be successful (for the reasons others have mentioned) but it is a learning experience and in any case it should prove fruitful to those who took the risk to step forward and do something, even if (in my opinion) they should have honed their skills quite a bit more before jumping the ledge.

Last edited by ReadOnlyCat; 02 January 2016 at 14:49.
ReadOnlyCat is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 02 January 2016, 15:27   #62
Amiten
Registered User
Amiten's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Spain
Posts: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadOnlyCat View Post
Frankly, 4000€ is quite a low amount for the development of a full fledged game.
Especially for a team, where the money needs to be split across members.

Even if the development takes only, say, one month, which I think is improbable given the Amiten team are not professional-level Amiga developers (not meaning anything bad here, just looking at their experience), this will clearly not fund their actual living expenses. Also, judging from early videos, they still have a lot to learn in term of tweaking and tuning gameplay so they will need way more time if they want to ship an actually enjoyable game.

So, we are looking at funding a 4-5 team for several months with only 4000€, which can probably only cover their food expenses (at best).

This said, given the reputation of the team (not a single previous project brought to completion) and the presentation of the project maybe this is actually encouraging. A smaller, accomplished, team (maybe of one), with a clear focus and aim might draw even further funding.

Wait and see.
I wish Amiten and his team to learn a lot of things during this project. I do not think it will be successful (for the reasons others have mentioned) but it is a learning experience and in any case it should prove fruitful to those who took the risk to step forward and do something, even if (in my opinion) they should have honed their skills quite a bit more before jumping the ledge.

Thanks for your comments - have you try the DEMO? thanks
Amiten is offline  
Old 02 January 2016, 16:21   #63
TenLeftFingers
Registered User

TenLeftFingers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ireland
Age: 38
Posts: 783
I tried the demo last night Amiten. Its better than the video on Kicjstarter. Thr animations are smooth and the artwork is really nice - I enjoyed it.

It obvioisly needs work in the control and feel of the main character. Also, monsters coming from the ground are impossible to avoid - I think the earth should move a little first to give the player a chance. Im not as young now and reflexes aren't what they used to be

Well done on what youve acheived so far. I hope it will be refined and completed!

Sent from Ubuntu Touch using the Forum Browser app
TenLeftFingers is offline  
Old 02 January 2016, 16:37   #64
Amiten
Registered User
Amiten's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Spain
Posts: 436
@Tenleftfingers

Thanks for try it !! Of course we improve all things in the final release there are 8 months to work on it...

Thanks for comment and leave your impresions is important to know the impresions of the people.

A earth moving first to the Zombi coming its a nice idea .

All the best
Amiten is offline  
Old 02 January 2016, 20:34   #65
Joe Maroni
Moderator

Joe Maroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Germany
Age: 38
Posts: 1,278
Send a message via MSN to Joe Maroni
Am I the only one that think this game is really ugly..???

Don't be angry with me but i think I would spend less than 1 EUR for such a game...

Maybe you all who are involved in this game try your best and i really wish you luck with your kickstarter campaign but i think for 10 EURO I could buy a really better game than this...

Perhaps you call it pixelart, but in my opinion this are just rendered pictures, calculated down to 32 colors with an alghorithm like Median Cut...

Did your "pixel" artist ever saw what can be done with 32 colors?

Have a look at my attachment from pixeljoint...it wasn't done by me....

Just my opinion...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fjerism1.png
Views:	302
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	46797  
Joe Maroni is offline  
Old 02 January 2016, 20:41   #66
s2325
Zone Friend

s2325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Gargore
Age: 37
Posts: 17,816
Maybe it's piece of art which I don't understand.
s2325 is offline  
Old 02 January 2016, 20:45   #67
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant
Predseda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The City of Townsville
Age: 39
Posts: 4,517
Played the demo, it is totally unfair. After about 20 attempts I managed to leave the first screen.
Predseda is offline  
Old 02 January 2016, 21:01   #68
Amiten
Registered User
Amiten's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Spain
Posts: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
Played the demo, it is totally unfair. After about 20 attempts I managed to leave the first screen.

Practice amigo if not get to touch the MAMON BIRD try to double click in file "2" in the root directory play to the Bonus level...

thanks for a constructive comment.....
Amiten is offline  
Old 03 January 2016, 00:59   #69
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

turrican3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: belgium
Age: 41
Posts: 3,157
Do you think that a scrolling is possible ?
The ghoul on the right appear too often and don't let enough time to escape the screen.
I think that you should have wait a little more before doing the kickstarter, it doesn't mean that the game won't be good at the end, but the game isn't far enough in the development to feel if it will be good enough.
Now, still believe in you, and if the kickstarter fail... Improve the game and come back in 2 months with something more polished. I whish you the best, really. Keep it up.
turrican3 is offline  
Old 03 January 2016, 01:18   #70
Akira
Registered User

Akira's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 18,304
Pretty crazy that 54 people think any of this is worth a penny.
Akira is offline  
Old 03 January 2016, 01:30   #71
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

hipoonios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Sweden
Age: 39
Posts: 1,106
Took a quick look at the WIP. Looking good so far. Well, the title screen does not look so good because it seems to be image reduced to (32?) colors.

There are some bugs. No need to mention them I guess because I'm sure you're already aware of them...

Sometimes your weapon go through the enemies so they can't be killed. That happens quite often.

