English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 05 May 2015, 22:59   #1
yoodoo

Celebrate 30 Years of Amiga at Recursion: Saturday 4 July Stratford-upon-Avon

Following last year's highly successful event, Recursion returns (as it should...) and will take place at King Edward Vi School, Stratford-upon-Avon on Saturday 4 July 11.00-16.00.

Join us to celebrate 30 years of the Amiga - meet up with a user group, have a play on the latest hardware and have a chat with Amigans of all shapes, sizes and flavours!

The fair is completely free to all visitors and exhibitors and we are always keen to cram in another table of goodness: pm me or email rmbATkesDOTnet if you'd like to be added to the list of exhibitors. We're especially keen to have a SWOS tournament, if someone could volunteer to run one!

In addition to the Amiga madness, the RiscOS Midlands User Group will be holding their annual summer show as part of Recursion and the Retro Computer Museum will be bringing more retro and vintage systems than you could possibly play on in just 5 hours!

There will be plenty of new stuff to have a go on too: hundreds of Raspberry Pis to play with; virtual reality experiences thanks to Oculus Rift; unmanned drone flight training; electronics and programming workshops and loads, loads more.

Recursion is the ideal fair for geeks of all ages and vintages. See the Recursion 2015 website for more details:

AdSense AdSense  
Old 22 May 2015, 00:04   #2
SuperPlay

I may be able to make this :-)
Old 22 May 2015, 12:46   #3
Daedalus

Ooh, a SWOS tournament would be excellent! I regularly have these with my friends. Would love to go to this event but I'll have to see what the story is with getting there etc...
Old 02 July 2015, 21:19   #4
yoodoo

Update.

Just a final reminder that Recursion is returning (as it should...) and will take place at King Edward Vi School, Stratford-upon-Avon on Saturday 4 July 11.00-16.00.

Join us to celebrate 30 years of the Amiga - meet up with user groups, have a play on the latest hardware and have a chat with Amigans of all shapes, sizes and flavours! AmigaOS4, MorphOS, AROS, Classic Amigas, all side-by-side and not a pointless row in sight!

The fair is completely free to all visitors and exhibitors and we are always keen to cram in another table of goodness: pm me or email rmbATkesDOTnet if you'd like to be added to the list of exhibitors.

In addition to the Amiga madness, the RiscOS Midlands User Group will be holding their annual summer show as part of Recursion and the Retro Computer Museum will be bringing more retro and vintage systems than you could possibly play on in just 5 hours!

There will be plenty of new stuff to have a go on too: hundreds of Raspberry Pis to play with; virtual reality experiences thanks to Oculus Rift; unmanned drone flight training; electronics and programming workshops and loads, loads more.

Recursion is the ideal fair for geeks of all ages and vintages. See the Recursion 2015 website for more details:Recursion

Last edited by prowler; 03 July 2015 at 01:12.

Old 04 July 2015, 19:46   #5
Higgy

Thanks for posting this. Me and the wife went.

Quite a lot to see. Shame the Google VR cardboard googles sold out by thr time we got there.

A nice lot of varied retro hardware to play. (Super?) Street Fighter 2 seemed very popular on the A1200. I had a go on a Vectrix which was good.
AdSense AdSense