English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.WHDLoad

Old 25 April 2015, 01:20   #1
Korodny
Zone Friend

SWOS not loading saved games

I understand emulators are not supported, it's made quite clear in the readme But maybe some other users had similar problems and know about a solution, or maybe it's not emulator related at all:

I'm using SWOS96/97 from whdownload under FS-UAE with direct filesystem access (i.e. no HDF). I can start a career and save it just fine - if I save it as "TEST", a file "TEST.CAR" gets created in the save directory. It's about 120 k, just like the save games created on disk with my regular SWOS copy.

Loading it during the same SWOS session works fine too - i pick "load old competition" from the menu, press fire at the "insert save disk" prompt and TEST.CAR is displayed and I can load it without problems.

Trying to load it during another session - i.e. after resetting the emulated Amiga and running SWOS again - does not work. After I press fire at the "insert save disk" prompt, I only see an empty screen and an exit button, i.e. iSWOS doesn't find any files it could load.