English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 17 March 2015, 02:31   #141
fondpondforever

I'm still waiting to purchase, codenamed *Pinkie Platforms*, (-; the Commodore Amiga 4000T with Pinkie being played on a 1960 Monitor on an A1 Poster Size Print? Any idea of how much it will cost yet? Thanks
AdSense AdSense  
Old 17 March 2015, 02:42   #142
Tommes
Pixelwizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fondpondforever View Post
I'm still waiting to purchase, codenamed *Pinkie Platforms*, (-; the Commodore Amiga 4000T with Pinkie being played on a 1960 Monitor on an A1 Poster Size Print? Any idea of how much it will cost yet? Thanks
No, that is all still in development. Progress is steady but EDIT: not fast slow (OMG)

Last edited by Tommes; 17 March 2015 at 19:56.
Old 17 March 2015, 14:53   #143
fondpondforever

Ok, cool.
Old 21 March 2015, 06:16   #144
Tommes
Pixelwizard

"A picture is worth a thousand words"

Old 21 March 2015, 18:47   #145
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Send a message via Skype™ to Retrofan
I really like them, specially the third one. Sadly it is impossible to make it fit 800x600
Old 21 March 2015, 22:49   #146
Tommes
Pixelwizard

Could do some 4:3 images also ...
Old 22 March 2015, 00:35   #147
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

That would be very nice, thanks .
Old 24 March 2015, 17:09   #148
brett71

Seeing those images bring back a lot of old memories....
Old 03 April 2015, 01:19   #149
eXeler0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommes View Post
"A picture is worth a thousand words"

Awsome work Tommes, I work with 3d too, but its mostly polygons. Haven't used any parametric modeling tool for at least a decade (Catia v5, Studio Tools, ProEngineer etc..), these days its all 3ds max and although entirely possible, it would suck to try to model at this detail level in 3ds max. Autodesk Inventor looks like a good choice..

Now, to my question: Where do you get your input data? Do you measure a physical model with Calipers, do you have point clouds from super detailed scans? Or isn't the model physically accurate? Meaning, it looks about right but isn't *really* accurate.. To me, it would seem that getting the measurement totally right would take longer than the actual modeling part ;-)

I'm asking this, because there is another thread going on about recreating a new plastic case for the A1200. A physically fully accurate model of the case would be a good starting point for a "Open Source" re-design of the case. (Removing copyrighted stuff such as the Amiga logo, but possibly improving other stuff such as making room for a slim CD drive, USB ports... whatever..
I was actually considering doing a photogrammetric 3d model of the A1200 but it could be tough to get a totally reliable model that is equally correct from all directions. (We're talking sub-millimeter precision here)

/eX
Old 03 April 2015, 01:44   #150
Tommes
Pixelwizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXeler0 View Post
Awsome work Tommes, I work with 3d too, but its mostly polygons. Haven't used any parametric modeling tool for at least a decade (Catia v5, Studio Tools, ProEngineer etc..), these days its all 3ds max and although entirely possible, it would suck to try to model at this detail level in 3ds max. Autodesk Inventor looks like a good choice..
Hi /eX,

thanks a lot. At least you could model the stuff in sub-d, but that wouldn't be very accurate either only good for animation and reducing polys in the scene. Yep, with any big CAD package it is very easy to reproduce former CAD data. Way faster and more accurate than in any poly modeler. Also I could convert which level of detail I want to have and I could always go back to my parametric model to do changes

Quote:
Now, to my question: Where do you get your input data? Do you measure a physical model with Calipers, do you have point clouds from super detailed scans? Or isn't the model physically accurate? Meaning, it looks about right but isn't *really* accurate.. To me, it would seem that getting the measurement totally right would take longer than the actual modeling part ;-)
I measure the physical model. And yes, it totally takes time to measure correct. So modelling or better designing the part take one third and the other two thirds are measuring. They are at least accurate down to 0.05 mm incl. fault tolerance.

Quote:
I'm asking this, because there is another thread going on about recreating a new plastic case for the A1200. A physically fully accurate model of the case would be a good starting point for a "Open Source" re-design of the case. (Removing copyrighted stuff such as the Amiga logo, but possibly improving other stuff such as making room for a slim CD drive, USB ports... whatever..
I was actually considering doing a photogrammetric 3d model of the A1200 but it could be tough to get a totally reliable model that is equally correct from all directions. (We're talking sub-millimeter precision here)

/eX
Well this is doable. I designed the C64C case from scratch to be able to render the transparent version I had to model all inside details. Watch here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/tommes...7649091933423/
But it took me quite some days to reproduce the complete case. So it will take as long for the A1200 case as for the C64C case Maybe it's a good start to model the real thing and export a step or parasolid model which everyone could import in the one or other way. Also some poly formats like obj for the poly modelers would be possible to have a case in 3D to improve it. And later if there is a version which suits the majority it could be transfered to the parametric model. And maybe a kickstarter in the future ...

