English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 03 December 2014, 21:13   #1
thekelvingreen

WHDLoad help for a confused person!

Hello all! A few weeks ago I uncovered my old A1200 and I decided to fix it up so I could use it again. I bought a flash drive from Amigakit and got that installed, then I put Workbench on there and that's good, then I installed Syndicate and I've been having a jolly old time Persuadertronning people. All is good!

There's an unregistered version of WHDLoad on the drive -- I believe this is standard for Amigakit gear -- but I have no idea how to start using it as I can't find any step-by-step documentation.

I think I have installed WHDLoad; I wasn't given the option of the basic install and had to pick the intermediate option.

What do I do next? How do I install my games?

I'm sorry if this is bleeding obvious but I can't get my head around what to do. I thank you for your patience in advance.

AdSense AdSense  
Old 03 December 2014, 21:22   #2
ajk

The easiest way is to grab games from www.whdownload.com. You can start with Syndicate just to try it out

If you want to install from your original game disks, find the correct installer on www.whdload.de.
Old 03 December 2014, 21:39   #3
thekelvingreen

Thanks ajk, but I need a bit more help. I have an original disk of Lemmings; if I download an installer for it, what do I do next?

I am a beginner and need really basic instructions, sorry.

Old 03 December 2014, 21:53   #4
ajk

Transfer the installer to the A1200, unpack it, run it, it will ask you for the floppy (or floppies). Can't go more step by step than that really because I'm too lazy to actually do that myself, I just get the pre-installed games
AdSense AdSense