English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 06 March 2015, 16:03   #1
Amigajay
醉拳

101 Amiga Games That Influenced The Gaming Industry Book Out Now!

101 Amiga Games That Influenced The Gaming Industry Book Out Now!

Just to clear confusion before hand! All the 101 games in the book are either exclusive to the Amiga or the Amiga was the lead platform, not to say every game influenced the industry per say, obviously the exclusive games were on Amiga only, but the rest were ported to 30 ish other formats around the world, so that's where the influence part came in!

212 full colour pages of Amiga goodness!

More info and pics on the link below.

Available from here in Paperback or PDF.

http://www.freewebstore.org/castlebooks
AdSense AdSense  
Old 06 March 2015, 16:16   #2
Gzegzolka

I wonder with game did they choose?
Old 07 March 2015, 21:38   #3
Amigajay
醉拳

All great games for sure!
Old 07 March 2015, 22:43   #4
spudje

Can we say that the Amiga is somehow becoming a "retro-hype"?!
Old 07 March 2015, 23:04   #5
Amigajay
醉拳

Not really, well it is 30 this year, so we have an excuse!

The idea of the book was in my head for a couple of years and came about after various conversions and retro meets that when games were discussed, either the console or PC version were mentioned and thought of as the original, of course Amiga fans know better, but to have it as a coffee table book to show what machine these games really came out on first was what got me motivated to get round to produce it.
Old 08 March 2015, 01:42   #6
Simmo76

Amigajay: So you wrote / designed this book then?
Looks good from the photos on the link.
Seems that the book is only available from Amazon however? The 'Buy' button just displays a message saying product unavailable for me...
Old 08 March 2015, 10:17   #7
Amigajay
醉拳

Hi, thanks, yeah the paperback is only available from Amazon, the PDF from my site.
The UK Amazon should be good to go now, it takes a day or two for the title to go live, i just checked and its ok now.
Old 08 March 2015, 23:20   #8
Simmo76

Amigajay: Are there any plans for purchasers of the paperback to be able to download the pdf version? Maybe a redeemable download code or something?
This happened with The History of Ocean book and will happen with the upcoming The History of US Gold and Commodore Amiga: a visual Commpendium books too.
It's a great little sweetener and means I can leave the 'proper' book, pristine at home, whilst still enjoying it whilst out and about.
Old 09 March 2015, 00:17   #9
Amigajay
醉拳

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmo76 View Post
Amigajay: Are there any plans for purchasers of the paperback to be able to download the pdf version? Maybe a redeemable download code or something?
This happened with The History of Ocean book and will happen with the upcoming The History of US Gold and Commodore Amiga: a visual Commpendium books too.
It's a great little sweetener and means I can leave the 'proper' book, pristine at home, whilst still enjoying it whilst out and about.
Hi, yeah its something i have thought about but i have no official way of processing that.
But as a thank you to buyers, maybe you could email your amazon receipt to my contact address at Castle Books and ill forward the link for a free PDF copy to anyone who does so.
Old 09 March 2015, 16:25   #10
Simmo76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
Hi, yeah its something i have thought about but i have no official way of processing that.
But as a thank you to buyers, maybe you could email your amazon receipt to my contact address at Castle Books and ill forward the link for a free PDF copy to anyone who does so.
That would be great. Thank you.
I will do that when I purchase the book, probably next week when I've been paid...
Old 11 March 2015, 20:51   #11
cry

My copy arrived today. For some reason I was expecting a hardback book with large pages. In reality it looks like it is printed on A5 and whilst the cover is shiny it's not a hardback.

But all the same, it looks like a nice little book. Very visual with a few words on each game about who published it , developed it, when it was released, the country it was written in and a short sentence or two why about the game rules.

I've not sat down to read it (it's more of a picture book) but the images are good quality on good paper and just flipping through it has made me smile at some of the screenshots. (I totally forgot about the Hunter game, and the caravans on the cars in Skidmarks).

Maybe a bit pricey for 25 but this is a niche market and if they sell out it may not get a reprint.

Anyway, good stuff!
Old 12 March 2015, 01:24   #12
Amigajay
醉拳

Hi,

Thanks for buying, as its only print on demand the costs involved mean after taxes i only receive a small amount of that 25, the rest goes to Amazon.
Regarding the size, because i wanted a landscape book the only size offered by Amazon is the one you have received.
Glad you are enjoying the content and pictures,the full page images look great with every pixel being visable.
Old 31 March 2015, 13:05   #13
Gerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzegzolka View Post
I wonder with game did they choose?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
All great games for sure!
Why not list all games presented in your book?

I bought the PDF-version of the book (to find out about the games beeing shown) despite my disappointment about the layout of the content. The full page screenshots look great, but the rest (content + layout) is a bit too sparse.

Personally, I prefer other publications like "La Bible Amiga".
AdSense AdSense