English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 27 January 2015, 03:31   #1
markpjd
Games-Coffer

Bits Game show (UK - Channel 4)

Hi,

Probably a long shot, but has anyone got any footage from the gaming show "Bits" that was on Channel 4 in the UK (hosted by two ladies)? I'm looking specifically for footage focusing on the Amiga.

Firstly it would be nice to watch some of it for nostalgia purposes, but secondly, my site (at the time) the World of Classics was broadcast on it - the thing is, I never got to see the footage (got the contract etc).
AdSense AdSense  
Old 27 January 2015, 07:03   #2
andy
Back.

There were three women!

Amiga from 1999 onwards, though? Surprising! Have you any idea where your site might have fit into the series, Mark? I doubt it's the sort of thing found through a simple text search - so hoping that most or all of them are on there, the best attempt to find it would probably be to go through episodes on YouTube one-by-one.

There's at least a couple of guys that have gathered some of the series. It'd be a start at least... and would feed the old nostalgia.
Old 27 January 2015, 18:53   #3
markpjd
Games-Coffer

Hi,

I found a few episodes online from a series - will have to watch them. To be honest I didn't watch it all that much when it was on, because if I remember correctly it was on late night Channel 4. Maybe they were doing a feature on retro games? Wasnt one of the hosts originally in the 'adult industry'?
Old 27 January 2015, 21:17   #4
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
There were three women!

And 3 pairs of Bits
Old 27 January 2015, 21:44   #5
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
Google says...
Emily Booth, Blue Review from L!ve TV. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emily_Booth

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 28 January 2015, 00:08   #6
Weeto

I met Aleks Krotoski in Glasgow once at a mobile gaming event she was hosting. She was really nice and spoke about gaming with me for a few minutes and was really into old Nintendo and Atari stuff. Gave me an autograph with a kiss imprinted on it and even the little message at the bottom said "old games rule!"
Old 28 January 2015, 00:14   #7
Lonewolf10
AMOS Extensions Developer

I watched Bits alot.

The three ladies were:

Aleks Krotofski (the one with glasses)
Emily Booth (one with pig-tails alot of the time)
Emily Newton-Dunn (the other one)

I don't have any episodes as far as I remember. Although they were true gamers, they did spend quite a bit of time messing about infront of the camera. I won't mention that Emily Booth used to have a website, that I once bid on her underwear or that she has done a few adult films.

As for Amiga, I don't recall anything Amiga-related on the show as they primarily focused on the games consoles.
Old 28 January 2015, 00:25   #8
Steve T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf10 View Post
I watched Bits alot.

The three ladies were:

I don't have any episodes as far as I remember. Although they were true gamers, they did spend quite a bit of time messing about infront of the camera. I won't mention that Emily Booth used to have a website, that I once bid on her underwear or that she has done a few adult films.

As for Amiga, I don't recall anything Amiga-related on the show as they primarily focused on the games consoles.
It was part of a late night selection of shows called "4 Later" IIRC, "Vids" was another good show from that lineup... No one else seems to remember it.

I think it was probably on around '97-'98, I'd also be surprised if they covered anything Amiga... You might be able to find some episodes on Dailymotion.
Old 28 January 2015, 01:25   #9
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

Emily Booth also shows her "talents" in low budget horror movie "Cradle of Fear"

If anyone (Lonewolf!) is that much of a fan of her at least, I think I have a DVD of it that came from blockbusters selling off old hire discs. I could probably encode & upload it if wanted!!

I do remember Bits being quite good... But then, I was a student around that time so my memory may be cheating me!!! (I'd love to see some episodes too just to prove to myself it *was* good!)
Old 29 January 2015, 08:44   #10
andy
Back.

That's a nice first post, Weeto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf10 View Post
I watched Bits alot.

The three ladies were:

Four then! Three in a programme! There was a blonde presenter in the first series.

Not having seen an episode since that time, I couldn't recall her name but a search says Claudia Trimde. She's rarely mentioned in cast lists and I don't think I've ever seen her included in discussions on Bits over the years. I'm guessing that Emily Booth arrived for Series 2 to create the final line-up that everyone remembers.

Oh and Steve, you must know the wrong people! I mean, who can't remember Vids and late-night TV?!
Old 29 January 2015, 20:14   #11
Steve T

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post

Oh and Steve, you must know the wrong people! I mean, who can't remember Vids and late-night TV?!
I knew *all* the wrong people... To be fair, most of them don't probably even remember the 90's

I think you're correct about the casting, I'd forgotten about the other host, booth definitely arrived later.
Old 29 January 2015, 21:44   #12
Nobby_UK

There was also a Blonde = Claudia Trimde
Later replaced by Emily (Pervirella) Booth.
Old 31 January 2015, 22:18   #13
Lonewolf10
AMOS Extensions Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Horace View Post
Emily Booth also shows her "talents" in low budget horror movie "Cradle of Fear"
She's credited as "Emily Bouffante" in that, and she's also in "Inferno" - though I have it on DVD I haven't watched it yet (it wouldn't play on my DVD player at the time, but *should* work on my laptop).
Aswell as in "Doghouse" a UK zombie flick (highly recommended!) as a zombie.

According to IMDB she's done quite a few films recently, though I haven't heard of any of them (other than the ones mentioned here).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Horace View Post
If anyone (Lonewolf!) is that much of a fan of her at least, I think I have a DVD of it that came from blockbusters selling off old hire discs. I could probably encode & upload it if wanted!!
Thanks, but my internet connection speed isn't fast enough and I currently don't have sufficient space left on my harddrive either (less than 800MB space left!).
AdSense AdSense