English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 16 August 2015, 19:51   #1
Foebane
Banned

PC HDD files won't show up on Workbench 1.3

I'm using WinUAE on Amiga Forever and I've noticed a problem I can't solve:

When I use the Workbench 3.1 config from the AF menu, Add PC drives at startup and so forth then I can usually access all the files and folders just by clicking on the PC drive in the WB desktop and access the icons and so forth.

However, when I try the same trick on Workbench 1.3 (so I can run non-AGA demos with no problems) I find that whilst the PC drive shows up, the window is completely empty when opened. I then have to resort to hunting down the CLI app in WB and then running the app manually, which is a mighty pain.

Basically, is there a way for all files and folders to show up in an HDD drive window in WB 1.3 for easy access?
Old 16 August 2015, 20:10   #2
AMIGASYSTEM

You could use a little like Filemanager DirWork, light does not need external files only just the executable, you can not copy 'editor. If you do not know DirWork you can see it in this my old floppy filemanager posted [ Show youtube player ] su YouTube.
Old 16 August 2015, 20:26   #3
Foebane
Banned

Isn't there an alternative that doesn't require a third-party file browser? I just want the files and folders to show up in the WB 1.3 windows is all - I doubt DirWork would show up neither.
Old 16 August 2015, 20:51   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

There is one hidden option, if you use directory filesystem (not HDF, not ADF): add "filesys_inject_icons=true" to config file (without quotes).
Old 16 August 2015, 21:16   #5
Foebane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
There is one hidden option, if you use directory filesystem (not HDF, not ADF): add "filesys_inject_icons=true" to config file (without quotes).
Is there a way to add those sorts of lines to the RP9 files that Amiga Forever uses? I've already just discovered that I can edit them to add the PC drives, so I don't have to do it in the emulator itself.
Old 16 August 2015, 22:24   #6
Foebane
Banned

Couldn't find any information on what I wanted to do, but did realise that it's literally only a couple of clicks to the Shell and two commands and I'm ready to go!
Old 17 August 2015, 18:54   #7
AMIGASYSTEM

There would be another solution, mount the harddrive or directory concerned with OS3, with Dopus4 or other utilities use "AddIcon" to all affected files, create icons OS1.3 will see the files. You can do the same operation by the Workbench "Show File" and then do a Save Icon.