English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 16 October 2014, 15:38   #41
ADz
A mighty pirate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym View Post
This is the point. There's virtually no difference, so why keep creating threads when they'll all share similar content
For the same reason you dont lump CD32 into an A1200 specific thread.

A gaming tablet is an all-in-one device and although you can achieve same with external pads etc the topci was about a gaming tablet, hence the picture. Speaking about Android emulation in general would just go off-topic.

I suppose it would depend on OP's intentions. I for one assumed it was to talks specifically about gaming tablet models etc so would be good for others to review their gaming tablets. Now you're saying that anybody can talk about any Android device so will just turn into a mess and off-topic.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 16 October 2014, 16:50   #42
TCD
Global Moderator

The reasoning to keep it (for now) in one thread is to not clog up the Retrogaming General Discussion subforum with threads about every specific mobile device type. It is indeed not the optimal solution, but given the number of posts during the last week in this thread it isn't a huge issue either. Eventually there (hopefully) will be a better place to discuss this and there won't be a need to keep things in one thread then.
Old 16 October 2014, 19:35   #43
seuden
uber cool demi god

Anyone tried Amiga emulation on an Android smart watch? :-D
Old 17 October 2014, 09:11   #44
BaldMonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADz View Post
You can connect a bluetooth and USB keyboard to just about any Android device, not just consoles. Same goes for mice, gamepads and USB hard drives.
Yeah, I know. I should have mentioned that most of these handheld consoles DON'T have bluetooth... Some support dongles and USB OTG though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADz View Post
For the same reason you dont lump CD32 into an A1200 specific thread.

A gaming tablet is an all-in-one device and although you can achieve same with external pads etc the topci was about a gaming tablet, hence the picture. Speaking about Android emulation in general would just go off-topic.

I suppose it would depend on OP's intentions. I for one assumed it was to talks specifically about gaming tablet models etc so would be good for others to review their gaming tablets. Now you're saying that anybody can talk about any Android device so will just turn into a mess and off-topic.
I got no beef with talking about other Android stuff in here. I just made the thread to see why there's never been a mention of this stuff... Well, that I could see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seuden View Post
Anyone tried Amiga emulation on an Android smart watch? :-D
Ahahaha. That would be... Interesting.
Old 17 October 2014, 16:26   #45
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Stick out tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldMonk View Post
Certainly

Well, the product is basically just an Android tablet. But instead of needing to purchase a bluetooth controller to play games, it has them built in.

They've been making them for a few years now in China, making them very cheap for what they are... But yeah, some of them have a few issues. Mine included.
Also, being from China, customer service is relatively non-existent after the purchase.

You can buy them from a LOT of places... All of varying reliability.
www.willgoo.com and
www.geekbuying.com seem to be the most reliable.
I got mine from www.aliexpress.com which is also very reliable depending on the seller's rating... So take notice.

My one cost me $150 NZD shipped 3 days DHL. The model is Sanemax CS707.
[ Show youtube player ]
I deleted all the Chinese stuff on it and installed apps from the Google Store instead.
I mainly bought it for it's thin form factor, and the fact it has an IPS screen.

The most reliable brand so far seems to be GPD. It also has the most community support, with a fella named Skelton releasing firmware updates that fix all the issues out of the box.
G7 (7 inch) review [ Show youtube player ]
G5 (5 inch) [ Show youtube player ]
Q9 (7 inch, IPS screen, Coming soon) [ Show youtube player ]

There is a great community that helps and supports each other too.
http://boards.dingoonity.org/
Scroll down to the "Android Devices" section for more information.

P.S: Haha, yeah, I'm a designer by trade and my girlfriend reluctantly lets me have my "inspiration" on my desk... The turtles are just the tip of the ice-berg

I wish I haven't read this, now...

You have very bad influence... thinking to get one myself now...

I just wonder, from your experience, how's button and controller durability?

I mean, everyone needs favorite emulation when we go to...

... sleep, right?
Old 18 October 2014, 10:21   #46
BaldMonk

Ahahahahahaha. I actually use mine to read comics when I "sleep" but anyway....

Well, the buttons on mine have held up well... I play on it basically every day. It has a few software related quirks though... But they all do apparently.

For example, my start button stops responding after about 5 or 6 presses in a row... The only way to get it to function again is to push select... A bug in their software/drivers it would seem.
AdSense AdSense