English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 03 December 2015, 14:38   #21
Schuimpy
AMIGA CASE

 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mijdrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 38
Dear Amigans read update 03-12-15, see my initial post / spoiler.
Schuimpy is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 10 December 2015, 14:51   #22
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant
Predseda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The City of Townsville
Age: 39
Posts: 4,517
So?
Predseda is offline  
Old 18 December 2015, 19:33   #23
Schuimpy
AMIGA CASE

 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mijdrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 38
Small update 18-12-15

Hi All,

Its taking longer as I thought. I do not expect I will be ready before Christmas. Off course I will give you full disclosure when everything is clear.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards.
Schuimpy is offline  
Old 19 December 2015, 14:10   #24
trixster
Guru Meditating

 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: England
Posts: 853
This looks great but I won't be buying one. Why? Because I (like many others) just spent a load of cash on the other new Amiga case project. Your project looks good but your timing is disastrous imo.
trixster is offline  
Old 19 December 2015, 22:10   #25
Lord Aga
MI clan prevails
Lord Aga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 901
On the other hand, people who have skipped the other case project to support this one must be thrilled.
Lord Aga is offline  
Old 19 December 2015, 23:18   #26
spudje
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 633
Maybe a case like this that has been thought through so well was already in the planning way before the other kickstarter was released and unfortunately got beaten by it. I'm definitely getting one of these cases and maybe even 2 if there will somehow be a way to squeeze in the newly announced A1222 Tabor, but that will be a challenge given it is mini ITX, not slim ITX.

Maybe we should convince Trevor to revise the Tabor board to slim ITX
spudje is offline  
Old 20 December 2015, 11:57   #27
iddqd
Registered User

iddqd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Sweden
Posts: 66
There should be a collaboration between the two projects for new keyboards. Would be neat to see.
iddqd is offline  
Old 20 December 2015, 16:19   #28
Lord Aga
MI clan prevails
Lord Aga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 901
I can see it already:

- This keyboard should be a nanometer narrower...
- Your mom should be a nanometer narrower !
- Two separate campaigns then !
Lord Aga is offline  
Old 22 December 2015, 15:12   #29
Schuimpy
AMIGA CASE

 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mijdrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 38
Hi Spudje,

Thank you, you are absolutely right. I have been working on my project well before the other project was released for the first time. Developing and making a new product is simply not done in just a few weeks or months and, therefore, of a different level compared to making a replica.

Beaten ? No, It is different than the original Amiga replica design and thus brings a different experience to a different audience.

Trixster:

Due to the differences between the project I do not think timing is a big issue. Secondly, at the time the Amiga replica campaign was running on kickstarter and although my project wasn't ready, I didn't want to trash someone else's contribution to the Amiga community. Every Amiga project should be appreciated !!! and jeopardising someone else's is in my opinion absolutely not done.

Kind Regards,

Schuimpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudje View Post
Maybe a case like this that has been thought through so well was already in the planning way before the other kickstarter was released and unfortunately got beaten by it. I'm definitely getting one of these cases and maybe even 2 if there will somehow be a way to squeeze in the newly announced A1222 Tabor, but that will be a challenge given it is mini ITX, not slim ITX.

Maybe we should convince Trevor to revise the Tabor board to slim ITX
Schuimpy is offline  
Old 22 December 2015, 15:28   #30
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant
Predseda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The City of Townsville
Age: 39
Posts: 4,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Aga View Post
On the other hand, people who have skipped the other case project to support this one must be thrilled.
I like this and I didnt like that. So I will support this one.
Predseda is offline  
Old 23 December 2015, 19:23   #31
Lord Aga
MI clan prevails
Lord Aga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 901
I like both of them. So I will support both.
But I know that not everyone is stinking rich like me. So that factor will play against the second offered project.
Lord Aga is offline  
Old 21 January 2016, 16:30   #32
Schuimpy
AMIGA CASE

 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mijdrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 38
Hi All,

I am making progress. One of the things I am working on right now is getting a new quotation from my preferred manufacturer. Secondly I am investigating augmented reality as a possible promotional activity : [ Show youtube player ]

Trying to get the best out of it, thanks for understanding and your patience.

