English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 23 June 2014, 20:14   #1

AmigaKit.com reaches its 10th anniversary!

Way back in June 2004, AmigaKit.com opened it's doors to its first customers. We are very pleased to reach the 10th anniversary of the launch and would like to make a special thank you to all who has supported us through the last decade!

The small remaining Amiga market is not an easy place to trade and there have been many challenges over the last 10 years. We hope to achieve even more for the Amiga and our customers in the next 10 years.

A Special Message To Our Long Standing Customers

There is a core group of customers worldwide that have ordered from us regularly since 2004 to the present day. This seems a good occasion to express our sincerest gratitude. We would like to thank them for their orders and keeping AmigaKit going through the good times and the more challenging times. As a celebration of this event, we would ask any of these customers to contact us if you are placing an order in the very near future so we can offer you a loyalty discount on any items you may need.

A Brief History of AmigaKit

In 2004, the Amiga reseller scene was going through a lot of change, several retailers across the world either closed down or faded away. Store website inventories were no longer being updated or domains being renewed, and slowly one by one, the choice for consumers dwindled away.

AmigaKit was established as a full time business to help in some way buck the trend and provided a professional reliable service to Amiga users worldwide where they can obtain their Amiga products and services without paying over inflated prices in well known auction websites. We established a full time technical support service to provide after sales support and help customers with installation queries.

We started developing our own software in-house such as OS-Install, EasyNet and EasyADF and continue to produce software to this day, including the new AMIStore for A-EON Technology.

In 2006, AmigaKit purchased the remaining inventory from Eyetech and the Amiga product range grew in size, so we moved into new offices in Cardiff. For the very first time, we visited the famous Amiwest show in California and met the many customers there that were up to that point, just names on our system and not faces and personalities. Exhibiting at shows became a long standing tradition for us from this point. Attending conventions and shows always is costly but at the same time it is rewarding to personally speak to our customers and build friendships on many occasions.

In 2008, the remaining inventory of High Street Micro was also acquired. One of the problems we found was that there were no new product being manufactured so we had to re-invest our revenues into sponsoring hardware and software projects and encouraging hardware development. Several products were a result of this scheme including the popular products such as the ZorRAM and MAS Player evolution. Most recently we have diversified into manufacturing Amiga joysticks such as the Arcade Evolution joystick.

In 2009, we took on another full time technician so that we had more capacity for Amiga repairs, servicing and in-house hardware projects. One of the first tasks of the year was to prepare for the AmigaONE X1000 project which we were only involved in from a reseller point of view. Later on in late 2010, our role changed and we had to help get the project back on track.

By 2012, it was clear we needed a large building and the opportunity came around to buy a property a mile away from our offices. It required a lot of renovation to meet our requirements and the building work presented many challenges during the six months. Once this was complete we slowly migrated our operations and inventory from old building to the new during the summer months.

What is next for the AmigaKit project?

Our business would not exist without our loyal customers, so the most important relationship is with all the Amiga fans out there. We will continue to support them with technical help and visit computer shows around the world putting faces to names.

Our continued partnership with many hardware suppliers and partners will produce new Classic Amiga and Next Generation Amiga projects. If customer continue to vote with their wallets and buy these new products, our suppliers can continue to expand their resources for many more new exciting products in the future.

We have already made plans and are committed to producing and sponsoring more software projects and working together with other companies in the Amiga market to make the Amiga a more successful computer platform. Here's to another decade!

Messages from our business partners:

I would like to congratulate Matthew and AmigaKit for 10 years of service to the Classic and Next-Generation Amiga community. I was customer of AmigaKit and Matthew long before we became friends and business partners. In 2005 AmigaKit built my first A1-XE AmigaOS 4 system and shortly after my first Pegasos II MorphOS system. Although I used other suppliers, Amigakit was always my first port of call for all my Amiga spares, consumables and repairs. We even collaborated on several special Classic Amiga projects which included an experimental multi-booting Amiga 4000 tower system which at the time supported AmigaOS3.9, a pre-release beta version of AmigOS4.0 Classic and MorphOS PowerUp. In my experience AmigaKit's service and reliability has always been first class and I had no hesitation in selecting Matthew and his team when we were looking for distribution partners for the new AmigaONE X1000 back in 2010. All that remains to be said is congratulation on reaching your 10th anniversary, here's to the next ten years.
Trevor Dickinson, co-founder, A-EON Technology

