English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 04 March 2015, 00:14   #1
Spacemutiny

Help installing Colonization!

Hello everyone! I am new to Amiga emulation and found this board. I was hoping you can help me.

I am trying to play Colonization on the newest version of Amiga Forever. I have four disk images for it.

I loaded the emulator up with all four disks loaded, but there is no way to just run the game. I have to install it. The problem is that there doesn't seem to be a hard drive to install it to. I tried selecting Workbench 3.11 (hard drive) under the "Built-in boot" option and I was able to get through most of the installation, but it runs out of space (it is not a big game).

Can you help me with how to properly install a game using Amiga Forever?

Thanks!

AdSense AdSense  
Old 04 March 2015, 00:21   #2
Spacemutiny

OK, so I figured out how to load it without doing an installation. Do you ever have to install an Amiga game? Can most be run from the disks?

Old 04 March 2015, 07:16   #3
LieutLaww

Yes most games can be run from the disk, you would need to setup a Workbench to run the installer from, plenty of guides via Google on how to do such a setup via Winuae.
Old 04 March 2015, 13:30   #4
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

First of all, welcome to Amiga emulation and EAB!

If you have Amiga Forever, you should be able to install it in their workbench replacement. (not sure if it comes with all versions of AF)

If you like better installation, and don't like to go through trouble of installing it alone (our late friend Paul aka Green Alien made those great instructions here) then just go for ClassicWB, witch will allow you to install Civilization, or even you can download pre-installed WHDLoad version, that will work great on ClassicWB.

While most of Amiga games were playable from floppy (In many cases only playable from floppy) and there was copy protection built in floppy, today we have WHDLoad, where game can be played from Workbench and all games come with applied patches and many trainers/cheats.
AdSense AdSense