English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 15 August 2014, 16:46   #41
kamelito
Zone Friend

RetroPC1010 sounds more interesting if ever released.
kamelito
AdSense AdSense  
Old 15 August 2014, 17:50   #42
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL Send a message via Skype™ to FOL
Jeez, harsh much.
Old 28 August 2014, 01:09   #43
Lonewolf10
AMOS Extensions Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vot View Post
I like the way it pays no attention to graphic design, game play mechanics nor musical composition. Its like they went out of their way to ignore every rule of good game design.
Game design... you mean a game needs designing before you create one?!!! (NB: Sarcasm)

I just (foolishly?) revisited the site and noticed the 'AtariAge Losers' page. I doubt any professional programming group would ever do that - they'd list them in a demo!

Oh, Centron3D for the Amiga is finished, and can be bought for $12 AUD (Australian Dollars).

Video 9: All 23 levels (woohoo?!) here: [ Show youtube player ]
Old 28 August 2014, 01:19   #44
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

I'm absolutely staggered anyone thinks they can charge for this.

Seriously, whilst I'll probably be told off by someone, i'd advocate setting up a new cracking group called 'Bollocks' and having them release the game with a massive apology in the cracktro.

Just awful, awful!
Old 28 August 2014, 01:26   #45
s2325
Zone Friend

No one will buy this game, Amiga users are not kids anymore. They had fun developing, we had fun watching their "game" and that's enough I think.
Old 28 August 2014, 06:09   #46
Steve T

If you're selling a game commercially, aren't you meant to make your own background graphics, not scan them in from old magazines or rip them off a PD disk...?

BTW, the text above has nothing AT ALL to do with Centron 3D, just asking a general Q , don't sue me, I don't even own an Atari!
Old 28 August 2014, 06:54   #47
Thorham
Computer Nerd

This is the kind of game you'd write when learning how to code. As such, it would be perfectly fine, but as a commercial product? LOLOLOL
Old 28 August 2014, 08:08   #48
saimon69
Bedroom musician

8-6~~~~~~ bleurgh! Did better games on ZX spectrum using BASIC

Last edited by saimon69; 28 August 2014 at 08:15. Reason: punctualization - let's say so
Old 28 August 2014, 17:48   #49
brett71

*facepalm*

Someone's charging money for this?
Old 28 August 2014, 17:56   #50
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

I'm puzzled by the insistence on '3D' being attached to the name.... its not.
Old 28 August 2014, 18:04   #51
s2325
Zone Friend

Maybe it's their first game and next one will be better. I think it's ok as part of some megademo, nothing more.
Old 28 August 2014, 18:31   #52
amiman99

Well...at least he released a game, if he sales some or not it's another story.

I did noticed that he has some animosity towards AtariAge crowd for commenting harshly about his game or his company. People are harsh and you need to take it with a thick skin, so making a specific page called "AtariAGE losers page" is just childish.
Old 28 August 2014, 20:35   #53
saimon69
Bedroom musician

@amiman99
Yup, not the best for your business ^^
Old 29 August 2014, 03:28   #54
imigger
Banned

ill say whats on everyone's mind what a shit game , I can knock something up in 1 hour far more exciting and better looking than this shit .
Old 29 August 2014, 05:18   #55
kjmann14

Looks Pretty Pathetic. We supported them at first when they announced the atari 8-bit version and it just seems too convenient that the game was shelved on the eve of it's release. If this amiga version is in anyway an indicator of the regular quality of their work, then I won't be purchasing any games from them in the near future. This game doesn't look good enough to be an OCS game, much less an AGA game.

Sad. Very Sad. My company will never put out garbage like this.

Last edited by kjmann14; 29 August 2014 at 05:31.
Old 30 August 2014, 12:10   #56
s2325
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
I'm puzzled by the insistence on '3D' being attached to the name.... its not.
They may know this [ Show youtube player ]
Old 30 August 2014, 19:22   #57
flashjazzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiman99 View Post
I did noticed that he has some animosity towards AtariAge crowd for commenting harshly about his game or his company. People are harsh and you need to take it with a thick skin, so making a specific page called "AtariAGE losers page" is just childish.
Not only that, but he sent me a series of (rather laughable) emails with threats of legal action on the grounds of "deformation" [sic], and then stalked me on Facebook (that's where he discovered the name of my wife, who is now addressed directly on the "Losers" page). Most of the stick he received came after he started acting like a nutter on the forum. And the fact he finished the Amiga version (to a low standard) does not excuse the fact the Atari version was vapourware. A nasty, mixed-up character. Don't get involved with him directly (for any purpose other than telling him how great he is), unless you want to waste a lot of time dealing with harassment from one or more of his multiple personalities.

Old 31 August 2014, 14:16   #58
Mclane
Old fart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjmann14 View Post
Looks Pretty Pathetic. We supported them at first when they announced the atari 8-bit version and it just seems too convenient that the game was shelved on the eve of it's release. If this amiga version is in anyway an indicator of the regular quality of their work, then I won't be purchasing any games from them in the near future. This game doesn't look good enough to be an OCS game, much less an AGA game.

Sad. Very Sad. My company will never put out garbage like this.
Totally agree and me and Sal don't agree on much these day..

All the products that Sal puts out are both FINISHED and to a superb degree of technical excellence, these are proper commercial products and not some vapourware or less than bargain bucket nonsense that don't deserve free status let alone your cash.

Pete and his many clones didn't get grilled on Atariage for no reason, we encouraged until it became clear it was a shambles, if Pete wants to blame anyone then he should look in the mirror.

Oh dear, I'm most likely back on the childish Losers page again with the impending 1 day to go legal action.

And its been a damn long day!
Old 31 August 2014, 14:19   #59
Mclane
Old fart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashjazzcat View Post
Not only that, but he sent me a series of (rather laughable) emails with threats of legal action on the grounds of "deformation" [sic], and then stalked me on Facebook (that's where he discovered the name of my wife, who is now addressed directly on the "Losers" page). Most of the stick he received came after he started acting like a nutter on the forum. And the fact he finished the Amiga version (to a low standard) does not excuse the fact the Atari version was vapourware. A nasty, mixed-up character. Don't get involved with him directly (for any purpose other than telling him how great he is), unless you want to waste a lot of time dealing with harassment from one or more of his multiple personalities.
And if you want to see the multiple personality mania of Pete then watch his music video which is linked to on the Atariage page in the thread about Centron 3D, sorry I don't have the link to hand to save the search..

Last edited by Mclane; 31 August 2014 at 14:26.
Old 01 September 2014, 18:47   #60
Crashdisk

The screen title gives me a feeling of deja-vu... lol

AdSense AdSense