English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 30 April 2015, 15:43   #21
lifeschool
Vroom World Champion!

Lucy Lowe 2-Day Special

Lucy Lowe, daughter of Dave 'Uncle Art' Lowe, will be there on both Saturday and Sunday to lead an audio extravaganza! She's going to be interviewed on the Mainstage (not to be confused with Conservatory Stage, listed above) around 1pm just before Cosplay on both Saturday and Sunday. Then a great selection of music played through the PA!

Uncle Art also has a stand and a whole bunch of stuff to give away over the weekend, so why not catch up with her and check out a few surprises.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ic-original-an
AdSense AdSense  
Old 30 April 2015, 15:44   #22
lifeschool
Vroom World Champion!

Llamasoft TRIPLE BILL Announcement!

We are over the moon to announce that psychedelic code-meister Jeff Minter has 3 amazing tricks up his tie-dyed sleeve, exclusively for visitors to PLAY Blackpool this weekend!

1 – Atari Film Screening Introduction!
We have already announced that PLAY Blackpool will be the venue for the European premiere public screening of a new Atari documentary. When Jeff heard about this he was only too happy to get involved and offer to kick off the screenings with a few anecdotes about the REAL Atari and the Golden Days of the Sunnyvale, CA company.

Tickets for the screenings cost just £5 and all proceeds go to games industry charity GamesAid. Tickets are extremely limited and can be purchased here.

2 – TxK & Virtual Reality Overload!!
Llamasoft have premiered many of their games at PLAY events, including a couple of amazing Oculus Rift games. Well they have excelled themselves this year and will bring 3 Oculus Rift setups AND a Samsung Gear VR.

But the REALLY BIG NEWS on the VR front is that Jeff and Giles will also be showing the COMPLETED version of TxK VR !! (the version that WOULD have been sold, had it not been [so tragically!] withdrawn). This version includes the proper VR bonus rounds as well as all of the levels.

They will even have an extra surprise feature for TxK VR, something that will make it EVEN MORE fun and authentically ‘arcadey’ … !

3 – ‘Ask Me Anything with Jeff Minter” added to talks schedule!!!
To complete this amazing triple bill of announcements, Jeff will also host an Ask Me Anything talk on the Conservatory stage at 3pm on Monday. So if you have a burning question for Jeff … What game do you wish you had made? Who is your favourite game designer? Who would win in a game of chess – a llama or a camel? … the choice is yours!

Check out the full schedule for PLAY Blackpool talks [previous page] to see who else will be appearing on the conservatory stage.

Only 2 Days to go!!

http://www.playblackpool.com/
https://twitter.com/ReplayEvents/
https://www.facebook.com/ReplayEvents/
Old 01 May 2015, 21:02   #23
lifeschool
Vroom World Champion!

Tomorrow!!

The Amiga Years visits Blackpool!

Very exciting news for all those attending on Saturday is that Ant and Nic, makers of From Bedrooms to Billions, and the makers of upcoming The Amiga Years, will be wandering the stands and chatting to all those involved in the scene. Why not wear a special Amiga T-shirt so we can all recognise each other.

"Nicola and I are popping to the 'Play' Event in Blackpool this Saturday, maybe we’ll see some of you there!" -Ant
Old 18 May 2015, 23:31   #24
amiga1200gamer

Ive been meaning to post on this thread since the bank holiday.

Just a shout out to say THANKS , id never heard of the replay event until i read it here first. Since im only 1hr30 from blackpool i drove down on the saturday to check it out.

Had a real good day, was good to see some Amigas set up and being played by people. Was hoping some of the retro sellers in the market hall would have had some big box amiga/pc games but sadly it was mostly console games toys and swords?!?!

I did pick up my Amiga Visual Compendium on the funstock store (which is a beautiful book) and sitting at the bar listening to the oliver twins talking Dizzy made me a little dizzy myself!
Old 19 May 2015, 13:18   #25
BarryB
Amigaholic

That's the main reason I didn't go to this years event, lots of cheap tat and consoles rather proper retro stalls for C64/Amiga/Speccy etc. Pity, but that's how these events seem to have gotten now!
AdSense AdSense