English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 15 September 2015, 18:06   #181
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_3200b12.7z

Beta 12:

- Boolean config true value converts to 1 and false to zero before doing any calculations. someboolentry=[1-someboolentry] custom event string now works as expected.
- Bridgeboard in VGA graphics mode only updated part of display (and sometimes nothing was updated).
- ESP (53C94, FAS216 etc..) SCSI updates to support Multi Evolution (Needs FIFO used count and does odd things)
- Multi Evolution 500/2000 SCSI controller emulation added.
- XT bridgeboard timer gate 2 pin was not hooked up in DOSBox CPU mode. ("Timer2 control function failed")
- Removed RTC status bit hack, PIC_TickIndex() works now. ("The Real Time Clock has not been initialized")
- Delay bridgeboard emulated MDA/CGA VRAM write interrupts until next vblank to reduce number of interrupts. (Real hardware may or may not do same)
- Initialize bridgeboard add-on IDE controllers after Z2 boards (was after Z3 which prevents them to initialize if used KS ROM does not support Z3 boards and at least one Z3 board was enabled).
- Adjusted MDA/CGA emulation mode hsync/vsync reporting, some programs had really slow screen updates.

Multi Evolution 500/2000:
- Not autoconfig but has boot ROM at $f00000 region. (Autoconfig is only for RAM expansion)
- Boots also under KS 1.2. (Boot ROM does some ugly system patches)
- Long word wide fake DMA.
- Boot image that also shows SCSI detection diagnostics messages.
- At least v3.0 ROM version driver does odd things, it sends MESSAGE ACCEPTED command first, then it reads the message byte.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 16 September 2015, 17:51   #182
hrmes

I noticed what looks like a HD controller bug in the latest betas.
2 of my 3 hardfiles in OS 4.1 appear as unreadable/bad.

The 'System' hardfile which is 4GB and contains the OS works and boots fine.
The 'Apps' hardfile is 8GB and appears as bad, and so is the 'Data' hardfile which is 32GB.

I tried to replace these hardfiles with newly formatted ones of the same size, but after formatting them and rebooting they appear again as bad.

Then I tried to create a 4GB hardfile for 'Apps' and it worked with no problems.
When I tried again with a 5GB hardfile it appeared again as bad.
So there seems to be a problem with hardfiles over 4GB.

The HD controller is set to SCSI (Auto) and uses the cybppc.device, and the hardfiles are dynamic and 'sparse' is checked.
The last beta that allows me to use hardfiles larger than 4GB is beta 6.
Old 16 September 2015, 19:41   #183
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrmes View Post
I noticed what looks like a HD controller bug in the latest betas. 2 of my 3 hardfiles in OS 4.1 appear as unreadable/bad.
I don't see anything obvious between b6 and b7.

Mount one non-working (best would be if it is only HD mounted and is bootable but if you don't have large enough bootable drive, mount only 2 drives), boot with latest beta and latest working beta with logging enabled and attach both logs. There should be some differences. Keep everything else exact same between tests.

"winuae -log -scsilog -scsiemulog"

You probably can end logging (stop emulation) after OS4 boot screen appears and waiting until HD access continues.
Old 16 September 2015, 19:52   #184
hrmes

I have just searched my downloads and it seems that I never downloaded and tested beta 7. I have tested beta 8 again now and it shows the bug. Maybe this is the first beta with that bug.
Should I do the test you want with beta 6 and beta 8 ?
Old 16 September 2015, 20:02   #185
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
I have just searched my downloads and it seems that I never downloaded and tested beta 7. I have tested beta 8 again now and it shows the bug. Maybe this is the first beta with that bug.
Should I do the test you want with beta 6 and beta 8 ?
I need to know which is exactly the last working one. b7 test is also needed.

It probably is b7 that broke it, it has some SCSI related changes but I don't see anything that should break anything, unless there is some unexpected side-effect.
Old 16 September 2015, 20:09   #186
hrmes

OK, I just downloaded and tested b7 and it shows the bug. This must be the first beta.
I will test b6 and b7 and attach the logs soon.

Edit: Sorry something just came up, it will take a couple of hours.

Last edited by hrmes; 16 September 2015 at 20:28.
Old 16 September 2015, 23:52   #187
hrmes

Here are the logs for b6 and b7. DH0 (boot drive) is 4GB, DH1 is 8GB.
Emulation stops when Workbench screen appears.
Attached Files
File Type: zip logs.zip (116.8 KB, 61 views)
Old 17 September 2015, 00:08   #188
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

My OS3.5/3.9/4.0/4.1 CPPC/BPPC are working O.K in beta12, no HD corruption.
Old 17 September 2015, 16:33   #189
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Here are the logs for b6 and b7. DH0 (boot drive) is 4GB, DH1 is 8GB.
Emulation stops when Workbench screen appears.
Does http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.7z fix it?

(SCSI INQUIRY command returned old garbage in some situations)
Old 17 September 2015, 16:43   #190
hrmes

Yes it does! Now both the 8GB and 32GB hardfiles work OK. Nice job, thanks.
Old 20 September 2015, 12:34   #191
AMIGASYSTEM

Ciao Toni, today by chance I found two anomalies, But I do not know if depend on my system. One is on slow systems, "sometimes there" is a small line color, i attach screenshots, the second problem that a system "AfA" that seems not to be compatible with the CPU 060, loaded Workbench just trying to open the application system goes into Guru; with CPU 040 everything works perfectly

Last edited by prowler; 10 September 2016 at 22:44. Reason: Removed attachment.
Old 20 September 2015, 12:42   #192
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
Ciao Toni, today by chance I found two anomalies, But I do not know if depend on my system. One is on slow systems, "sometimes there" is a small line color, i attach screenshots, the second problem that a system "AfA" that seems not to be compatible with the CPU 060, loaded Workbench just trying to open the application system goes into Guru; with CPU 040 everything works perfectly
You didn't include any required information! Read link in first post!