AmigaKit has been a reliable partner from the very start. They don't just move boxes, but provide real added value with their service. I've gotten to know the people behind AmigaKit at a number of Amiga shows, and I also met their families. We've always had a great time, and I'm looking forward to more meetings and continued solid business. Here's to the next ten years!
Jens Schoenfeld, Individual Computers

E3B has been in business relationship with Amigakit now for over five years now. Several projects, like the ZorRAM or the new PRISMA sound card, were developped and produced in close cooperation, always with the goal in mind to get customer tailor made solutions for the Amiga community. Of course, things were not always easy, and working together while being separated by some thousand kilometers, with beta tester sitting all around the world, can be demanding - all project so far did suceed, and this seems to prove we are on the right way. We hope to continue this relationship also for the future and congratulate for 10 years in business!
Michael Boehmer, E3B

Congratulations on your 10th anniversary! AmigaKit and its team always stood for Competence and Trust, and I look forward to the next 10 years of activity.
Mike Battilana, Cloanto
AdSense AdSense  
Old 23 June 2014, 20:27   #2
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan
Happy anniversary!

I'm sure to buy from you in the near future as I have just acquired an amiga 1200 and hope to beef it up over time.
Old 23 June 2014, 20:36   #3

All the best and here's to the next 10.
Old 23 June 2014, 20:51   #4
CaptainM68K-SPS France
Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Happy birthday too, Amigakit have always been competent and serious in amiga products

Always been pleased to do business with them as a customer !
Old 23 June 2014, 20:51   #5
But has your shipping times improved?
Old 23 June 2014, 21:35   #6
Happy anniversary!
Old 23 June 2014, 21:43   #7

Thanks for these 10 years. You are heroes!
Old 23 June 2014, 21:50   #8
Unemployed & Lovin' it
Happy Anniversary Amigakit, thank you for your support of the Amiga and for your great products!
Old 23 June 2014, 22:21   #9
Amiga Collector

Happy Anniversary! Hope i can gratulate you again for the next10.
I'm always satisfied with my orders from you
Old 23 June 2014, 23:51   #10
Sys dec($cdab)
Next step now is to get some A1200 NOS back in stock asap, Minimig, Chamleon64's and Arcade FPGA board deals, good luck for the future
Old 23 June 2014, 23:56   #11
Thumbs up

seriously has 10 years already passed ?? big time congrats guys !!!

the few times new hardware let me down you guys fixed it and got my miggies back up & running happily :-)
Old 24 June 2014, 00:01   #12
Yeah, thanks for being in the business of all things Amiga!
Old 24 June 2014, 00:06   #13

Waiting for the usb expansion for Xsurf100.
Old 24 June 2014, 00:19   #14

Congrats and keep up the excellent work!
Old 24 June 2014, 01:01   #15
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
Congratulations! Your hard work deserves success and celebration!
Old 24 June 2014, 01:36   #16
Ruler of the Universe

Send a message via Skype™ to Retrofan
Congratulations! I wish I had more money to spend lately ...
Old 24 June 2014, 01:44   #17
Mark Wright
I've only had cause to use the services of Amikit twice over the past decade, but each time they took the effort to engage with me via e-mail in order to provide the correct advice and identify the correct product, which was then delivered quickly. Both of my orders were worth only a few quid to them (while potentially saving me loads thanks to their honest diagnosis) yet still, they checked-in with me afterwards to find out how I was getting on. Service and dedication above and beyond the call of duty!

I feel guilty now for initially regarding Amikit with a degree of suspicion, presuming they existed only to cynically wring the last financial knockings out of the hyper-moribund Amiga market. I was pleased to be proved very wrong. Long live Amigakit!
Old 24 June 2014, 02:21   #18
Yep congrats and here's to another 10 years with many new Classic hardware projects
Old 24 June 2014, 03:21   #19

Congratulations and thanks for your great service!

Checked my order history, the first thing I ordered from you was Blizzard 1260 in 2005
Old 24 June 2014, 10:48   #20
10 years already!? Seems like yesterday. I for one appreciate the work you do supporting the Amiga.
AdSense AdSense