Old 22 May 2015, 22:07   #21
tekopaa

Super Stardust and Alladin
AdSense AdSense  
Old 24 May 2015, 23:09   #22
DisposableHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rare_j View Post
Oscar is a terrible game. Possibly the worst pack-in game ever. Even captain planet was better.
Or Days of Thunder, or Nightbreed, or EPIC? Who on earth was responsible for choosing them? Then again, Escom's choices of Whizz and Pinball Mania were about the worst bundle ever - when Putty Squad was crying out for use as an exclusive. The serious software the Escom model came with was a decent bundle though.
Old 24 May 2015, 23:55   #23
gazj82

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1979 View Post
Yeah, they aimed too low with the 1200, trying to pitch it as a PC/console hybrid. By the time the 1200 came out, the consoles were already strong and the one button joystick was a huge handicap. Jack of all trades wasn't a good position in the early nineties.
I never understood why they didn't ship the A1200 with a CD32 pad in white or something. Surely Commodore had the CD32 on the back burner at this stage. Just think how much difference it would have made if dev's knew every AGA chipset owner was guaranteed to have a 6 button controller.
Old 25 May 2015, 08:57   #24
Gzegzolka

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
Or Days of Thunder, or Nightbreed, or EPIC? Who on earth was responsible for choosing them? Then again, Escom's choices of Whizz and Pinball Mania were about the worst bundle ever - when Putty Squad was crying out for use as an exclusive. The serious software the Escom model came with was a decent bundle though.
Wing Commander and Dangerous Street for cd32 was worst in my humble opinion. While Wing Commander was cool game, not everybody who wants consloe must be simulation-game-lover. Dangerous Street was total fail, it was ugly with visual side and it was not-playable.

I have A1200 from Desktop Dynamite pack. I have Oscar and Dennis, both game was good to show what AGA can do, and both was very avarage games if we talk about gameplay - typical feth quest - go and find "x" number of some "stuff" and find exit. I think that platform games was simple and safe choice for bundle with new machine. What I do not like it was the fact that with time I have learned that Dennis was not-finished game, stand-alone box Dennis got more levels and ending, while on Desktop Dynamite it just resets.

I wonder why Commodore choose so often Flair's games to bundle with their computers.
AdSense AdSense