English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene > Member Introductions

Old 17 January 2015, 02:45   #1
Celebelena

Hello Amiga peeps

Hiya peoples,

I use to be absolutely crazy about the Amiga when I was younger. I used to collect all the demos and make my own little games in Amos. I also dabbled a bit in 68k assembler with Devpac a little and had fun disassembling code in games with Action replay to make amusing things happen which usually resulted in crashing the game. I used to have fun sampling strange noises and making my own awful music in Protracker.

I thought at the time that the Amiga would be forever. I started out with a simple A500 and then about 5 years later got an A1200. I was so gutted when Commodore started failing and eventually went under. How could this happen? I sold my Amigas and I hated the PC's of that era and quickly became disillusioned with where computers were going. I didn't submit and get a PC for 10 years afterwards. There were loads of times I grieved for the glorious days of the Amiga and regretted selling them.

I owned a couple of consoles that were fun but nothing was as much fun as owning an Amiga. It felt like a family member had died. I got into playing guitars and noticed some guitarists on youtube made covers of computer and console game music, it got me thinking about old Amiga games. I got in touch with an old friend I hadn't seen for a while who owned an Amiga when I did and since started nostalically collecting Amiga stuff. I longed to get another Amiga but I felt it just wouldn't be the same as the glory days.

I have since been discovering that there is still quite a scene going with people collecting, modding and enjoying Amigas still. I'll be 40 years old in 2 weeks. Maybe it's a mid life crisis of sorts? But I felt that I just had to get another Amiga. I know it's going to be difficult to start from scratch again. I used to have somewhere in the region of 3,000 floppies. I've bought an A1200 and I'm going to see where my journey into the Amiga world again takes me.

I thought that the Amiga was dead but now I realise it can be forever, it's up to us, the fans and owners, proud owners of this great machine.

AdSense AdSense  
Old 17 January 2015, 02:48   #2
kriz

Good you get the AMiga back again, get some creativity going .. Welcome and stay with the Amiga ... It is indeed forever, for those of us that wants it to ... Even new developments both hardware/software still happens, so its not really dead at all ..
Old 21 January 2015, 11:50   #3
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

Tis true - the Amiga really is forever. Most of my purchases on ebay these days are old and boxed original games that I proudly display in a retro gaming cabinet I have set up in my house.

Good to have you on board. Have fun!
AdSense AdSense