English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 18 December 2014, 20:40   #21
amiman99

It's possible that CF0 icon/file is not properly edited, can you send it as an attachment so we can examine it.
Or if you feel brave you can edit it yourself with a text editor.
Make sure device name and filesystem if correct.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 19 December 2014, 07:58   #22
Hewitson

Quote:
Originally Posted by modrobert View Post
On my A1200 with WB 3.1 I have to mount the CF card (attached to adapter) in the PCMCIA slot using this command in an Amiga shell:

mount CF0:

After that the workbench icon shows up.
That's because you have CF0 stored in Storage/DosDrivers. Moving it to Devs/DosDrivers will make it mount automatically when WB is started.
Old 19 December 2014, 16:11   #23
modrobert
old bearded fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post
That's because you have CF0 stored in Storage/DosDrivers. Moving it to Devs/DosDrivers will make it mount automatically when WB is started.
OK, thanks for the explanation. I rarely use the CF card though, have WiFi card in the PCMCIA slot most of the time, so manual mount is fine.
Old 24 December 2014, 00:45   #24
minke

All is well at last. Got me a sandisk ultra 2 and everything worked a treat. I actually got hold of zip files for all the games and unzipped them to the card. Just had to plug into the pcmcia, show all, double click the white box and finally drag the file straight over. No lha commands to install each game, which would have taken a while. Finally have around 2gb of the best Amiga games. Thanks for all your help folks, glad I stuck with it.
Old 24 December 2014, 09:56   #25
Hewitson

Quote:
Originally Posted by minke View Post
No lha commands to install each game, which would have taken a while.
I'm pretty sure you can do an "lha x #?.lha". #? is the AmigaDOS equivalent of * in UNIX, or *.* in Windows/MS-DOS.
Old 26 December 2014, 13:20   #26
Photon

Didn't read all the way, but it sounds like what a friend had. Plain file copies would just get corrupted a bit in. WinUAE had trouble writing to several correctly Amiga-formatted CF cards, some incompatibility with his CF reader. The cards were set up on Amiga and WB disks installed. Then he wanted to get the bulk of files over and it just wouldn't work. In the end he had to copy the files to a PC-formatted card (just unzipped the files outside WinUAE) and copy from that to the Amiga-formatted card on his Amiga.

Now if the CF card is PC formatted you don't need WinUAE for file copy, just drag them over and you can use 7zip to extract .lha files as if they were zip files.

If you're using ze godforsaken .hdf files, then before anything just create a "Harddisk directory" in WinUAE and copy them over so you have proper files on your PC instead.
AdSense AdSense