English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 23 December 2002, 11:33   #21
Ok guys I believe these games you mention are cool and will be checked by me ASAP

Fred I thought you could keep secrets!
AdSense AdSense  
Old 23 December 2002, 13:40   #22
Zone Friend
Thumbs up

@Twist. Totally agree with what your saying. Although noty exclusive to this mob by any means. I've seen other examples of where snooty-nosed PC magazine writers get quite condencending if, for example they talk about an old "classic" game like Xenon 2,but then only mention it being PC. This happened in a aussie PC gaming magazine here recently & when corrected by a reader about the Amiga version existing & having the BomB the Bass title tune,(And the reader pointed out that the bleeping PC speakers of the time didn't have that in their version)
he got a typically arrogant PC is god reply & how powerful PC's are today.

It's bad enough to produce crappy lists like this,but the attitude of "there were no good games or machines before the modern PC" is really irritating, not to mention the revisionist history of others. (amiga versions of popular classic games not being listed for example).
Old 24 December 2002, 03:12   #23
Get ready, Agent
One of the better Top 50's, but that's not saying much now is it? The less games included from the last 5-8 years, the better.
Old 24 December 2002, 22:17   #24
The Sacred Armour Of
theres nothing worse than goddam PC revisionists - fucking wankers the lot of em.
Old 25 December 2002, 09:32   #25
Send a message via ICQ to Unknown_K
Well doom 2 for the PC (not sure about original doom) single handedly started the home networking lan part craze. Before id made doom lan equipment in the home was non existant, after doom2 all my friends and I purchased ne2000 compatinle network cards and hauled our computer equipment to the biggest house we had and ran coax cable all over the floor for one huge lan party (over the weekends). No every game has networking modes.

Looking over the list I can say that it covers some of the arcade and pc games ok, but does leave out the consoles and early non pc computers a bit.

Tribes should have been on the list for starting the team fps indoor/outdoor capture the flag craze thats still going on

As far as the rts games, dune2 was influential, the rest were just better versions using better graphics and more features.
AdSense AdSense