English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 29 April 2014, 15:40   #1
Joebloggs71

Unhappy Open .ADF file

Please please help I've been on the Amiga scene since about 1987 and was even a Protracker musician in Mirage UK however I have never tried to open an ADF file, silly I know but have come across a newish piece of tracker software called PT 1210 MK1 and really want to get it up and running on my A1200. I have WHDLoad which includes tracksaver version 2 and Dopus 4.11 and was wondering if I can open this file either onto my CF HD or my other CF card which is in the PCMCIA slot, my floppy has had it so I can't write to that. Please I'm getting desperate now. Us tracker musicians can be a bit thick. I heard tracksaver was the one to use? Thanks:-)

AdSense AdSense  
Old 29 April 2014, 15:57   #2
ptyerman

There's a couple of ways you can do it. Use WinUAE to mount the adf as a disk and copy the files that way.
Or you could use adfblizter on the Amiga to unpack the adf. Needs at least OS 2 though. http://aminet.net/package/disk/misc/adfblitzer
There is also a Windows program called adfOpus that opens adf files for copying files.
There is quite a few programs around that do what you need but these 2 are the most popular.
Old 29 April 2014, 16:43   #3
ajk

It's also available as a .zip and an .lha archive, if you have no use for the disk image (.adf) anyway I suggest you grab one of those.
AdSense AdSense