English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 09 December 2016, 01:18   #441
turrican9

Jeff,

I noticed you now have 999 tracks in the latest alpha. I almost forgot about this. So I put an ADF in track 817 just to test and it did not work. I had some ADFs in track 10, 11 and 12. When trying to count past 12 the display just gave a error message. Same if I tried to go backwards from 000 to track 817. Noticed later that the adf was not in the track even though I stored it there. So this needs some more work.

Thanks

Edit: Now I tested by putting an ADF in track 360 and that worked. Count count backwards from 000 or forward. Will test some more and give feedback.

Edit2: After putting that ADF in track 360 I cannot load the file selector anymore. It just hangs right when it is supposed to load the final part. And there is a small square in the middle of the screen. Does not matter if I turn the Amiga off and on again. Same thing happens. So probably need to copy the file selector over again. I know this is an alpha release and just want to give some feedback.

Last edited by turrican9; 09 December 2016 at 01:25.
Old 09 December 2016, 03:10   #442
Sorgelig

This Alpha has problems in my A600. It has sporadic read fails. Sometimes disk get ejected (with HXC display on 7seg) in the middle of autoboot loading. Sometimes it hangs on config reading (when autoboot just loaded). I've tried to rename disk label in Workbench (that long name of autoboot disk to something shorter like "Selector") and disk just get ejected and then loaded back with original name.

Then i've flashed back 3_0_8_2a version and all those problems were gone. And I've successfully renamed the disk label.
Old 09 December 2016, 07:43   #443
Jeff_HxC2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorgelig View Post
This Alpha has problems in my A600. It has sporadic read fails. Sometimes disk get ejected (with HXC display on 7seg) in the middle of autoboot loading. Sometimes it hangs on config reading (when autoboot just loaded). I've tried to rename disk label in Workbench (that long name of autoboot disk to something shorter like "Selector") and disk just get ejected and then loaded back with original name.

Then i've flashed back 3_0_8_2a version and all those problems were gone. And I've successfully renamed the disk label.
Yes i have noticed this too. Thanks for the confirmation.
This is a glitch i have to fix into the usb stack...
Old 09 December 2016, 07:55   #444
Jeff_HxC2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican9 View Post
Jeff,

I noticed you now have 999 tracks in the latest alpha. I almost forgot about this. So I put an ADF in track 817 just to test and it did not work. I had some ADFs in track 10, 11 and 12. When trying to count past 12 the display just gave a error message. Same if I tried to go backwards from 000 to track 817. Noticed later that the adf was not in the track even though I stored it there. So this needs some more work.

Thanks

Edit: Now I tested by putting an ADF in track 360 and that worked. Count count backwards from 000 or forward. Will test some more and give feedback.

Edit2: After putting that ADF in track 360 I cannot load the file selector anymore. It just hangs right when it is supposed to load the final part. And there is a small square in the middle of the screen. Does not matter if I turn the Amiga off and on again. Same thing happens. So probably need to copy the file selector over again. I know this is an alpha release and just want to give some feedback.
The cfg file is probably corrupted. If you still have it, please send me it by email. Thanks.
Old 09 December 2016, 16:58   #445
turrican9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_HxC2001 View Post
The cfg file is probably corrupted. If you still have it, please send me it by email. Thanks.
cfg file sent to your email
Old 10 December 2016, 09:47   #446
Jeff_HxC2001

Quote:

Fixed into this version :

http://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_d...AlphaTrial.zip

This also appears to fix some random demo crash .
Old 10 December 2016, 11:13   #447
Sorgelig

Jeff, when you will add manual FDD enable (after soft eject or autoboot at power on disabled) for non-VFD users as we were talked on facebook?
Old 10 December 2016, 11:31   #448
Sorgelig

Quote:
Fixed into this version :

This also appears to fix some random demo crash .
Sporadic read fails seems fixed. But still have problem with disk label rename. If i try to rename the disk, it will change its name for couple of seconds then get ejected and inserted again automatically with old name.
3_0_8_2a has no such problem.
I need to mention that i'm using 128GB of USB stick and mentioned disk should be somewhere in the 60GB offset of USB stick. But i want to repeat that with v3_0_8_2a i can rename the same disk on the same place.
Old 10 December 2016, 11:40   #449
Sorgelig

Just tried to rename label of old autoboot.hfe which is definitely at very beginning of USB stick - get the same problem - disk disappear in couple of seconds after rename and appear under previous name. I'm sure there is a problem in alpha firmware. I don't know yet, if any writing will give the same result or only disk label rename.
Old 10 December 2016, 11:52   #450
Jeff_HxC2001

Sorry i don't understand you. What do you mean exactly by "rename label" ?
Are you doing this under Workbench, or with the embedded floppy emulator function ?
Old 10 December 2016, 12:10   #451
Jeff_HxC2001

Ok, reproduced with the HFE files.
(This is working on ADF files).
Old 10 December 2016, 13:48   #452
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Jeff, its always good to see people who still develop their products. Not just take the money and run. THANK YOU (One satisfied user). I'll get another licence when I get one for my Amiga (when I source that too!)
Old 10 December 2016, 14:10   #453
PortuguesePilot
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methanoid View Post
Jeff, its always good to see people who still develop their products. Not just take the money and run. THANK YOU (One satisfied user). I'll get another licence when I get one for my Amiga (when I source that too!)
Yes, indeed. Thanks, Jeff!
Old 10 December 2016, 15:22   #454
Sorgelig

Quote:
Ok, reproduced with the HFE files.
Good!

in 3_0_8_2a i remember if i hold pressed up and down buttons together it will soft-eject USB stick. In Alpha version it seems doesn't work.
Old 10 December 2016, 23:33   #455
Jeff_HxC2001

Quote:
Just tried to rename label of old autoboot.hfe which is definitely at very beginning of USB stick - get the same problem - disk disappear in couple of seconds after rename and appear under previous name. I'm sure there is a problem in alpha firmware. I don't know yet, if any writing will give the same result or only disk label rename.
HFE write support regression fixed :
Old 11 December 2016, 17:08   #456
Jeff_HxC2001

New version :

Eject function added : Press both buttons during 2 seconds to eject/reinsert the current disk. Once ejected the Slot number blink on the 3 digits display.
You can also change slots when the disk is ejected.

LCD : print the slot number before the file name during slot changes.
Old 12 December 2016, 10:55   #457
oissery77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methanoid View Post
+1
Thanks Jeff to update and make this FW better
Old 12 December 2016, 11:41   #458
Sorgelig

Quote:
I've thought it's also related to insert the disk when autoboot is disabled...
But it seems not implemented yet.
Old 12 December 2016, 13:16   #459
Jeff_HxC2001

Quote:
I've thought it's also related to insert the disk when autoboot is disabled...
But it seems not implemented yet.
It is implemented... Leave the autoboot enabled and just press both UP and DOWN buttons more than 1seconds to eject/insert the disk.
Old 12 December 2016, 19:15   #460
turrican9

Quote:
New version :

Eject function added : Press both buttons during 2 seconds to eject/reinsert the current disk. Once ejected the Slot number blink on the 3 digits display.

LCD : print the slot number before the file name during slot changes.
Ahh, yes. Tested this now. You seem to have fixed the issue with putting images in later tracks. Just tested track 820 and 999. Also had track 14 and 15 filled. It also seems to work fine after a reset and boot into the menu. Don't know how stable it will be if I fill up 500 + slots though. have to test it one day. This looks very promising!

Keep up the great work!

Edit: Keep in mind my testing is only on Amiga.