English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 29 August 2004, 19:19   #61
Marcuz
Wurk???

mmm i don't know if NitroX86 hangs around still, but i didn't answered to him... well i think that the most honest answer is still my first post up there. at least for me they concern much more passing time because you are bored than true amusement.
aww it's cool to see that time pass and you keep being that perfect being spreading your rays of light around you like a nice spring sun and a one you can count on as usually! oh no need to thank me people

aehm anyway i would like to add a couple of games that i would like to see sequelled (i don't really know if this word exist, if it don't, well just pay me the rights if you use it from now on):

Perhelion
Legends of Valour

The first being the rpg with the best text output ever to my knowledge (not really the script that is kinda straight forward) and the one with the best ambient, background, 2d graphic i've ever seen. but please mind that is the text the most important part, believe me it's like a little exploit in digital entertainment of that beautiful mechanism of telling, the suggestion, the suspance of incredulity... really it should be saved if only for that! then you have great music and a intro, a fair gameplay etc
The latter, as written elsewere today, well it didn't had really a chance, did it? it could have been a masterpiece if not for the bugs and poor graphics, if only amiga had a better time later on and people would have support it beyond the pretty evidents flaws, a second coming would maybe have been great
AdSense AdSense  
Old 29 August 2004, 20:29   #62
StarEye
Zone Friend

I hope you're all aware of the up and coming followups to the classic amiga games?

Geoff Crammond is supposed to be working on Stunt Car Racer Pro, an official sequel to the classic title. Haven' heard much about that one lately.

Sid Meier's Pirates! will be released for Xbox and PC in November.

Giana Sisters already have an unofficial sequel with updated graphics, but still 2D. It's called Giana Returns or something and there should be a Dreamcast version and a couple of other versions. I only tried the Dreamcast version, and I think it's great. Still the first one that's the best too.
Other than that, we all know the actual sequel to Giana Sisters is Hard'n'Heavry.
Old 29 August 2004, 21:05   #63
Eny-
R3tr0 G4m3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guede
Pirates - This game is the one game that I find myself playing regularly even 15 years after having bought the original C64 version (I also bought it on Amiga and PC). Usually I get bored of games pretty bloody quickly but this is a game I will never tire of playing.
Pirates 2 is due to this Q4 2004 for the PC
Old 29 August 2004, 22:02   #64
Marcuz
Wurk???

mmm i was considering what you said guys after have a look at the official site of Pirates (a quick one, and i'm not impressed, the 3d style is kinda old and cartoonesque, but i hope that the gameplay will stich to the old one... what 's the word for "the first impression you get in entering a new ambient and being surrounded by it: if it's natural and flamboyant new as the original pirates, this is great, else the ambient is just another one..." ok you don't know... how pity) and then...
then it occurred to me that it's like the year between 1994 and the present are just simply something else; ok of course they are, someone may say; but let me explain: who, when asked for naming a sequel, really give corpse for the idea around the name and try to imagine how relly would it be? i bet that most of the time, if you do, you get out with the features it would have now, as Sid Meier does now for Pirates.
what if, in a parallel occurrency, the "amiga taste" wich may as well comprehend atari's and others, the taste in gameplay/interface(the concept of graphic and sound are in there too) of the half dozen of years that we consider classic for amiga (not so arbitrary, it's the period for many of us in wich we approached to computers and the similar, and/or the time of our adolescence, looking at a poll about our age here around again these days), what if this taste and sense i've said would have been evolved slower and not have become retrò? maybe it is not anyway...
just a thought, but i think that the sequels could as well be approached, pursued with a different scope. mah
Old 30 August 2004, 11:37   #65
EmuChicken

Most of that last post didnt make sense, Marco- erm, what? (to about 70% of the post which was marco-english = bits I understood- lol)

I'd like to see.....

Moonstone sequel- in the style of a mix of MMORPG (or whatever you call it - without the monthly fee) + action :-) that'd kick so much ass

Supercars 3 - Come on ppl! So many people loved the Supercars series of games- does anyone have any idea where Magnetic Fields went? Maybe as a choice between 2d + and 3d would be fun too- you know, traditional modes + inside car etc ;-)

It Came From the Desert 3 - hehe, think of the amount of ambience you can put into this game nowadays! The first game scared me sh!!@less when I was a kid- with a harsh plot - maybe this time we could perhaps change the story everytime? it'd be nice to have something new happen everytime you start a new game - the original had things only happen at certain times :-E

Transplant 2 - love to see a sequel- thats why me and a m8 are working on it :-) http://members.lycos.co.uk/transplant3d/

otherwise, any companies needing a designer / modeller / multimedia guy contact me :-) hehe
Old 30 August 2004, 11:52   #66
stainy
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to stainy Send a message via MSN to stainy
Would of liked a proper Player Manager 2... not the effort that came out dire stuff
Old 30 August 2004, 12:39   #67
JudasEZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan
I'd like to see a sequel to my beloved Great Giana Sisters . Not in crappy 3D, just a classic 2D jump'n'run with a lot of levels, nice graphics, great Hülsbeck sound and more mean enemies
what about Lollypop??

http://hol.abime.net/?id=909
Old 30 August 2004, 14:17   #68
StarEye
Zone Friend

w00t! How come I never ever heard of this game??? I was wide awake and followed the amiga games market very closely back in '95, yet this game has passed me without as much as a sound.

It looks pretty nice. Is it any good? I need to try that one, wonder if it's in Decrator's whdload releases.
Old 30 August 2004, 20:49   #69
Marcuz
Wurk???

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmuChicken
Most of that last post didnt make sense, Marco- erm, what? (to about 70% of the post which was marco-english = bits I understood- lol)
i like flattery
Old 31 August 2004, 13:39   #70
Melroc

Send a message via ICQ to Melroc
What about a remake/sequel of GODS... thinking about new intelligent & complex puzzles, some new foes and better graphics.
I mean we all know the "Head over Heels" remake, don't we?!
Same quality would be really nice *G*
Old 14 September 2004, 04:32   #71
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

I would love a sequel of Waxworks and Hired Guns.
Too bad they canned Hired Guns 2, same goes for Turrican 3D.
Old 14 September 2004, 09:19   #72
wlcina

Hired Guns! what about create a new HiredGuns2 based on Hiredguns (edited) I will move it to a new thread ;-)
Old 14 September 2004, 16:44   #73
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroplay
I would love a sequel of Waxworks and Hired Guns.
Too bad they canned....., same goes for Turrican 3D.
Not according to Manfred Trenz-according to him it would've been utter crud to have released it!
Old 14 September 2004, 17:21   #74
Firthy2002
2nd era...

Send a message via ICQ to Firthy2002 Send a message via AIM to Firthy2002 Send a message via MSN to Firthy2002 Send a message via Yahoo to Firthy2002 Send a message via Skype™ to Firthy2002
I want Thornado already! I think we Turrican fans have waited long enough!
AdSense AdSense