Bruce lee is a must have awesome game
Kamelito
AdSense AdSense  
Old 30 June 2014, 01:30   #22
invent
pixels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
The Amstrad version wasn't bad. Back then my best friend had a CPC 464 and I had a C64. I prefered Yie ar Kung Fu on the C64 though.
Speaking of Kung Fu games, another one on which we spent a lot of time was Bruce Lee. I remember having played more Bruce Lee on my friend CPC than my C64 (the green Sumo, haaaa ! His "M" was very funny ! ).
Will have a closer look and play the C64 version soon

Bruce Lee was fun too, brought back a website/remake memory. PC version created by Mark Rosten http://www.planetflibble.com/blitz/
Old 30 June 2014, 23:04   #23
kamelito
Zone Friend

I've sent a mail to the author to see if he could release the source code and datas.

Kamelito
Old 16 July 2014, 01:03   #24
Bastich

Image taken from an early build of our (Myself and Invent) Lunar 'Jetman Reboot' for Windows. The more blurry sprites are temporary ones I have borrowed . The full GFX set being produced by Invert looks awesome
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen dump 3.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	40535  
Old 16 July 2014, 01:45   #25
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

How far developed is Amiga C? I ask because there is the full source code available for Alien 8 / Ultimate and i'm wondering how easy that would be to get running on Amiga by someone whos good with C?

Having said that, i'd love to tackle a conversion like Alien 8 or Knight Lore but i'm trying to get my brain around the logistics of how I would construct a map that wasn't an absolute ball ache to use and implement with collision, movement, graphic plotting priorities etc, etc.

I think i'm figuring out why Treasure Trap was so slow, as I suspect they lazily replotted EVERYTHING every frame!!
Old 16 July 2014, 07:24   #26
Samurai_Crow
Total Chaos forever!

Send a message via Yahoo to Samurai_Crow
The Amiga backend for GCC is bad but getting better. VBCC is OK. SAS/C varies. I wish I had time to make a backend for LLVM so we could use Clang.

That's how it is for Amiga C.
Old 16 July 2014, 21:21   #27
kamelito
Zone Friend

Please take the time why not do a bounty?
Kamelito
Old 16 July 2014, 21:22   #28
kamelito
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastich View Post
Image taken from an early build of our (Myself and Invent) Lunar 'Jetman Reboot' for Windows. The more blurry sprites are temporary ones I have borrowed . The full GFX set being produced by Invert looks awesome
Nice!
Kamelito
Old 16 July 2014, 21:25   #29
kamelito
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
How far developed is Amiga C? I ask because there is the full source code available for Alien 8 / Ultimate and i'm wondering how easy that would be to get running on Amiga by someone whos good with C?

Having said that, i'd love to tackle a conversion like Alien 8 or Knight Lore but i'm trying to get my brain around the logistics of how I would construct a map that wasn't an absolute ball ache to use and implement with collision, movement, graphic plotting priorities etc, etc.

I think i'm figuring out why Treasure Trap was so slow, as I suspect they lazily replotted EVERYTHING every frame!!
I don't like the GFX too 3d rendered to my tastes. IIRC it use Allegro lib which isn't available for 68k.
Kamelito
Old 24 September 2014, 12:26   #30
Bastich

Lunar Jetman is in its final stages of development and will be released soonish
A few low res screen shots are available on my rather empty website (www.nebula-design.com).
Old 29 September 2014, 19:24   #31
s2325
Zone Friend

Space Chase for Amiga is a remake of old arcade game with 2 cars trapped in small maze: [ Show youtube player ]
Old 30 September 2014, 11:52   #32
Michael Sykes
WinUAE end user

I allways wanted a port of SEGAs Virtua Racing for the Amiga.
But I guess that will never happen...

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 01 October 2014, 05:42   #33
Samurai_Crow
Total Chaos forever!

