English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 01 May 2015, 07:59   #1
no1453

Question about Configurations saving/loading

Sorry if this is a naive question; I'm able to use WinUAE fairly competently, but the Configuration saving/loading (Host settings, Hardware settings, the "link") have me a bit confused. I've tried some Googling, and searching this forum, but I can't find anything about how the system works. (The three most appropriate links on the Links section of www.winuae.net are all dead.) I don't expect anyone to explain it all to me, but is there an existing document or thread that covers how the saving/loading/linking system works?

AdSense AdSense  
Old 02 May 2015, 02:38   #2
ransom1122

Try save as and give your configuration a name. It should be as simple as that. If it fails reinstall the latest winuae and try again.

Not sure what you mean by the link feature?
Old 02 May 2015, 09:41   #3
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

OP probably wants to know what "host" and "hardware" configurations mean.

When loaded, "Host" config only loads host-specific config entries (Host display, sound etc.. settings, settings that don't affect emulated hardware compatibiliy). "Hardware" only loads emulated hardware settings, does not change any host settings.

You can use single Host config with multiple hardware configs or vice versa (No need to create multiple nearly identical configurations)

"Link" means linked config is also loaded automatically. (Selected config is loaded, then linked config is loaded, overriding entries from selected config)
AdSense AdSense