English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 04 March 2015, 12:11   #121
Tommes
Pixelwizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fondpondforever View Post
Tommes, I would prefer to select a picture that you created rather than me uploading one onto your website. Thanks
Hehe. I mean you could change the picture which is shown on the screen if a monitor is there. So there is the possibility of individualize my rendering with some own stuff.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 04 March 2015, 12:35   #122
invent
pixels

Great work as always Tommes
Old 04 March 2015, 13:04   #123
fondpondforever

Great, so is there any chance of Creating a Render of a Commodore Amiga 4000T with the Commodore Amiga 1960 Monitor, with the game Pinkie being played on it. How long will it take you to do and much would A1 Poster Size cost? Thanks mate.
Old 04 March 2015, 13:36   #124
Tommes
Pixelwizard

That will be possible. But this whole thing will take a little while. But I'll keep you informed.
Old 04 March 2015, 18:24   #125
fondpondforever

Ok, thanks.
Old 15 March 2015, 05:34   #126
Tommes
Pixelwizard

Still not Amiga, but the older uncle of the A1010 or grandpa or simply the 1541-II
Rendered with LightWave/Octane. Rendertime: 2:30 minutes; Path Tracing-Kernel; 1,000 Samples.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Floppy_1541-II_001.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	43580   Click image for larger version

Name:	Floppy_1541-II_002.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	167.9 KB
ID:	43581   Click image for larger version

Name:	Floppy_1541-II_003.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	43582  
Old 15 March 2015, 12:05   #127
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Send a message via Skype™ to Retrofan
Nice one. I will use the first cutted to fit 800x600
Old 15 March 2015, 13:20   #128
Franchute13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommes View Post
Still not Amiga, but the older uncle of the A1010 or grandpa or simply the 1541-II
Rendered with LightWave/Octane. Rendertime: 2:30 minutes; Path Tracing-Kernel; 1,000 Samples.
Aplausos amigo!

Hello.
In the picture
http://eab.abime.net/attachment.php?...2&d=1426390430
There as an effect of dirt on the units?
Congratulations !, excellent job.
Old 15 March 2015, 14:44   #129
Tommes
Pixelwizard

Thanks all. To achieve the slightly dirty look the node setup was a little more extensive than usual. Also attached a wireframe shot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Plastics_Case.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	440.7 KB
ID:	43587   Click image for larger version

Name:	LW_1541-II_Screenshot.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	532.4 KB
ID:	43588  
Old 15 March 2015, 16:41   #130
Amiten

So good! Really tommes you are talent in this 3d world, superb manera really great pics....

Also I goona used in muy fab wallpaper so brillant.

Thanks for share.

All the best
Amiten
Old 15 March 2015, 17:30   #131
jPV

Tommes: how about a little collection of all main Amiga models on the white (or alpha transparent) background? Suitable for printing to white paper etc. It would be very useful for user groups etc for presentation material for example. We've made a small leaflet ourselves with a short Amiga history which we give to people on our events, and we really could use better images with consistent look for it too.

And free to use set would be useful in many other situations too, like for webpages, Scala presentations etc for hobbyists and user groups.
Old 15 March 2015, 22:19   #132
Tommes
Pixelwizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jPV View Post
Tommes: how about a little collection of all main Amiga models on the white (or alpha transparent) background? Suitable for printing to white paper etc. It would be very useful for user groups etc for presentation material for example. We've made a small leaflet ourselves with a short Amiga history which we give to people on our events, and we really could use better images with consistent look for it too.

And free to use set would be useful in many other situations too, like for webpages, Scala presentations etc for hobbyists and user groups.
That is actually a good idea.

EDIT: Btw. here is the 3d model of the Amiga 3000 without the filets for use in LightWave for Amiga.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Amiga3000_LWO5.zip (16.5 KB, 50 views)

Last edited by Tommes; 15 March 2015 at 22:37.
Old 15 March 2015, 23:49   #133
LuMan
Amigan - an loving it!!

Quote:
Stunning. 'nuff said.
Old 16 March 2015, 03:35   #134
fondpondforever

Not bad mate, how's the Commodore Amiga 4000T render going?

Last edited by fondpondforever; 17 March 2015 at 02:20.
Old 16 March 2015, 05:43   #135
klx300r

Eek

@ Tommes

I know I've said it before but just absolutely amazing work with Lightwave! Inspiration indeed to start messing once again with LW but alas spare time is always my enemy
Old 16 March 2015, 14:54   #136
fondpondforever

Happy

Pretty Good Renderings, would look better if the Hardware had distinctive glossy or matte texturing with a background like Morpho Butterflies and Candy Canes.
Old 16 March 2015, 15:27   #137
lesta_smsc

Quote:
Thanks all. To achieve the slightly dirty look the node setup was a little more extensive than usual. Also attached a wireframe shot.
Talk about attention to detail! I actually noticed this on the image before you posted this and wondered how you managed to do that!
Old 16 March 2015, 15:47   #138
Steve
Kickstarter Addict!

Tommes, I wonder is it possible to make money using Lightwave by working from home? What do you think? How good do you have to be? I'm playing around with Lightwave 11 in my spare time and quite enjoy it. Would love to do some 3D modelling for a living eventually. At the moment I'm learning using the old Lightwave 5 videos that are available on the EAB File Server.
Old 16 March 2015, 16:17   #139
Tommes
Pixelwizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesta_smsc View Post
Talk about attention to detail! I actually noticed this on the image before you posted this and wondered how you managed to do that!
You need some specular maps to change randomly the glossiness of the surface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Tommes, I wonder is it possible to make money using Lightwave by working from home? What do you think? How good do you have to be? I'm playing around with Lightwave 11 in my spare time and quite enjoy it. Would love to do some 3D modelling for a living eventually. At the moment I'm learning using the old Lightwave 5 videos that are available on the EAB File Server.
Well, biggest disadvantage if you work from home is the transfer of data from and to you. Even with a really fast internet connections it could be no fun at all. On the other hand if you do complete projects with your clients than this wouldn't be an issue as you only submit final renderings as JPGs or videos as mp4s. If you want to work for advertsing agencies I think it would be better to use C4D, Maya or 3DSMax. But there are always companies around which uses LightWave (I do). When it comes down to rendering you could use services like rebus or garagefarm. So no need for an own renderfarm. Well if you are skilled enough go out and make contacts to companies which are in need of some nice CGI
Old 16 March 2015, 16:50   #140
Steve
Kickstarter Addict!

Quote:
Well, biggest disadvantage if you work from home is the transfer of data from and to you. Even with a really fast internet connections it could be no fun at all. On the other hand if you do complete projects with your clients than this wouldn't be an issue as you only submit final renderings as JPGs or videos as mp4s. If you want to work for advertsing agencies I think it would be better to use C4D, Maya or 3DSMax. But there are always companies around which uses LightWave (I do). When it comes down to rendering you could use services like rebus or garagefarm. So no need for an own renderfarm. Well if you are skilled enough go out and make contacts to companies which are in need of some nice CGI
Ah ok thanks for the info. I have a pretty quick web connection so that isn't a problem. I need to keep playing with it first to see if I can do anything decent. I tried a complex Victorian house a few months ago and that was quite difficult. I was going off floor plan sketches which weren't to scale so it went a bit screwy and I gave up with it. I will start smaller like simple furniture and things like that. I have actually been using Lightwave on and off for years now and implemented my own IFF/LWO2 file reader class in C++ for loading Lightwave objects into OpenGL environments.
AdSense AdSense