English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 24 July 2015, 14:06   #21
Bugala

@alexh

While there might some framerate problems, I have got used to playing Gloom etc. on 030/50 machine, so framerate might not be that much of a downer to me. Although of course i woudl rather play it PS4, if i had one.

@dreamkatcha

Forgot to mention one more modern title. Star Wars - Rogue Leader II

It is modern game in every way, but what appealed to me on that one was that it seemed to me like it was the first 3D Star Wars title where graphics were similar to original movies. That it felt like you were playing inside the movie.

And also the game scenes were from the original movies.

Hence, If you like Star Wars Trilogy, this is something to consider.

Although, have to remember, that was 10 years ago when it seemed like the graphics were good. So they might not seem so good anymore.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 24 July 2015, 15:24   #22
ransom1122

First star wars 3d game I played was rebel assault on pc. That was superb for its time
Old 25 July 2015, 21:07   #23
dreamkatcha
My elbow tastes of icky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugala View Post
@dreamkatcha

Problem with all these answers is that you specifically mentioned you havent been very interested in modern gaming after late 90s anymore, and yet they are mentioning modern games.

With this comment only it is bit difficult to suggest you games, but Im going to give a try for couple.
True, though to be fair it was a tough challenge... I'm not into modern consoles. Now sell me this modern console.

I'll give it a go anyway and take everyone's suggestions onboard keeping an open mind.

I do really struggle with 3D games. If a game looks like a movie I think I'd rather watch a movie and get the benefit of a decent script, professional actors and a conclusion that arrives in two hours rather than two months (assuming I'm not useless at it!).

Coincidentally [ Show youtube player ] popped up in my YouTube feed. I can't believe you have to buy a proprietary HDMI cable for drug money if you want the best picture quality. That's crazy. This guy does a whole series on the GC. Really interesting channel.
Old 26 July 2015, 18:42   #24
solarice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamkatcha View Post
I do really struggle with 3D games. If a game looks like a movie I think I'd rather watch a movie and get the benefit of a decent script, professional actors and a conclusion that arrives in two hours rather than two months (assuming I'm not useless at it!).
I'd say that depends on the game tbh.

There are no doubt some games where I've thought "why am i even playing this"...

E.g Yesterday it was Lifeline on the PS2 after spending an hour shouting at the woman through the mic like a lunatic and having her run in circles, leave the room, down healing potions unnecessarily and pretty much do everything else than what i was asking, i turned it off.

I've since checked online so i might give her another chance with more pronounced pronunciation. Before i fully walk away.

But there's others that i've happily played through multiple times...and that's covering games of all ages and genre's.
Old 26 July 2015, 23:40   #25
Lonewolf10
AMOS Extensions Developer

Old stuff...

Sonic Gems Collection (Sonic 1 - 3, Sonic & Knuckles, and a few other Sonic/Robotnik games)

Modern stuff which I highly recommend (and hasn't already been mentioned):

Beyond Good & Evil 1 (role-playing game)
Resident Evil 0 (horror)
Eternal Darkness (horror)
Super Mario Sunshine (3D platformer)
AdSense AdSense