English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

Old 20 November 2002, 19:38   #1
NytroX86

2 Nameless Games

I can't remember the name of a couple of games I'm looking to get my hands on. The first is a game where you battle with coloured lines. You use your line to try and cut off the opponents' lines and destroy them, a bit like a Snake war. I think it might be called something like Light Wars?
The second is on the Assassins compilation and is a 'tactical' military game. You control a team of soldiers from a birds eye view and go around using a turn based system wiping out the enemy. You bought weapons at the start of each round. I have no idea what this was called.

AdSense AdSense  
Old 20 November 2002, 20:00   #2
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

The second one sounds like Task Force:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	taskforce.gif
Views:	252
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	4114  
Old 20 November 2002, 20:06   #3
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

I need something more specific for the first one - there are alot of Tron light cycle games on the Amiga.

If it's commercial, it could be:

Corx
Extensor
Tech

There are loads on shareware/freeware as well!
Old 20 November 2002, 20:30   #4
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Extensor was my guess too for the 1st game since it's still fresh in my mind after playing it recently.
Old 20 November 2002, 21:23   #5
NytroX86

Thanks, Task Force is definately what I was thinking of, as for the other one I'll try to describe it better. My father says it was shareware and believes it might be called 'something' Invaders. I think this was quite simply lines of light, it might have even been limited to four directions. I think the game area was bigger than one screen. Since I can't remember any specifics and there are apparently tons of similar games around it might be impossible to pin this down.

Old 21 November 2002, 13:25   #6
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Lightbulb

Do you recall if it was on a coverdisk from one of the Amiga magazines, eg:The One,Amiga Power,Amiga Format etc. You could look at the coverdisc scans at the Nth Dimension site & see if you recognise any screenshots.
AdSense AdSense