1) does it happen in last official version (if yes, wrong thread). I am 100% sure this is true.
2) no config, no logs -> no one can help.
3) you probably lack 68060 libraries or they are not correctly installed. Nothing to do with emulation.
Old 20 September 2015, 12:59   #193
AMIGASYSTEM

Ok Toni, I have not added information first because I wanted to see if he could depend on my system.

- Problem line colorful graphics I had noticed for some time, but I thought it was up out of my system, It should be started from the WinUAE Beta 11 release

- About problem AfA, identical system without installation AfA, CPU 060 everything works perfectly

If you still need my config file, thank you and good Sunday
Old 20 September 2015, 13:12   #194
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Ok Toni, I have not added information first because I wanted to see if he could depend on my system.
It rarely is and if it is, corruption is not "Amiga-like"

Quote:
- Problem line colorful graphics I had noticed for some time, but I thought it was up out of my system, It should be started from the WinUAE Beta 11 release
First make it does not happen in beta 10 and started happening in beta 11. Then attach your config.
Old 20 September 2015, 13:16   #195
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
2) no config, no logs -> no one can help.
What happened to the "magic ball" that has so far always been helpful !? (no "magic ball", can't help)

P.s.
May be of little excessive use were too inflated, and can no longer !? (poor magic ball)

(Probably even a parrot on a branch tired of repetitions of the same thing.)

Last edited by amilo3438; 20 September 2015 at 13:58.
Old 20 September 2015, 13:23   #196
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
It rarely is and if it is, corruption is not "Amiga-like"
I did not understand!
Quote:
First make it does not happen in beta 10 and started happening in beta 11. Then attach your config.
I've done some tests with beta 10, and I did not notice the problem. Just back home I do more tests

@amilo
I know how it works, i'm gearing up to learn magic

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 20 September 2015 at 15:10.
Old 20 September 2015, 19:30   #197
AMIGASYSTEM

Here I am back Toni,

- AfA_OS with the CPU 6860 is always in Guru, attempt to start the system by disabling AfA (pressed Mouse Left in system startup) is CPU 6860 it works perfectly. I attach logos, configuration and screenshots before Guru.

- Problem colored lines, tested WinUAE beta 10, the problem shows up sometimes, and does so only with special intro, [ Show youtube player ] is the operating system that has the problem, lines do not appear in the video; attach new screenshot where there is a small line of CLI revived.

Last edited by prowler; 10 September 2016 at 22:43. Reason: Removed attachments.
Old 20 September 2015, 19:36   #198
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
- AfA_OS with the CPU 6860 is always in Guru, attempt to start the system by disabling AfA (pressed Mouse Left in system startup) is CPU 6860 it works perfectly. I attach logos, configuration and screenshots before Guru.
This surely has nothing to do with 3.2 betas. And I still 100% sure it has nothing to do with emulation either.

Quote:
- Problem colored lines, tested WinUAE beta 10, the problem shows up sometimes, and does so only with special intro, [ Show youtube player ] is the operating system that has the problem, lines do not appear in the video; attach new screenshot where there is a small line of CLI revived.
You are using impossible config that does not exist in real world. Invalid bug report. KS 1.x = 68030 max only. Anything else: not my problem (or anyone elses problem either)

EDIT: Also you are using far too complex configurations. Remove all useless stuff and only put them back one by one if problem also disappeared. I am not going to bother with your weird and complex configurations that have too many unknown variables and using config that no one has ever used (and never will).
Old 20 September 2015, 20:44   #199
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
This surely has nothing to do with 3.2 betas. And I still 100% sure it has nothing to do with emulation either.
I also suspected it was not a problem of emulation; I think the incompatibilities depends AfA_OS, i will make the investigations on network to find out if there are info about.

Quote:
You are using impossible config that does not exist in real world. Invalid bug report. KS 1.x = 68030 max only. Anything else: not my problem (or anyone elses problem either)

EDIT: Also you are using far too complex configurations. Remove all useless stuff and only put them back one by one if problem also disappeared. I am not going to bother with your weird and complex configurations that have too many unknown variables and using config that no one has ever used (and never will).
You have so much reason, but attention, before posting my config I took the test also with configurations standard.

Test:
OS 1.3
CPU 68000
Ram 1M Chip, 1,5 MB Slow
Tested same system on another PC

Same result, error more obvious

N.B. For me this is not a problem, I just wanted to do reporting, which can also be not considered, anyway thanks for the help Toni

Last edited by prowler; 10 September 2016 at 22:44. Reason: Removed attachment.
Old 20 September 2015, 21:01   #200
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
You have so much reason, but attention, before posting my config I took the test also with configurations standard.

Test:
OS 1.3
CPU 68000
Ram 1M Chip, 1,5 MB Slow
Tested same system on another PC

Same result, error more obvious

N.B. For me this is not a problem, I just wanted to do reporting, which can also be not considered, anyway thanks for the help Toni
This is the correct way to do it. Find as simple as possible config that still triggers the problem.

But it looks like it simply is a bug in program that does that display scrolling and most likely it is also visible on real hardware if monitor display height is adjusted.
AdSense AdSense