Also it seems to be a delay when jumping. I press jump after a half a second he jumps. Maybe this is just my setup? Anyway, this is very early stage of the game and I'm sure these bugs will be sorted in the final version.
hipoonios is offline  
Old 03 January 2016, 02:16   #72
Amiten
Registered User
Amiten's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Spain
Posts: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipoonios View Post
Took a quick look at the WIP. Looking good so far. Well, the title screen does not look so good because it seems to be image reduced to (32?) colors.

There are some bugs. No need to mention them I guess because I'm sure you're already aware of them...

Sometimes your weapon go through the enemies so they can't be killed. That happens quite often.

Also it seems to be a delay when jumping. I press jump after a half a second he jumps. Maybe this is just my setup? Anyway, this is very early stage of the game and I'm sure these bugs will be sorted in the final version.
thanks you
Amiten is offline  
Old 03 January 2016, 02:29   #73
fryguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hjo, Sweden
Age: 38
Posts: 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Maroni View Post
Am I the only one that think this game is really ugly..???

Don't be angry with me but i think I would spend less than 1 EUR for such a game...

Maybe you all who are involved in this game try your best and i really wish you luck with your kickstarter campaign but i think for 10 EURO I could buy a really better game than this...

Perhaps you call it pixelart, but in my opinion this are just rendered pictures, calculated down to 32 colors with an alghorithm like Median Cut...

Did your "pixel" artist ever saw what can be done with 32 colors?

Have a look at my attachment from pixeljoint...it wasn't done by me....

Just my opinion...
I agree, and i can't stand Amos stuff. The gfx would probably look a lot better if they were made for 32 colors from the beginning.
fryguy is offline  
Old 03 January 2016, 04:44   #74
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ireland
Age: 40
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Pretty crazy that 54 people think any of this is worth a penny.
Still you are kind of beating up on the guy with comments like this. It's a bit mean spirited imo. Of course he should not have said what he said but poke a cat...

@Ammitten I too have noticed that you have many projects but none have actually been completed. Your enthusiasm for the Amiga scene is however commendable.

If the campaign for Rowan is unsuccessful then keep working on it and build a polished and fun demo. A good game speaks for itself.
Adrian Browne is offline  
Old 03 January 2016, 05:08   #75
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Retrofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Lanzarote/Spain
Posts: 5,671
Send a message via Skype™ to Retrofan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
P....
This is offensive and should be edited by moderators , you should be more polite if you can while asking developers in their threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Browne View Post
Still you are kind of beating up on the guy with comments like this.

@Ammiten I too have noticed that you have many projects but none have actually been completed. Your enthusiasm for the Amiga scene is however commendable.

If the campaign for Rowan is unsuccessful then keep working on it and build a polished and fun demo. A good game speaks for itself.
I agree with that, positive criticism.

Last edited by Retrofan; 03 January 2016 at 05:18.
Retrofan is online now  
Old 03 January 2016, 13:45   #76
Amiten
Registered User
Amiten's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Spain
Posts: 436
Hello, first of all I want to thank the words of Adrian and RetroFan, I also want to say that I have a completely finished game, winner 1st in a Spanish programing Star Wars Video Games contest call it Retroaccion.

check this links to access to this GAME:

http://www.retroaccion.org/concurso-...egos-star-wars

(adf download in the video description) sorry only spanish
[ Show youtube player ]

Again say many thanks to all support us and enjoy this our one of best hobby AMIGA b

Thanks for the feedbacks and stay tune! Rowans gonna be my 2nd Game in the scene in october 2016 or before all depend on our avaliable team time and your Help!.

Happy new Year to All here and all the best
Amiten
Amiten is offline  
Old 03 January 2016, 16:49   #77
Gzegzolka
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Warszawa / Polska
Posts: 1,029
Just play the demo, there will be lot of work to do if it is going to be good game. Graphics, color palette need to be re-done.
Gzegzolka is offline  
Old 03 January 2016, 17:13   #78
Apollo
Registered User

Apollo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 43
Posts: 112
Quote:
Thanks for the feedbacks and stay tune! Rowans gonna be my 2nd Game in the scene in october 2016 or before
Let's see what happens.
Apollo is offline  
Old 03 January 2016, 17:27   #79
Knoeki
Princess Knoeki

Knoeki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Amsterdam
Age: 27
Posts: 38
Send a message via Skype™ to Knoeki
I'm all for new games and other software for the Amiga, but the graphics of this one are exactly everything I hate about mid to late 90s games. Sorry (:
Knoeki is offline  
Old 03 January 2016, 21:32   #80
Amiten
Registered User
Amiten's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Spain
Posts: 436
PLEASE EAB MODīS MAKE ME A FAVOR CLOSE THIS THREAD AND MY ACCOUNT IF YOU WANT TOO (IīM not use any more) . I DONīT WANT TO LOOSE MORE TIME READING MASTER CLASSES OF BIG PROFESSIONALS DEVELOPERS OF AMIGA GAMES ANY MORE HERE - HAVE FUN EAB COMMUNITY WAS A PLEASURE FOR ME. AMIGA4EVER
Amiten is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Amiga FPS game 2015 "Ultimate Maze: Wanker's Dream" was released! nittamituaki News 38 22 August 2015 01:12
BOH, a brand-new game launched mailman News 53 05 April 2014 18:12
So, I Wanna Make A New 68k Amiga Game,... Again fishyfish Retrogaming General Discussion 21 08 May 2013 00:31
The spirit of a famed classic Amiga game lives on with a brand new 2-player feature! TorbenLarsen Retrogaming General Discussion 5 17 December 2011 15:48

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Page generated in 0.29012 seconds with 12 queries