English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 29 March 2015, 16:28   #1
mojo-chan

Gamesack - reviews of Amiga games?

Does anyone here watch Gamesack? Would anyone be willing to help those guys review some Amiga games?

Gamesack is a YouTube series where two guys do reviews of and features on classic games. They are mostly focused on systems that were popular in the US, such as Sega/Nintendo and NEC hardware. Mostly 8/16 bit era. They shows are really entertaining, well worth a watch.

I'm a long time Amiga user but don't have any hardware any more. I'd love to see Gamesack review some Amiga games, but it would need someone to lend them some Amiga hardware. Would anyone, ideally in the US, be interested?

I'd suggest the following games for review:

Gods
Sidewinder
Populous
An RPG, maybe Eye of the Beholder or Abandoned Places
Monkey Island 1/2
Robocop (lol)
IK+
Microprose F1 GP
War in Middle Earth
Lotus 2 (or some other racing game)
First Samurai
Elite II Frontier
Midwinter II or maybe Hunter
Carrier Command?
Banshee
SWIV
Hired Guns

I'm sure people can think of many more. A selection of joysticks would be a good idea as well.

Any interest? I'm happy to help in any way I can.

AdSense AdSense  
Old 29 March 2015, 16:50   #2
s2325
Zone Friend

In most reviews they skipped any info about Amiga or Atari ST games if they comparing something. I don't know why, I don't need footage.
Old 29 March 2015, 18:47   #3
Gzegzolka

Would be nice to see episode about amiga, I have started watching them some time ago, good show.
Old 29 March 2015, 19:40   #4
mojo-chan

They usually refer to the Amiga as a "European computer", so I get the impression it was much more popular in Europe than in the US. I think people in Europe played games on computer more so than Americans.

It would be nice to get their impressions of some Amiga games, as compared to the console ones. The guy who does the editing (Joe) is very good at it and always presents the games well. They have a thing about western developed games in the 80s and 90s being a bit rubbish, and for consoles they generally were. The Amiga had some real gems though, and it would be nice if they had a wider audience.

Old 29 March 2015, 21:34   #5
dreamkatcha
My elbow tastes of icky

I've watched them for a few years now. They appear to suffer from a severe medical condition; non-Sega/Nintendo game blindness. I find the blatent ignorance really narrow-minded and irritating if I'm honest. You don't have to be an expert to acknowledge that computers exist beyond America.
Old 29 March 2015, 21:43   #6
Gzegzolka

Since they are from USA it will explain why they put so much interest into Sega/Nintendo and not so much into Europe related stuff like Atari ST, Amiga or Acorn. You can say that here in Europe we have a "cult" of home computer as solution to source of enjoyment and across ocean they have consoles on first place.
Old 29 March 2015, 23:21   #7
mojo-chan

They review games they have themselves, which are mostly Sega and Nintendo, and some NEC, Sony and Microsoft stuff. That's why I suggested trying to organize a loan Amiga for them. I think it would be interesting to see their take on Amiga games.

It just needs someone with an Amiga in the US who can spare it for a while...

Old 30 March 2015, 00:39   #8
ransom1122

Yeah good show. They show many rare games and rare consoles as well. I don't see why they can't do amiga as they have many old consoles and computers.
Old 30 March 2015, 02:18   #9
x56h34

The confusing bit for them may be the whole pal/ntsc game compatibility, should they decide to take it on. They would need to understand that most games will be Pal and they will need to have the right equipment to be able to play Pal games. This alone may be a candidate for some roast material by the guys.
Old 30 March 2015, 03:02   #10
ransom1122

Reviews on amiga games and hardware vary from each reviewer. I think its best to leave it in their hands to review it as they see fit, without spoonfeeding them everything we know.

Where do we submit ti ask them to do the job?
Old 04 April 2015, 12:00   #11
mojo-chan

I'm sure a quick email or contact via Facebook/Reddit would be enough, if we can find someone who can lend them some hardware.

Old 09 June 2015, 23:01   #12
dreamkatcha
My elbow tastes of icky

A quote from their recent 'Unlicensed Games' episode:

"There's a game on each of these carts starring Dizzy who looks to be an egg. I'm wondering if Dizzy is a mascot for Codemasters because there are other games besides these that he's the star of as well, but if that's the case, you'd think they'd put more effort into these titles. Treasure Island Dizzy was hopeful, but the cheap deaths were really a turn off".

What are they teaching kidz in skule these dayz? They'll be telling us next Sonic is some sort of Hedgehog and Mario is kind of like an Italian plumber.
Old 21 October 2015, 10:46   #13
s2325
Zone Friend

LGR reviewed Amiga Back to The Future 2 [ Show youtube player ]
AdSense AdSense