Tommes
Old 03 April 2015, 02:07   #151
Tommes
Pixelwizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
That would be very nice, thanks .
Hi Retrofan, here is the 4:3 version of your favourite

Here is a 8k UHD Version: https://www.flickr.com/photos/tommes...24030/sizes/o/

Last edited by Tommes; 03 April 2015 at 03:58.
Old 04 April 2015, 02:04   #152
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Marvellous

I will include it on my also marvellous 8.4 AKReal update that I've got almost ready, including now an option to change from 16 colors AGA to RTG Picasso IV with two clicks and also AfAOS as a working option for the 24Bit Themes of AmiKit.

So I will include your wallpaper as 16 colors, maybe 256, and original for RTG .

Thanks a lot!

EDIT: Ok I've found the link.

Last edited by Retrofan; 04 April 2015 at 02:24.
Old 04 April 2015, 02:26   #153
Tommes
Pixelwizard

Quote:
Marvellous

I will include it on my also marvellous 8.4 AKReal update that I've got almost ready, including now an option to change from 16 colors AGA to RTG Picasso IV with two clicks and also AfAOS as a working option for the 24Bit Themes of AmiKit.

So I will include your wallpaper as 16 colors, maybe 256, and original for RTG .

Thanks a lot!

EDIT: Sorry that image hasn't much quality (and I have to resize it to 800x600) and I don't find the image with that size on your link.
Simply klick on the image itself. Then you get to flickr, there you could download the image upto 2k in 4:3
Old 04 April 2015, 21:41   #154
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Yep, sorry it's a bit tricky but now I've got it. Thank you.

http://hostthenpost.org/uploads/6aa2...e6ece51e97.png

Edit: Tommes I see you like the C64. What about a similar setup but with a C64 breadbin, a datassette and what you want to add (for example a Max Headroom Guide to Life book on the table, or another C= magazine)? You can take ideas from this video too [ Show youtube player ]

Best with an 800x600 version
Just guessing.

Last edited by Retrofan; 11 April 2015 at 00:24.
Old 10 April 2015, 03:01   #155
fondpondforever

Any luck on my request yet? Thanks.
Old 10 April 2015, 03:10   #156
Tommes
Pixelwizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fondpondforever View Post
Any luck on my request yet? Thanks.
Still need some patience. Thanks
Old 11 April 2015, 00:04   #157
Frog

@Tommes : excellent work !
Old 11 April 2015, 02:08   #158
fondpondforever

I can't wait any longer!
Old 11 April 2015, 12:36   #159
lesta_smsc

Quote:
Yep, sorry it's a bit tricky but now I've got it. Thank you.

http://hostthenpost.org/uploads/6aa2...e6ece51e97.png

Edit: Tommes I see you like the C64. What about a similar setup but with a C64 breadbin, a datassette and what you want to add (for example a Max Headroom Guide to Life book on the table, or another C= magazine)? You can take ideas from this video too [ Show youtube player ]

Best with an 800x600 version
Just guessing.
That is pretty funky! I was wondering what those two circular pieces was for! I fascinated by how much more could be achieved on the C64 and I thought it was just for loading tapes lol.
Old 05 May 2015, 09:10   #160
seb132
Happy Life

Send a message via MSN to seb132 Send a message via Yahoo to seb132 Send a message via Skype™ to seb132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommes View Post
Well, I should make a collection for 1280x1024, 1024x768, 800x600. Will think of the dimensions next time.

1200? Ok, let's see ...

I don't think I have an A600 anymore. I had one once.
I'm happy to donate an A600 for you to model one...

Amazing work, really...

To follow-up on the idea of doing personalised work for EAB happy Amiguys, how about this one: you make a nice setup of a classic Amiga on a desktop (A4000, A1200, whatever) with its screen, keyboard, mouse, etc. and the beautiful lighting of your choice and we guys are providing a screen shot of OUR workbench (or our favourite game) in a decent resolution for you to map on the monitor ?
Basically you do ONE setup, and by just mapping a different picture each time you can render "quickly" any customised picture...
With the beautiful glossy effect you are able to render the monitors with it should look astonishing...
Of course you should provide a good resolution picture so we can have it professionally printed locally or through internet. I would pay some reasonable $$$ for that... For example on that scenery:

AdSense AdSense