English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 05 December 2002, 18:27   #1
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

Question Games youd like to see as films and who would star.

What games do you would you like to see film versions of and who would you choose to play the main characters?

Id like to see a film version of The Chaos Engine and Id have starring in it:

The Gentleman: Michael Biehn
The Navvie: Robert DeNiro
The Brigand: Viggo Mortenson
The Preacher: Christopher Walken
The Thug: That big guy outta The Green Mile (?)
The Mercenary: Laurence Fishburne
AdSense AdSense  
Old 05 December 2002, 18:32   #2
meddy

Secret of the Monkey Island starring Michael Vartan (Alias) as Guybrush
Speedball with a lot of stars to make a full team

Old 05 December 2002, 18:32   #3
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Michael Clark Duncan

gotta go
Old 05 December 2002, 18:36   #4
jmmijo

Quote:
Originally posted by Shatterhand
Michael Clark Duncan

gotta go
Yes he was also in Armegeddon and The Whole Nine Yards

As for the topic I'd like to see "Shadow of the Beast" made into a movie starring:

Ahhhhnold of course
Old 05 December 2002, 18:41   #5
NytroX86

Ooooh what a great idea. I'll have a think about it and post again but for now I'll just ask who is Viggo Mortesen, what is he in? I know the others though and I think you need somebody stronger and dumber to play Navvie. I see him as being like Jesse Ventura from Predator, who plays Blane, the guy with the Minigun. Nice choices for Gentleman and Preacher, but I reckon you could come up with a better Thug. How about that nutter in Lock Stock who works for the strip club owner(Hatchet Harry, or is that the owners name?). He was one mean lookin mutha' . I reckon Fishburne would probably be a good madman Mercenary, at the moment I can't think of anyone better.
Well theres some stuff for you to think about for now Dast

Old 05 December 2002, 18:43   #6
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Viggo Mortensen plays Aragorn/Strider in The Lord Of The Rings...
Old 05 December 2002, 18:46   #7
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

Viggo Mortenson is Aragorn in The new Lord of the rings films.
I picked DeNiro because I think hes a good actor and could pull it off although I agree that Ventura is an equally good choice.
The guy from lock stock you suggested did actually cross my mind but I think hes a bit old personally.

EDIT: Cody you beat me to the reply with the Viggo question.
That was some speed! Did you smell a LOTR question?
Old 05 December 2002, 18:50   #8
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

I just spend the entire day refreshing the EAB to see new posts... NOT!
Old 05 December 2002, 19:33   #9
NytroX86

I just checked my DVD and it says Predator is a 1987 film, so Jesse Ventura is probably too old to play Navvie . Still I would be happy to see DeNiro playing him. Vinnie Jones might make a good Thug, but that depends on how you rate his acting skills. I thought of a really obvious choice for Gentlemen, Pierce 'Bond' Brosnan, but I think hes probably too 'big' status wise and might spoil the film, whereas Biehn seems quite down to earth. Dammit I really want someone to make a Chaos Engine film now .
Another game I wouldn't mind seeing a film of is UFO: Enemy Unknown. I think it would be hard to pull off a successful film, but if done properly it could be great. Initially a thought of a few characters I'd wanna see in it but I realised they have already played main characters in the Babylon 5 and Stargate series', so its doubtful they would want to act in a UFO film.

Last edited by NytroX86; 05 December 2002 at 19:41.

Old 05 December 2002, 20:08   #10
Konrad

Quote:
Originally posted by meddy
Speedball with a lot of stars to make a full team
Wasn't "ROLLERBALL" some sort of Speedball-Movie ?
Old 05 December 2002, 20:15   #11
NytroX86

I think Speedball was based on a 1980-something film called Rollerball with James Caan, which has recently had a remake (I think). Then again maybe Speedball was out first, I don't know.

Old 05 December 2002, 22:28   #12
Antiriad
The Sacred Armour Of

Rollerball was a movie from the mid seventies with indeed James Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

And you may well note that the first guy out of the three in the game bears a startling resemblance to him.

I always though the Chaos Engine would make a a great film.
Shadow Of The Beast equally.
Old 05 December 2002, 22:49   #13
jmmijo

I can think of another game I'd like to see in a movie, but it's not an Amiga game

Diablo/Diablo II would make an excellent film, the thing is you can pick from many different actors/actresses as these games have many different characters that can be shown
Old 06 December 2002, 00:39   #14
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Metal Gear series would be a great movie, athoulgh Ive thought, thought, and couldnt come with a name to who should play Solid Snake.

Duke Nukem would be a cool movie too, and there's an actor who was born to do it: Kurt Russel.

I thought about The Secret of Monkey Island too, and I think Rick Moranis should play Guybrush Threepwood, John Goodman should play LeChuck, and Geena Davis could play the governor (She also already made a pirate movie, so she would be at home ). John Leguizamo could play that guy you rescue from the prision to make your crew (I forgot his name).

Snatcher also would made an excellent movie. Kevin Spacey could play Gillian Seed.

I am right now in a fair, "working". The university where I work has a stand here, so I am here, if the computer stops working, I have to fix it. It worked smoothly so far, and I am walking around, having lots of fun. Its completely off-topic, but I just wanted to share this with you guys . And also explains why I cant type too much, so I'll come with more ideas later.
Old 06 December 2002, 00:42   #15
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

There was a rumour that a Metal Gear film WAS actually planned and that Hugh Jackman (X-Men 'Wolverine') was pencilled in as Snake. Quite a good choice I think.
Old 06 December 2002, 00:58   #16
NytroX86

Quote:
Duke Nukem would be a cool movie
It should be a cool movie, and this one is already under development. Check out this, Duke Nukem: The Official Movie Website. http://www.dukenukemthemovie.com/

Old 06 December 2002, 04:30   #17
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Metal Gear could be a series, like Lethal Weapon... and yes, Hugh Jackman would be a great actor to play Snake.

I've already heard about the Duke Nukem movie, and that Ben Affleck would play Duke (Completely stupid choice). Kurt Russel is THE MAN to play Duke Nukem.. he may be a little too old (51 years old), but age isn't stopping Arnold Schwarzenneger of making T3.

I think Another World could do a hell of a movie, that would break new grounds on hollywood, bringing the first action movie without any dialogue, and yet would be damn good. Johnny Depp or maybe Mark Whalberg could play the main role, and again Michael Clark Duncan could play the big alien.

I think also APIDYA would be a great movie
Old 06 December 2002, 04:40   #18
jmmijo

How about in the FRP genre, say something like the Ultima Series, Bards Tale, Wizardry etc...

Who can you see playing in these universes ???
Old 06 December 2002, 09:21   #19
rattus

pfft. forget your silly Duke Nukem movies...

what we really want to see are some movies based on Bungie's Marathon series!
Old 06 December 2002, 09:44   #20
Drake1009

Problem with Another world is that people who know what the hell it is will also know the entire plot of the movie.

And I believe there are actually a PacMan the movie in the works as well.

How about Lode runner then? Or for the ones here who like a bloody movie, how about Blood and Blood 2?

The Ultima series would indeed make great movies as they have a good long plot to start with, or at least plot which takes a bit of time to complete. Just stick to one of the plots instead of trying to make one yourself like they did with Final Fantasy. And use actors damn you.
AdSense AdSense