Quote:
Originally posted by Kodoichi
Snatcher
Me too
AdSense AdSense  
Old 20 December 2002, 01:24   #22
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

Im on a monthly subscription so time isnt a prob.
Finding this rom IS a problem though. All Im getting is broken links.
:COUGH
Old 20 December 2002, 02:12   #23
Steve
Kickstarter Addict!

Eek

I'll upload it to the zone.

Tip: Try newsgroups.
Old 20 December 2002, 02:37   #24
Uukrul

Quote:
Originally posted by RetroMan
Me too
And me!! (first emulated and later on the real thing)

Old 20 December 2002, 04:07   #25
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

I discovered lots of cool Amiga games thru emulation, or better, thru internet in general, then downloading them and quickly try them on the emu before transferring the good ones over to the real miggy

One of the best ones I discovered and played so far is 'Odyssey'
A great action-adventure, which gave me weeks of fun until I finally finished it
Old 20 December 2002, 04:19   #26
ElectroBlaster

Send a message via ICQ to ElectroBlaster
For me its just being able to have all the broken disk's fixed by downloading an adf! my collection got hammerd a few years back and its in a real mess... so im slowly going thru stuff and fixing it as i go!

whats makes me crack up is i have loads of dms images already which i didnt now about or never checked out LOL! they are on compo and pd cd's (originals)
Old 20 December 2002, 04:42   #27
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Quote:
Originally posted by Uukrul
And me!! (first emulated and later on the real thing)
Are you guys playing the Sega CD version? I had Snatcher on MSX back in the good old times, but it was all in japanese, so I couldnt go much far, as you can guess.

A translated version was released this year though, and I FINALLY was able to play it, and it really is excellent stuff. Hideo Kojima is truly a genious. In 5 minutes of playing I got further than I had ever gone with the japanese version

But I heard the Sega CD and MSX version are different. (Actually, I heard the PC 88 and the MSX versions are identical, and all the other ones are like the Sega CD one). Everyone says the Sega CD (and other versions) are more "childish", as they are for a younger audience, and the ending in the MSX abd PC 88 versions is much more depressing than the rather happy end of the Sega CD version, athoulgh they are a bit shorter. The guy who translated the MSX version had finished the Sega CD one too, and he says the MSX version has a much better plot.

About the young/mature audiences, some differences I know are: the body of Gibson in the warehouse (in the Sega CD there's just the body, in the MSX version his head is in the ground, off the body, and there's blood all over the place). Catherine, Gibson's daugther is 14 years old in the MSX version, while she's 18 years old in other versions. The bar is completely different in the MSX version (I forgot its name.. the one that has whale's meat).
Old 20 December 2002, 05:25   #28
Uukrul

Quote:
Originally posted by Shatterhand
About the young/mature audiences, some differences I know are: the body of Gibson in the warehouse (in the Sega CD there's just the body, in the MSX version his head is in the ground, off the body, and there's blood all over the place). Catherine, Gibson's daugther is 14 years old in the MSX version, while she's 18 years old in other versions. The bar is completely different in the MSX version (I forgot its name.. the one that has whale's meat).
I finished the Sega CD version and IIRC you can see Gibson's head off the body and the blood. The problem is always the same: the USA 'morality'. Thankfully you can play a less censored game introducing the word 'KONAMI' on the computer of the Junkers HQ and watch a scene in the shower

Old 20 December 2002, 06:25   #29
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

I must admit I have never played the Sega CD version, so all this was told to me

From what I know, the PSX, PC-Engine and Sega Saturn versions were also lighter than the MSX one, even though they were released only in Japan.

This reminds me I havent finished Snatcher yet. I have to get back to it soon...
Old 20 December 2002, 12:21   #30
Feltzkrone

Sonic the hedgehog on Megadrive! I think it's even better than Mr. Nutz, although most Amiga fans said that Mr. Nutz was better (don't beat me!).
Old 20 December 2002, 14:33   #31
Mr Softy

Send a message via ICQ to Mr Softy Send a message via MSN to Mr Softy
Arrow

M.A.M.E. stuff:

- Hebereke no Popoon : puzzle bobble / tetris / dr mario-like game, very nice and colorful.
- The Metal Slug series.
- Ninja Baseball Batman : excellent beat em up; very cartoonesque.
- The Punisher, Alien vs Predator and Armored warriors : best capcom beat em ups imho.
- Toobin' : going down the river....
Old 20 December 2002, 15:58   #32
Akira

Quote:
Originally posted by Feltzkrone
Sonic the hedgehog on Megadrive! I think it's even better than Mr. Nutz, although most Amiga fans said that Mr. Nutz was better (don't beat me!).
That's bollocks. Everyone knows Mr. Nutz cannot even get near the feet of the Sonic machine....

Sonic 2 is the best 2D platformer ever, for any platform ever created. IMO
Old 20 December 2002, 16:19   #33
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Stick out tongue

@Akira. I'll take your Sonic 2 & raise you a Ghost'n Goblins or Ghouls 'n Ghosts! (Mame of course!)
Old 20 December 2002, 19:09   #34
Akira

Sonic 2 is king of all. No contest. Your Ghouls n Ghosts raises nothing but one pence to the bid.
Old 20 December 2002, 20:46   #35
Uukrul

Bahh!! Super Mario World kicks the ass of that gay hedgehog

Old 20 December 2002, 21:45   #36
MethodGit

Does anyone still remember Gamesmaster's first issue with the somewhat controversial Sonic 2 review?
Old 22 December 2002, 00:01   #37
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

"Baseball Stars 2" on Neo-Geo.
Old 22 December 2002, 00:37   #38
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Baseball Stars 2! Yes, I discovered this one though emulation too, and it's probably the best baseball game I ever played (It used to be Pennant Race 2 on MSX)

And talking about neo-geo, only through emulation I played Last Resort, one of my fav horizontal shmups. And Shock Troopers 2, after playing the original a lot in the local arcade.
Old 22 December 2002, 01:48   #39
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Cool! Yeah, I think I have played every baseball game in existance on every system out there. This game is the only one that left me gobsmacked! I literally played the game for days on end! The presentation and sound are very thrilling, indeed. Now I must check out Pennant Race 2 on MSX!
Old 22 December 2002, 03:27   #40
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Indeed, the presentation, the whole atmosphere of the game is just great. It makes a boring sport (for me, at least) looks very fast and intense.

Do you know the baseball game from Konami for SNES? I discovered this one thanks to emulation, and I loved it too. Not as good as Baseball Stars 2, but pretty good. I don't know its name because it's all in japanese, but the presentation is a lot like International Super Star Soccer.

It seems like Konami has a tradition in Baseball games, as they made 3 for the MSX (Including both Pennant Race games), at least this one for the snes (But I think it's actually a series), and they have a series of baseball games for the GBA too.
AdSense AdSense