English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 01 October 2015, 05:43   #41
ransom1122

Come on everybody, let's all join and do a War Cry together! EEEYaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!
AdSense AdSense  
Old 01 October 2015, 10:13   #42
meynaf
68k wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthey View Post
Monster Regeneration in DM is usually because of a player action like a switch so it is not too annoying.
Monster generators are normally invisible pressure plates. You step on some cell and it generates a monster on some other cell. Then the generator gets disabled for a while.
This is bearable on DM1, but on DM2 it's the constant flood in some areas, even if you don't move...

Quote:
Meynaf even added an inscription on the wall like "supplies" to one of his maps where you step on a pressure plate to regenerate screamers. His maps and puzzles are well designed being competitive with the original DM at times. Play his original DM map (if you have AmigaOS 3.x) as it has advantages like being more system friendly, no copy protection, HD installable, magic mapping, drinking from fountains without a container, clicking on walls to detect if they are invisible, etc.
And last version has integrated csb utility disk
It can also play the end sequence from the pc version.

Quote:
It is faithful to the original and mostly bug free.
What ? "Mostly" ? Speak if you know something

Quote:
The other big exploit is reloading if stat gains are not good. Meynaf was looking into fixing this by pre-rolling stat gains.
I use an average. When previously you had 50% chances of gaining 1 point, now you'll gain that point every two levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadOnlyCat View Post
It really pays to learn their meaning rather than just remember the numbers.
Well, for some spells the logic is hard to find...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom1122 View Post
Come on everybody, let's all join and do a War Cry together! EEEYaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!
Too bad this option disappeared in DM2.
Old 01 October 2015, 12:48   #43
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by meynaf View Post
I finished the whole trilogy. The easiest is Ishar 2.
Are you kidding me? Ishar 3 was way easier to me; in Ishar 2 sometimes is really a guessing game just where the heck you're supposed to go next and on which island, with almost no hint at all. Ishar 3 at least usually points you in the right direction.

Of course it does have the really hateful moments where you can screw up and not be able to progress anymore, I can't remember if Ishar 2 had those.
Old 01 October 2015, 12:57   #44
meynaf
68k wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Are you kidding me? Ishar 3 was way easier to me; in Ishar 2 sometimes is really a guessing game just where the heck you're supposed to go next and on which island, with almost no hint at all. Ishar 3 at least usually points you in the right direction.

Of course it does have the really hateful moments where you can screw up and not be able to progress anymore, I can't remember if Ishar 2 had those.
I finished Ishar 2 without knowing that the end boss was an end boss, and got surprised when seeing the end scene... On the other hand, the Ishar 3 dragon was not just another monster !

I also screwed up a few times more in Ishar 3 than in the 2.
In the 2 when you have explored some area, well, it's explored and that's all. In the 3, things have changed after you return and you have to reexplore every part to find "the" thing that you have to do.
AdSense AdSense