The Amiga polygon fill can go up to 3 or 4 bitplanes on AGA. ECS is stuck at 2. VirtuaRacer will have to wait for an FPGA accelerator.
Old 02 October 2014, 20:15   #34
s2325
Zone Friend

Zonal War for Amiga is a remake of ZX Spectrum game War Zone.
Old 02 October 2014, 22:50   #35
Michael Sykes
WinUAE end user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai_Crow View Post
The Amiga polygon fill can go up to 3 or 4 bitplanes on AGA. ECS is stuck at 2. VirtuaRacer will have to wait for an FPGA accelerator.
You mean that Quake II will run but VR would not....
WTF??? Really? Could someone confirm that?

edit: I was just curious and did a quick check on google.
Wiki came up with that...

Due to the complexity of the Model 1 board, a home console version seemed unlikely, until 1994 when a cartridge design incorporating the Sega Virtua Processor on an extra chip was created to enable a version on the Genesis/Mega Drive. This chip was extremely expensive to manufacture, leading Sega to price the Genesis version of Virtua Racing unusually high: US$100 in the United States[2] and 70 in the United Kingdom.

Cant we emulate that crapy chip on bigger cpus like 040/060?
I mean the genesis itself was 68000 only.So there would be plenty of horsepower left...

Last edited by Michael Sykes; 02 October 2014 at 23:08.
Old 03 October 2014, 04:37   #36
Samurai_Crow
Total Chaos forever!

On AGA, I know of an algorithm that can help. Since we're talking remakes, think about using a texture mapper for the other 4 bitplanes. Also consider making a smaller view of the polygon area ala the C64 versions of Test Drive in which half of the display was instrument panel.

Last edited by Samurai_Crow; 03 October 2014 at 04:44.
Old 03 October 2014, 12:52   #37
Michael Sykes
WinUAE end user

You mean like in Leading Lap MPV? Wouldn't be the same but it would work for me.
Leading Lap is also the next best to VR I'v ever seen on my Amiga.
But I would prefer solid color polygon fill instead of that mixed pixelated mud.

Virtua Figter would be nice,too. But it had only a few moves and the controls are not as intuitive as lets say SF2 or Tekken.
Old 03 October 2014, 17:00   #38
Samurai_Crow
Total Chaos forever!

Leading Lap has a similar view to Test Drive, yes, but there's another way to do the graphics for a third-person display like the Megadrive/Genesis version of Virtua Racer though. Since the graphics action is primarily vertical and in the Z dimension (back into the screen), the X dimension is not needed so badly so one way to get a nice split-screen effect without making the screen shorter, is to make the screen narrower. We can fill up the rightmost 64 pixels of display with nothing but sprites, using the BorderSprite bit on AGA. Since the blitter will be completely busy filling polygons and doing nothing else, all of the other parts will have to be CPU-blitted to sprites.

A Virtua Fighter/Tekken clone would need more horizontal movement though so we'd want to put the score and such in a top and bottom screen display, leaving the center screen full-width.

Even so, we would need a graphics card (or faster Amiga chipset than AGA) to go deeper than 5 bitplanes even then. Likewise, we'd need a hefty processor to crunch through the calculations for more than about 6 cars at once. I suspect that the Virtua Processor did some computational vertex translation on the chip as well as polygon acceleration to be able to get it to run on a flat 68000 clocked at 8 MHz.
Old 03 October 2014, 23:21   #39
dreamkatcha
My elbow tastes of icky

Whatever happened to the Amiga version of Mayhem in Monsterland that was in the works years ago? That was considered by many to be the pinnacle of C-64 gaming and was released at the height of the Miggy's success in 1993 yet never got a port.
Old 04 October 2014, 17:17   #40
s2325
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2325 View Post
Space Chase for Amiga is a remake of old arcade game with 2 cars trapped in small maze: [ Show youtube player ]
Another one is Dodge 'Em v1.1 (1993)(Gallagher, K.)
AdSense AdSense