Kind Regards,

Schuimpy
Schuimpy is offline  
Old 16 February 2016, 18:21   #33
TuKo
Apollo Team

TuKo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 184
Hi,

Hope your project is still alive.

Now that "the other case" will nearly ship, why don't you modify your project for A500 or A600. The latest is getting lot of attention at the moment with Vampire.
TuKo is offline  
Old 16 February 2016, 19:59   #34
eXeler0
Registered User

eXeler0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Sweden
Age: 43
Posts: 1,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuKo View Post
Hi,

Hope your project is still alive.

Now that "the other case" will nearly ship, why don't you modify your project for A500 or A600. The latest is getting lot of attention at the moment with Vampire.
Because a bigger case can fit all the small case Amigas whereas a 600 case would exclude everyone except 600 owners? ;-)
eXeler0 is offline  
Old 16 February 2016, 22:31   #35
iddqd
Registered User

iddqd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Sweden
Posts: 66
I wouldn't mind an A600 case for a raspberry pi + some big ass harddrives. Would have it as a retropi and backup machine. (keyrah works with A600, I assume).

An A1200 case would be too big. Like parking a bike in an aircraft hangar.
iddqd is offline  
Old 16 February 2016, 22:45   #36
eXeler0
Registered User

eXeler0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Sweden
Age: 43
Posts: 1,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
I wouldn't mind an A600 case for a raspberry pi + some big ass harddrives. Would have it as a retropi and backup machine. (keyrah works with A600, I assume).

An A1200 case would be too big. Like parking a bike in an aircraft hangar.
Yes I'm sure there's a bunch of u who would prefer a small case, but the point here was that we are already talking about a small niche product. Making it an *even smaller* niche by excluding A500/A1200 users is a gamble that they might not be willing to make.
eXeler0 is offline  
Old 16 February 2016, 23:02   #37
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ireland
Age: 40
Posts: 652
What about styling it similar to the a1200 and 500 but more of a spiritual successor.
So a new design that might cater for a potential standalone Vampire board and A1200 reloaded as well as classics - I find it really hard to imagine that another straight A1200 case project can get funded - the last one fought every inch of the way to the finish line - just a thought.
Adrian Browne is offline  
Old 16 February 2016, 23:50   #38
eXeler0
Registered User

eXeler0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Sweden
Age: 43
Posts: 1,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Browne View Post
What about styling it similar to the a1200 and 500 but more of a spiritual successor.
So a new design that might cater for a potential standalone Vampire board and A1200 reloaded as well as classics - I find it really hard to imagine that another straight A1200 case project can get funded - the last one fought every inch of the way to the finish line - just a thought.
Yea I agree, not sure another project with an A1200 style case can easily be funded. The new A1200 already allows you to attach a Mist or Reloaded or Raspberry Pi..

Maybe a completely different forms factor would stand a better chance..
something like "half a pizza -box" style thing.. (imagine half a A1000) with standard keyboard connectors..

Damn maybe I need to do a 3d mockup now... ;-)
eXeler0 is offline  
Old 17 February 2016, 01:58   #39
eXeler0
Registered User

eXeler0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Sweden
Age: 43
Posts: 1,422
And here's a quick 3d model and render ;-)
I made the case dimensions so that it would fit a 1200 mobo (~20x42cm)



Text-link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iwfy6q0g83...test1.png?dl=0
eXeler0 is offline  
Old 17 February 2016, 11:00   #40
iddqd
Registered User

iddqd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Sweden
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXeler0
the point here was that we are already talking about a small niche product. Making it an *even smaller* niche by excluding A500/A1200 users is a gamble that they might not be willing to make.
Yes A600 has a smaller user base than A1200, but the relevant question is: Is the potential _market_ for A600 cases bigger or smaller than demand for A1200 cases _after_ the already funded A1200-kickstarter? I assume those who wanted an A1200 case signed up there, and this project is basically fighting for the leftovers. Either way, hope it sees success.

Making a new non-Amiga product would be even more niche, I think.
iddqd is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Old computer case that would fit a 1200? guybrush Amiga scene 8 23 July 2015 12:13
a1200 1d4 in case itx project cpiac64 support.Hardware 1 31 July 2011 15:22
Mini-ITX Media Computer Smiley MarketPlace 0 15 December 2010 00:22

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Page generated in 0.33478 seconds with 12 queries