English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 22 November 2015, 02:09   #21
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
this has been shocking list of events, I also backed this film , yet I've had to wait for nearly 5 years and then discover that the film being shown to possible people who did not even back the film , get to see it before the backers do this in my opinion is a disgrace and shouldn't have done that to paying backers, and the perks that have been promised are nowhere to be seen either or what the progress is?.

I've attempted a few times now to find how where things are and what's is required to help this get out there. I'm so dishearten about all of this now, the Amiga years been only a couple of weeks away will possible be everything Viva Amiga could of and should of been? At this stage a digital download would simple be enough to honour the backers of this kickstarter now, but that looks like it's off the table too.

Why is a digital download off the table? Yes, the Amiga years will be probably be definitive so Viva Amiga best get it's skates on.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 22 November 2015, 03:16   #22
Pixel Blender!

Send a message via MSN to Greyfox
Sorry Adrian, what I meant to say was its probably unlikely we will see a digital download of this avalible as there has been not mention of the distribution logistics on how it will made available to the backers or updates, I believe that unfortunately the possible of all the money backers invested is now more than lightly gone on production expenses, travel and accommodation with no foresight to the production of bluray or even DVD releases at the point of fund raising, so until that is addressed I would suspect that Zack will want it distributed via those optic medias before been forces to release it digitally for download.
I would suggest he check out VHX regarding that.

I love to know whats going on? What has happened? And when? We deserve an eta at the stage.
Old 22 November 2015, 03:43   #23

I can't believe that it's been over 4 years since the Kickstarter.
Still waiting, and I really wanted to see it, I have been backer since the beginning and yes, I think digital download would be nice before the physical stuff could be sent.

At this point it is possible that he does not have any funds to deliver on the perks that were promised and he's waiting for something..., because obviously the movie is done.
Old 22 November 2015, 16:40   #24
Zone Friend
Originally Posted by demoniac View Post
Interesting. The reaction was the opposite at the Amiga30 event in the US. Maybe that's partially due to the amount of ex-Commodore staff that was at the event?
I don't think so, there was lots of ex Commodore/Amiga staff at the German event too, including Mical and Haynie.

If anything, it might be down to different tastes: one specific complaint was "too light on actual information" - that sounds like a very German complaint to me. US guys, on the other hand, seem to love pathos. So if he's got (say) Mical telling some heart warming story about what a great family they were and how much fun they had and then somebody stands up and sings the national anthem, the US crowd would be much more likely to enjoy the experience while your average German viewer might be bored to death.

But like somebody already said: let's wait for the finished product before judging it.
Old 07 January 2016, 23:43   #25

A message has appeared that 'distribution' has now been setup. Hoping that it is going to be easy to get a copy outside of the State.

Old 08 January 2016, 07:03   #26
Amiga Collector

In these days there shouldn't be a problem unless living in Nothkorea. I wouldn't understand if you couldn't order it easily in europe.
AdSense AdSense