English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 23 April 2015, 16:28   #41
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

I really think I do play a lot better nowadays (just turned 32) than when I was younger.

The difference is that arcade games usually require a lot more of dedication and memorization than modern, so you can't just play one of those after like 10-15 years and be able to instantly remember everything about the game, unless you *really* have played it many, many, many times to the point of finishing it a dozen of times when young.

And when we were kids, there was a lot more of free time to keep replaying a game and learning it.

Modern games don't have a lot to be learned, unless it's a competitive multiplayer online game or something like that.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 23 April 2015, 21:38   #42
Michael Sykes
WinUAE end user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterhand View Post
...unless you *really* have played it many, many, many times to the point of finishing it a dozen of times ...
Reading that makes me wonder why I didn't learn some kind of martial art instead of Turrican when I was a kid.

Ahh - who cares I'm still good at it(not as good as I used to be) but I miss my old Master System controller. No auto-fire crap needed. Just a thumb of steel!
Yes I preferred a pad instead of a stick and I still do. Regardless of the system. Thats why I hate games like Decatlon and Summer Games...

I don't know why but for some strange reason I got much better in games like Lotus III or No Second Prize. I didn't even play any of them that much over the last two decades or so.
AdSense AdSense