English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 18 September 2014, 12:52   #1
carvedeye

Hi been a while since I last posted but I have been keeping a close eye on the progress of the PPC support in winuae, I am now trying it out but I can't seem to create an .hdf? I have followed the guide that Binox has kindly posted here on the forum and have followed it exacly as It says but when I am finished the configuration and click start and then go into HDTools and select HDTool Box there is no drive so I can't select "Change Drive Type" as it is greyed out? I have also tried normal winuae and the problem is still the same?

I have managed to create an .hdf file by not selecting "Enable RDB Mode" and I am now able to create the .hdf file. Is "Enable RDB Mode" required ?

Last edited by TCD; 18 September 2014 at 13:07. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 18 September 2014, 13:05   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Yes and no logs/config = no help, sorry.
Old 18 September 2014, 14:29   #3
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL Send a message via Skype™ to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by carvedeye View Post
Hi been a while since I last posted but I have been keeping a close eye on the progress of the PPC support in winuae, I am now trying it out but I can't seem to create an .hdf? I have followed the guide that Binox has kindly posted here on the forum and have followed it exacly as It says but when I am finished the configuration and click start and then go into HDTools and select HDTool Box there is no drive so I can't select "Change Drive Type" as it is greyed out? I have also tried normal winuae and the problem is still the same?

I have managed to create an .hdf file by not selecting "Enable RDB Mode" and I am now able to create the .hdf file. Is "Enable RDB Mode" required ?
Already replied to you on Amiga.org.
Use OS4 boot disk and run Media Toolbox. You dont need to use 3.9 anymore to setup HDD.

Your proberly using the wrong device in HDTOOLBOX.
Old 18 September 2014, 16:32   #4
carvedeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Your proberly using the wrong device in HDTOOLBOX.
Ok I am now able to enable "Enable RDB Mode" As I have set the device to uae rather than IDE 0, when I clickstart everything is working I go into HD Tools and run HD Tool Box and I am able to see my drive I then goto Change Drive Type, Define New and then read configuration once it is done reading it I go to ok and then I get "Volume Install3.1 is Full" ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Yes and no logs/config = no help, sorry.
I can give the config file but how do I show you my log file(s)?

Last edited by TCD; 18 September 2014 at 17:43. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged.
Old 18 September 2014, 16:47   #5
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvedeye View Post
Ok I am now able to enable "Enable RDB Mode" As I have set the device to uae rather than IDE 0, when I clickstart everything is working I go into HD Tools and run HD Tool Box and I am able to see my drive I then goto Change Drive Type, Define New and then read configuration once it is done reading it I go to ok and then I get "Volume Install3.1 is Full" ?
When you click on O.K. HD Tools tries to write a drive definitions file to your Install3.1 disk.
Old 18 September 2014, 16:48   #6
carvedeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
When you click on O.K. HD Tools tries to write a drive definitions file to your Install3.1 disk.
So how do I correct it?
Old 18 September 2014, 16:53   #7
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

If you are trying to install OS4: just boot from OS4 CD or boot adf, there is no need to do any pre-partitioning with OS3 anymore. It was only needed previously because of PPC emulation limits. Read newer instructions (instructions that mention using SCSI)

If you don't see drive in hdtoolbox with IDE: most common reason is wrong emulated hardware and/or mismatched KS ROM files. Hardware must match ROM. (A1200 or A4000)
Old 18 September 2014, 18:22   #8
carvedeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
If you are trying to install OS4: just boot from OS4 CD or boot adf, there is no need to do any pre-partitioning with OS3 anymore. It was only needed previously because of PPC emulation limits. Read newer instructions (instructions that mention using SCSI)

If you don't see drive in hdtoolbox with IDE: most common reason is wrong emulated hardware and/or mismatched KS ROM files. Hardware must match ROM. (A1200 or A4000)
Where can I get the newer instructions from? Also where can I get hold of the Picasso iv rom from? Thanks so much for all the time and effort getting this new version of winuae
Old 18 September 2014, 18:48   #9
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Search this forum and you will find answers. I am too lazy to help more
AdSense AdSense