English Amiga Board Amiga Lore


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 03 July 2015, 13:39   #21
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,114
Well, you deserve now a big thank you for the hard work, because it was shown, no matter how difficult, each task could be done quickly and efficiently. (something that the younger generation do not understand, right)
amilo3438 is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 03 July 2015, 14:39   #22
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
WinUAE 2.1.0 (2010.04.28) = OK
WinUAE 2.2.0 (2010.06.28) = OK
WinUAE 2.3.0 (2010.09.24) = it start to glitch!!!

The winuaechangelog.txt says following:

Final 2.3.0

Beta 14:

- added 68020 CE-mode very approximate 2-stage CPU prefetch pipeline emulation (not that 68020
don't really have 2-stage prefetch but it still will be more compatible without major changes)
Fixes ATR and (partially) Last Ninja 3 CD32 graphics glitches, (missing blitter waits..)
also more compatible with self-modifying code
Btw. a real 68020 has 3-stage CPU prefetch pipeline, right!? (not sure is that changed in newer winuae versions)

EDIT: JFI, found it; the 68020 3-stage CPU prefetch pipeline was introduced in:
Quote:
2.3.1 Beta 1
- 3-stage 68020 cycle-exact prefetch pipeline (not much difference compared to old one)
Where can be found old winuae2300_b13 and winuae2300_b14 to test?

old links does not work:
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=167
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=173

I suspect that the problem arises from b14, so it should be checked.

EDIT2: Or maybe from b13 (so it also should be checked)
Quote:
2.3.0 Beta 13
- addaq.x #x,Ax and subaq.x #x,Ax had too long cycle count (this was really stupid bug)
And it seem that are all changes regarding CPU if found in 2.3.0 betas winuaechangelog.txt!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
So it is still is emulation (CPU speed) problem, possibly some of the cracks include fix for faster CPUs or Amiga models or something.

(EDIT: assuming there is no bugs in real unexpanded A1200, this needs testing later)
Yeah, possibly some of the cracks include fix for faster CPUs... but weird, why it then also happens with ipf file (as Sandro mentioned)!?

(Instead of emulation CPU speed, I still suspect in CPU prefetch pipeline emulation problem from winuae2300_b14.)


EDIT3: New findings!!! (final)

Trolls (1993)(Flair)(AGA)(Disk 1 of 2) (CRC32 = 16E8627A)
Trolls (1993)(Flair)(AGA)[cr PDX](Disk 1 of 2)[a] (CRC32 = 79C82C0E)

WinUAE 2.1.0 (2010.04.28) = OK
WinUAE 2.2.0 (2010.06.28) = OK
WinUAE 2.3.0 (2010.09.24) = OK ... (and OK in new WinUAE versions too!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trolls (1993)(Flair)(AGA)[cr PDX](Disk 1 of 2) (CRC32 = 7AA6830C)
Trolls (1993)(Flair)(AGA)[cr PDX](Disk 1 of 2)[t +3 ATX] (CRC32 = 2DCB1D44)

WinUAE 2.1.0 (2010.04.28) = OK
WinUAE 2.2.0 (2010.06.28) = OK
WinUAE 2.3.0 (2010.09.24) = it start to glitch!!! ... (and glitches in new WinUAE versions too!) ... reportedly, it does not happen on an real A1200 basic (unexpanded)!

... and it also glitches with ipf file (weird)!? (according to Sandro)


EDIT4: Can someone check does the IPF of Trolls AGA glitches in WinUAE quickstart A3000 + cycle-exact enabled? (or behaves same = GFx glitches)
(reportedly, it working on 030 -> http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=904934&postcount=7)

Trolls (1993)(Flair)(AGA)(Disk 1 of 2) (CRC32 = 16E8627A)
Trolls (1993)(Flair)(AGA)[cr PDX](Disk 1 of 2)[a] (CRC32 = 79C82C0E)

above two files tested to work w/out Gfx glitches on WinUAE quickstart A3000 + cycle-exact enabled!

Last edited by amilo3438; 03 July 2015 at 22:35. Reason: small corrections
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 04 July 2015, 09:33   #23
Sandro
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: spain
Posts: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
So it is still is emulation (CPU speed) problem, possibly some of the cracks include fix for faster CPUs or Amiga models or something.
maybe the crack include a fix and disable cpu caches on boot
I sense if you use such crack the game run slower than using the others

do you have a way to check if some game runs with cache disabled?
Sandro is offline  
Old 04 July 2015, 09:37   #24
Sandro
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: spain
Posts: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
Sandro was wrong, because he jumped to the conclusion too early without checking. (his conclusion was based only on his thinking and previous probably frustrating experience)

But now admitted a mistake which should be appreciated. (because it was able to defeat his own ego)

Congratulations!
nothing related to ego....I was partially wrong
anyways you was wrong as well because you said my versions were corrupted, and that's not true
Sandro is offline  
Old 04 July 2015, 09:52   #25
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 42
Posts: 19,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
Can someone explain to me how you would get the CRC of a disk?
Click "?" button near other WinUAE floppy related GUI buttons. Even easier than using archivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandro View Post
Do you have a way to check if some game runs with cache disabled?
Enter debugger (shift+f12), type r<return>. Instruction cache is enabled if CACR bit 0 is non-zero (=last digit is non-zero and odd, usually 1)
Toni Wilen is online now  
Old 04 July 2015, 10:51   #26
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandro View Post
nothing related to ego....I was partially wrong
anyways you was wrong as well because you said my versions were corrupted, and that's not true
Obviously his ego still does not allow to admit that he was wrong (but only partially), because it is not so, he would say the following: "I'm sorry, I was wrong, I blamed you faked pictures without being it first checked and even declared that you are a troll."

(his ego is found a little wounded because someone had dared to enter in "his territory" and thus reacted)

P.s.
his ego is aware that it is not right, and is looking for excuses to equalize the guilt so that nobody is right.

Last edited by amilo3438; 04 July 2015 at 11:51.
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 05 July 2015, 16:02   #27
Sandro
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: spain
Posts: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post



Enter debugger (shift+f12), type r<return>. Instruction cache is enabled if CACR bit 0 is non-zero (=last digit is non-zero and odd, usually 1)

thanks master for the info
I checked this file ,the crack disables cpu caches

Trolls (1993)(Flair)(AGA)(Disk 1 of 2)

btw,
all the other cracks runs caches enabled, that's because there are gfx bugs in winuae
I think Trolls AGA was the 1st AGA game was not tested on the 040/060 by developers
I haven't a real amiga with a 040, but I'm sure the game not works fine on those cpus if caches are enabled

in my A1200 + 020/28mhz runs perfect, there is no need to disable caches
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Snaptrolls.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	44639  
Sandro is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trolls AGA gfx bugs in winuae 2.80 Sandro support.WinUAE 21 05 December 2015 21:56
Trolls AGA +3 UP crashing on real A1200 030 BarryB support.Games 33 19 August 2013 17:02
Trolls AGA erroneously labelled as ECS MethodGit project.SPS (was CAPS) 0 04 November 2010 23:13
Cruncher Factory / Down at the Trolls (aka Realm of the Trolls) itsmee request.Old Rare Games 16 21 February 2008 22:12
Down at the Trolls/Realm of the Trolls (Rainbow Arts, '88) allawer1972 request.Old Rare Games 11 18 November 2006 14:58

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Page generated in 0.16359 seconds with 12 queries