English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 29 October 2015, 11:46   #21
liveevil
Custom User Title

Hasn't this already been done ? It's a free separate program called 'touchmousepointer'. I'm not sure if it works with WinUAE as I haven't tried it yet. Maybe Tony can implement the program or something similar into WinUAE. Check it out.

[ Show youtube player ]

http://www.lovesummertrue.com/touchmousepointer/en-us/
AdSense AdSense  
Old 29 October 2015, 12:06   #22
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveevil View Post
Hasn't this already been done ? It's a free separate program called 'touchmousepointer'. I'm not sure if it works with WinUAE as I haven't tried it yet. Maybe Tony can implement the program or something similar into WinUAE. Check it out.
I don't think it will work correctly (mouse capture + rawinput) and use of external programs is doing it wrong anyway

There is nothing difficult implementing it, I only want to implement it once, not multiple times because first design was not good enough. (because as I said above, developing on cheap windows tablet is impossible)

Perhaps after 3.2..
Old 29 October 2015, 16:38   #23
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveevil View Post
Hasn't this already been done ? It's a free separate program called 'touchmousepointer'.
I mentioned before tehse kinda programs work like absolute shit.
A native WinUAE solution would be best. I agree with you Toni that you should do it once and well, so no rush!
Once I get out of the busylife wormhole, I can come up with some mockups if that interests you.
Old 19 December 2015, 20:27   #24
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Very basic touch interface done. (just before 3.2.2)

- no overlays...
- left side = always mouse, right side = always joystick.
- multi-touch supported.
- two buttons (both mouse and joystick) under trackpad area.
- Game Ports panel: Windows mouse and/or Virtual mouse driver options disable touch interface. Mouse port can be set to "none", touch interface still works. (at least for now)
- Automatically enabled if GetSystemMetrics(SM_DIGITIZER) reports NID_INTEGRATED_TOUCH or NID_INTEGRATED_PEN.
- Currently uses hardwired config by design to prevent random bugs in other parts of emulation.
- Tested with Wisky 7.85" tablet (Replaced my previous Linx 7)
- No guarantee if this gets improved sooner or later..

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.7z

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 19 December 2015 at 20:34.
Old 20 December 2015, 12:27   #25
Bastich

Looking forward to trying this. Thanks Toni
Old 21 December 2015, 18:20   #26
Akira

Awesome! Gonna try this ASAP. Thanks Toni!
Old 23 December 2015, 22:57   #27
ccapublic

Great Toni thanks ! Can you confirm this feature is also present in 3.2.2 ? I briefly gave it a try (virtual mouse driver not ticked & first port set to none), and though mouse pointer sporadically "jumps" I can't get it to work. So just wanted to be sure it was supposed to be implemented in 3.2.2 before moving forward with testing. Would logs contain helpful info to help debugging this feature in case I could not make it work ?
Thanks again and merry Christmas in advance to you and your family (and to all of you guys reading this post !)
Old 24 December 2015, 18:13   #28
Akira

Did anyone make this work? It isn't working for me either. I didn't get any jumpy or any sort of movement whatsoever.
Old 24 December 2015, 22:57   #29
ccapublic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
It isn't working for me either. I didn't get any jumpy or any sort of movement whatsoever.
maybe I shall clarify what I call "jumps" in my own report. I generally did not get the cursor to move at all. Something like maybe twice I had it moving by putting 2 fingers on left side of screen (pretty much the way you would place them to start a "pinch to zoom" gesture) then moving them together up/down/left/right. The cursor moved signicantly then ended up close to upper left corner of screen. this happened so rarely and lasted so little that I can not be 100% sure the cursor movement had actually anything to do with this weird gesture. btw I wasnt even able to reproduce it later on.

Anyhow Toni I appreciate you started doing something for tablets support in spite of the fact youre not convinced about usefulness of such feature.

Merry Christmas to all of you from south east of France !
Old 25 December 2015, 14:39   #30
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Next version will add some logging. Until then it is "works for me"
I assume old touch 3+ seconds top of screen = GUI still works?`
Old 25 December 2015, 23:38   #31
ccapublic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Next version will add some logging. Until then it is "works for me"
I assume old touch 3+ seconds top of screen = GUI still works?`
Yes Toni. 3+s Works. Some more info btw. I'm running amikit 8 on one of those win8 bay trail "retina" display Chinese tablets (teclast x98 air II). For some reason during today test it worked (repeatedly). Weirdly though. A very little finger movement leads to huge pointer movement, and pointer moves in something like tens of pixels steps (as if it was on a grid). Undesired left click is also very frequent (ie just trying to move the pointer leads to selecting a portion of workbench ie dash rectangle). Then all the sudden, pointer freezes, with still no way for me to relate this freeze to any particular action but maybe a Rapid finger movement. When pointer freezes, 3+s stillworks.

Ok this is too fuzzy to be of any help. So will post logs as soon as you introduce some.

Thanks again

Cyril
Old 02 February 2016, 18:32   #32
Bastich

Finally got chance to try this on my Teclast X98 Plus. I've not had any luck however. Well once or twice I had the mouse moving all the other times WinUAE3220 just crashed before opening the screen. In Windowed move it runs every time however the touch controls then do nothing? I've tried turning on the log in the misc settings however winuaebootlog.txt says it's disabled? If I can send any files or give more info please ask. Not sure if it's any help but I have implemented touch controls in my own DX apps previously.
Old 02 February 2016, 20:37   #33
ccapublic

I myself tested on a teclast x98 air II with same behaviour. Toni is aware but looks it obviously looks like he's busy working on other main features these days

That being said my teclast always has latest uae installed, unusable so far, but ready to be used as soon as the virtual trackpad works : can't wait as having my amiga on my tablet, though not really useful, is really cool. Not to mention that on new z8500 or z8700 cpus it will probably fly !
Old 02 February 2016, 20:54   #34
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

The usual: use latest beta (it has touch debugging), include logs and/or crash dump.
Old 02 February 2016, 22:40   #35
ccapublic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
The usual: use latest beta (it has touch debugging), include logs and/or crash dump.
Didn't know touch logs were introduced. Will give it a try asap and post logs. Is it enough to just run a basic configuration (let's say a1200 booting wb3.1), attempt to move cursor and click here and there then close uae and send log ? Or do you expect specific tests ?

Thanks

Cyril.
Old 03 February 2016, 15:07   #36
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL Send a message via Skype™ to FOL
Not sure if anyone has tried this. I have been using TabletMouse, it works fine with WinUAE.

I will give the beta a try though as I have been unable to also winuae touch working.
AdSense AdSense