English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 18 August 2015, 15:16   #1
perky416

Search and change memory location using action replay

Hi guys,
New here and new to the emulation scene, i hope this is the correct place to post this.

I have winuae and im playing escape from colditz, however the one thing that really annoys me is when it comes to night time there is no way to skip or speed up time to the next day.

I came across this page that gives a cheat, well, tells you to change the memory value in order to change the time of day:
http://www.gamewinners.com/Cheats/in...e_From_Colditz

I have action replay mk3 running in the game and I have taken a look through the user manual however I cant seem to figure out how to search for memory location 7957 and change it in order to change the hour of the day.

I have tried with my winows quick memory editor however it doesnt pick up the time.

Is anybody able to tell me how to change the memory value in action replay?
Many Thanks.

AdSense AdSense  
Old 18 August 2015, 15:28   #2
perky416

Literally seconds after I posted this I found a page that told me how to find the value,
So if I type M 7957 I am presented with a line of hex, now im stuck again lol.

Old 18 August 2015, 16:09   #3
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

I do not remember it from the top of my head but press the help key while on the Action Replay monitor and you will be presented with a list of all possible commands, including memory writes.
Old 19 August 2015, 11:43   #4
WayneK

So when you do "M 7957" you will see, as you said, a bunch of hex. Now move your cursor over the bytes(s) you want to change, and type the new value you want over the old one - then press return.
You can "M 7957" again to check that the values are changed correctly, then X back to the game.
Remember ESC will quit showing you hex crap from the M command.

Last edited by WayneK; 19 August 2015 at 11:43. Reason: some words wrong in order the
AdSense AdSense