English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 26 February 2015, 12:40   #1
Whitesnake
Martin Shaw

Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 390
240p test suite for Amiga?

I've noticed over the past few years a lot of people have been using Artemio's 240p test suite on a lot of consoles but I haven't seen anything similar for the Amiga?

The test itself is very useful for diagnosing video problems especially with the popularity of video scalers, The test is also useful for diagnosing CRT issues.

My question is, are there any similar test suites out there for the Amiga that are as thorough as Artemios?

http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php/240p_test_suite

I'm not sure if someone has ported his test suite and it just isn't listed for download but the source code appears to be available for each version.
Whitesnake is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 26 February 2015, 15:42   #2
Jope
-
Jope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Helsinki / Finland
Age: 37
Posts: 6,681
Didn't Photon make a 288p test program some time back?

http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=914581&postcount=49

No-one cares about 240p, we're not in NTSC hell.. ;-)
Jope is offline  
Old 26 February 2015, 18:26   #3
pandy71
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: PL
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I've noticed over the past few years a lot of people have been using Artemio's 240p test suite on a lot of consoles but I haven't seen anything similar for the Amiga?

The test itself is very useful for diagnosing video problems especially with the popularity of video scalers, The test is also useful for diagnosing CRT issues.

My question is, are there any similar test suites out there for the Amiga that are as thorough as Artemios?

http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php/240p_test_suite

I'm not sure if someone has ported his test suite and it just isn't listed for download but the source code appears to be available for each version.
Most of this pictures is not real test signals but rather pictures that looks like test signals. For real test signals they need to be bandlimited to avoid ringing/transient issues.
If You are interested i can prepare a real test signals for Amiga (of course they will be sometime limited as limited is HW capabilities).
I can produce signals same or better than Tektronix (but not only) reference sources.
Some of those signals are described in detailed way by ITU-R BT.801 but not all. Making such signals is one of my work activities.
pandy71 is offline  
Old 26 February 2015, 20:25   #4
Akira
Registered User

Akira's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 19,265
I don't think the program is made to actually test the screen, rather, to test how the particular machine looks with your particular screen, so they don't need to be "test signals" as you describe.

The test is made to check colors, flickering, frequency, ghosting, delay and things like that only.
Akira is offline  
Old 26 February 2015, 22:29   #5
Lonewolf10
AMOS Extensions Developer
Lonewolf10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: near Cambridge, UK
Age: 38
Posts: 1,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
The test is made to check colors, flickering, frequency, ghosting, delay and things like that only.
I viewed a test like this for my laptop a year or so back. It was quite interesting, and whilst I learnt a few things about my laptops LCD screen nothing was wrong with it

Something similar for CRT monitors/TV's would be interesting to use.
Lonewolf10 is offline  
Old 27 February 2015, 13:31   #6
pandy71
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: PL
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
I don't think the program is made to actually test the screen, rather, to test how the particular machine looks with your particular screen, so they don't need to be "test signals" as you describe.

The test is made to check colors, flickering, frequency, ghosting, delay and things like that only.
With even simple digital scope you can do lot of measurements previously available only for high end lab.
pandy71 is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Instruction set test suite? JimDrew support.WinUAE 3 11 September 2014 11:55
-Test Drive III Amiga version Drummerboy support.Games 6 01 May 2011 02:44
How to test Amiga? kixs New to Emulation or Amiga scene 20 06 January 2011 01:12
CD32 Frog Feast test available. Test out the final! cdoty News 42 01 April 2008 16:20
Take the Amiga purity test! Andrew Retrogaming General Discussion 39 07 October 2003 19:15

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.06237 seconds with 12 queries